• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    I use it as "wow", which can be a good wow or a bad wow.

UserA: I've lost 50 pounds!
    Me: Woo emoji (wow! good job!)

UserB: I hate animals.
    Me: Woo emoji (wow...)

@Kiyomoo

Then you are insulting people by marking their posts as bro science, BS or WTF.

Please don't be rude when you intend to congratulate!
    How about actually saying something nice instead?

I think calling it rude is going a little far, considering the sheer amount of people who use it in a positive way. I am not the only one.

The fact remains, that is not the meaning or intention of the reaction. Some people interpret it that way when they first arrive; therefore, their misuse is unintentional. Intentionally continuing to misuse it because it suits your narrative is indeed rude, and potentially distressful to some users who are sensitive to that kind of thing.

It was my intention to use it positively, and I have not used it in that way since this thread.

Ah, then you're good :smile: That was not clear to me from your earlier post.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Whelp, I've been using the woo button as praise. Sorry to all the folks I've unintentionally ticked off. No more buttons for me!

You can use Like, Insightful, Inspiring, and Hug. :)

I wish they would change Woo to "Disagree" -- something clearer and not so insulting.

That would be my preference, but if they don't want to do that, than just get rid of it. As was demonstrated on this thread, there is a lot of confusion about the meaning of "Woo".

If they got rid of Woo I'd figure out how to passive-aggressively use "hug" as the new woo. "Bless your heart" like how the little old ladies in the southern US use it.

I've also been know to use "inspiring" when a post in particularly funny and I don't feel like "like" is enough. Or "insightful" for a wonderfully sarcastic post or one that's giving major side-eye. Good stuff.

"Bless your heart" would be a wonderful reaction.

I know you're being a little be facetious, but I feel like if they did end up adding a "bless your heart" button it would be used just like the "woo" button because of how regional the passive aggressive meaning of "bless your heart" is. Or really, how regional any use of that phrase is.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Do the woos count against the postee in some way because sometimes I wanna use it wrong because I REALLY like what someone says and then post why I wooed wrongly. :smiley:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Do the woos count against the postee in some way because sometimes I wanna use it wrong because I REALLY like what someone says and then post why I wooed wrongly. :smiley:

u troll
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I was wooed recently for sharing my experiences with binge eating (I can't imagine that was a "woohoo" but people are odd) and it looks like someone dug up a two-year-old thread about a baby food diet to leave me a woo present.

i've been woo'ed for saying good morning.

i've been woo'ed for hoping someone had a quick recovery from surgery.

some people are petty are small and i love that my very existence gets their panties in a bunch >:)

Shameful things to say to people. :tongue: