The Origin and Meaning of "Woo"

Options

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    They need to add an "GAWD your a flipping idiot!" button so no one is confused.

Again, I vote to get rid of the ratings, the likes and everything else except for the quote and flag buttons, they are the only buttons needed.

I once read they decided to allow the reactions in order to prevent people from "piling on" with the same basic responses, which actually makes sense, but when the reaction is ambiguous, an explanation is still in order.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I once read they decided to allow the reactions in order to prevent people from "piling on" with the same basic responses, which actually makes sense, but when the reaction is ambiguous, an explanation is still in order.
    That makes sense, it reduces the number of meaningless messages.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Edited to add: support for my position was strengthened by the two anonymous Woo votes to this post. I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean. That the clickers are mean-spirited? That they think they are really humourous? that they have judged me/my post insincere? Meh. whatever.

In this thread, whatever you post is going to get "Woo"-ed. :grin: It's all about the woo here.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Edited to add: support for my position was strengthened by the two anonymous Woo votes to this post. I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean. That the clickers are mean-spirited? That they think they are really humourous? that they have judged me/my post insincere? Meh. whatever.

In this thread, whatever you post is going to get "Woo"-ed. :grin: It's all about the woo here.

yeah I have noticed that anyone mentions a woo gets a woo in general... I have to say it is tempting to reciprocate in kind LOL :smiley:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Anyway, outside of this thread, woo is a negative thing ...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570889/new-community-reaction-woo#latest

I quote ...

"In our community Woo means that you think an idea or approach is too good to be true."
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    please ignore....
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    It's hard to believe I have garnered 99 woos already. As long as we don't get "banned" based on # of woos I really don't care. At one point I think it was debated about doing something along those line.

I think it's a bit passive aggressive to woo someone because you disagree with them and then not state your point of view but the button is there and it's free speech and all that. ;)

5u1kel1vb5zw.png

How do you find that?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    It's hard to believe I have garnered 99 woos already. As long as we don't get "banned" based on # of woos I really don't care. At one point I think it was debated about doing something along those line.

I think it's a bit passive aggressive to woo someone because you disagree with them and then not state your point of view but the button is there and it's free speech and all that. ;)

5u1kel1vb5zw.png

How do you find that?

Click the bell (top right of your screen on the web) then click on "Profile" at the top where it says, "Message Boards › Profile › Activity "

Here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I like *kitten*. It's made its way into my IRL conversations on occasion, which is fun to explain.