Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well, I've personally been de valuing my
    past awesomes by hugging the most egregiously woo worry posts I spot :lol:

In any case, we are on positive only trends here.

Personally, I think that "disagree" is much more appropriate and less judgemental, thus ultimately, less un-positive.

Disagree just means disagree with no inherent un-positive judgements!

I could just disagree because I have a personal preference for blue as opposed to pink.

Or because I think you're a misguided *kitten*.

But you have no way of knowing my secondary thoughts, only the fact that for some strange reason we don't both agree with whatever *kitten* you just spouted!

Disagree: indicates the non value laden non espousal of the content of the referenced post.

:wink:

YES YES YES
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don't usually mess with the "ratings" or whatever they are called. I did on occasion give people a "woo" in the NSV and other success threads because I thought it was a positive thing. (very few times)

If you look at the HTML code of the web page it says:
    <a class="Hijack ReactButton ReactButton-WTF" href="/en/react/comment/wtf?id=41055545"
    tabindex="0" title="Woo" data-reaction="wtf" rel="nofollow">
    <span class="ReactSprite ReactWTF"></span> <span class="ReactLabel">Woo</span></a>

It was changed from "WTF" to "woo", after looking at the code I think it is suppose to be negative reaction to the comment.

To all the people I wooed in the success stories, the NSV threads etc. I am sorry. I meant "woo-hoo", not anything negative.
    But in all seriousness, those things at the bottom of the message shouldn't bother you one way or the other.

2rbmihsq9atg.png

• mph323
    Options
    sgriska wrote: »
    I've never posted anything that could be construed as pseudoscience or anything "too good to be true" and yet I have several "woo" reactions. I don't know what to think of it. I think it is confusing.

A lot of people think it means "WooHoo!", so take it as a compliment :)
  • mph323
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I've never posted anything that could be construed as pseudoscience or anything "too good to be true" and yet I have several "woo" reactions. I don't know what to think of it. I think it is confusing.

A lot of people use it instead of the nonexistent "Dislike" button.

And others use it as an "I just don't like you" even though there's nothing wrong with the post.

Yeah, there's a lot of that in hot button threads - sugar, carbs, fat, artificial sweeteners. Sometimes almost every post has at least one "woo". smh
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

And others use it as an "I just don't like you" even though there's nothing wrong with the post.

Yeah, there's a lot of that in hot button threads - sugar, carbs, fat, artificial sweeteners. Sometimes almost every post has at least one "woo". smh

And it really doesn't matter which side you're on, or somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Almost everyone gets it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

And it really doesn't matter which side you're on, or somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Almost everyone gets it.

Exactly! And a lot of that is lurkers - 5 posts into the thread and there's already a dozen woo's. Like the people in the thread are players on the field and the fans are rooting for their favorite team :/

And of course, the assumption is that if I post a comment disagreeing with you, I must have been one of the people who used the woo flag.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options

Yeah, just about every time I post something about exercise, I get a Woo.

I know it's supposed to mean that what I've said is "too good to be true", but then I wonder if someone thinks it means "woo-hoo" and it's good.

So I choose to assume that the person doesn't know that "Woo" means "too good to be true" and is giving a "high-five ... woo-hoo". :):):)

I would prefer to change Woo to Dislike. Wonder if we can get the mods to do that.

And bring back Awesome!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Yeah, just about every time I post something about exercise, I get a Woo.

I know it's supposed to mean that what I've said is "too good to be true", but then I wonder if someone thinks it means "woo-hoo" and it's good.

So I choose to assume that the person doesn't know that "Woo" means "too good to be true" and is giving a "high-five ... woo-hoo". :):):)

I would prefer to change Woo to Dislike. Wonder if we can get the mods to do that.

And bring back Awesome!

Yeah thats the attitude to take, if someone woo's you its because they think its a good thing - normally a newbie faux pas.

I agree, woo would be better being changed to dislike - can't see the mods going for it, it might be too offensive! >:)