JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this idea! All about the positive vibes.

The JFT Lovely List

Toaljasa: I am good at teaching.
    Bex953172: I am good at making people laugh :)
    AJB 1014: I am good at listening
    Snowflake68: I am incredibly patient with others.
    Faebert: I am good at making cakes 🍰
    HGSmith0920: I am a great lover of people
    nickssweetheart: I am a very good writer.
    monstersweetsbyallison: I can be a full time stay at home mom and help my husband run our farms at the same time.
    jeschepp: I am good at seeing the potential in others, including myself
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So I have a secret confession: I want to be a runner. I actually (when I don't feel like I'm dying and can't breathe) really enjoy running. I love what runners look like, slow or fast. But I've usually been too out of shape to actually
    do more than a brisk walk. So today, I was feeling strong and confident and threw a few 1-minute jogs into my walk. I felt like I was dying, I'm sure I looked like I was dying, I was slow as hell. But I did it. Here's hoping I can slowly build up and maybe someday...we'll see. Thanks for *listening*

Here's my check in:

House chores-not today :(
    Start next report at work (only 2 to go to be caught up!) ✅-almost finished it!
    Get to work on time :(
    30 minutes exercise ✅-crushed it, event tried jogging a little but got a pretty stark reminder I'm still out of shape and felt like I was gonna die.
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise ✅-getting better but still work to do to balance this
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    Finish report at work
    Find something moderately healthy to eat at work dinner (eating out at a restaurant)
    30 minutes exercise
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    So I have a secret confession: I want to be a runner. I actually (when I don't feel like I'm dying and can't breathe) really enjoy running. I love what runners look like, slow or fast. But I've usually been too out of shape to actually
    do more than a brisk walk. So today, I was feeling strong and confident and threw a few 1-minute jogs into my walk. I felt like I was dying, I'm sure I looked like I was dying, I was slow as hell. But I did it. Here's hoping I can slowly build up and maybe someday...we'll see. Thanks for *listening*

Here's my check in:

Such tenacity! Good for you. I do not run (I'm a walker...not the zombie kind, but the pedestrian kind, haha) I found a quote just with you in mind. Keep going! And give us updates---

May you find an abundance of peace and joy along with strength and confidence.
    3mp7e4fulisa.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    OHHHH 4 pages behind in posts

@bex953172 Thank you thank you for posting the video and supporting me. Today I got through more of the video but had to modify did not take any breathers this time just one br break last time. My body is feeling it Had to laugh at the shaking the house I found the perfect spot today that is why I think I did better. Trail mix usually healthy sometime with sweets but high in calories if not careful what kind. Nice job ob goals. Need to get yoga mat if possible or towel with tape on one side will work too. Slipping is no fun :(

@hgsmith0920 (((((hugs)))))

@faebert What was your June challenge?

@toaljasa great idea on the bath mat or bathroom rug would work as well the one with a rubber backing-just needed to read further nice to know the group thinks on the same lines

@amberglittersparkles yes love this thread stated again in June but they are all amazing here. Wonderful support great job on your loss and great 6 mo goal.

@nickssweetheart chipotle is not to unhealthy you could have done worse. Great job on other goals

@snowflake1968 “In 2017 my best friend made me promise to start daily devotions as I was going through something big. I did it and have found it has helped me immensely. Prayers, gratitude and Faith are getting me through a lot!” - - could not agree more!!!!

Still have three pages to go but that will have to be tomorrow. Hope you all have a great night!!!!
    Keep on Keeping On!!!

@mepeiffer the June challenge is something some of us on here are doing. Created by our awesome leader @mytime6630 each month since April we have had a challenge to focus on. So April was to drink at least 8 cups of water, May to be active outside for at least 15 minutes, and June was to not do any emotional eating - to get on here and record our feelings and how we have tackled them. I’m keeping up all of them at the moment as I feel they are all really useful. Also recording when I have given in to emotional eating. Think lots of us have learnt a lot from paying attention to it. I know I have! X
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So many more posts on here! @HGSmith0920 thank you so much for your kind words! I spend so much time with small people (my own and my class!) that I rarely get any positive adult feedback. So thank you for taking the time :)

@nickssweetheart I understand exactly why you’re struggling even though it is good news. Change can be scary - even positive change. But the best way to go into a new job is feeling as good about yourself as possible. You are not the same person you were when you left your last job. You are stronger, fitter, healthier, more mindful. And you have a great support network here! Keep smashing it - one day at a time xx
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The JFT Lovely List

Toaljasa: I am good at teaching.
    Bex953172: I am good at making people laugh :)
    AJB 1014: I am good at listening
    Snowflake68: I am incredibly patient with others.
    Faebert: I am good at making cakes 🍰
    HGSmith0920: I am a great lover of people
    nickssweetheart: I am a very good writer.
    monstersweetsbyallison: I can be a full time stay at home mom and help my husband run our farms at the same time.
    jeschepp: I am good at seeing the potential in others, including myself
    mytime6630 -I love to sew and give hand sewn items to those less fortunate - mostly chemo hats and quilts.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Wow -- I just can't keep up with all these posts!!! But I am so happy ..... look at how much we have all become friends ..... always here for each other. Makes my heart smile <3

I had a busy day ... a group of us "friends" from the gym all went out to eat. Its one thing to be friends with people at the gym, but now our friendships have expanded. It was so much fun -- there were 13 of us. Of course, we all look different "dressed up"! LOL . I always wear my hair up, with no makeup on at the gym since I go first thing in the morning. It was nice to get compliments about how pretty I looked ... made me feel so good. And hubby was with me to hear them as well LOL

I am still working on my list of goals for the next 6 months, and while I am doing that, I am starting to realize how very far I have come this year. Even thought the scale is not showing much .... my clothes are looser. I am so much stronger ... and I feel more toned. Last year I hated going to the gym .... this year, I love it and look forward. I am still working on getting in the water, and emotional eating, but, I am getting better. But the main thing ... is that this thread, and all the friends on here, have kept me from giving up.

Today a friend stopped over that had lost 45 pounds last year ... on one of those fad diets (Trim mama diet, or something like that it was called). She has gained all of that back, plus more. So while I have not lost, I have not gained back the 24 pounds I lost last year. So .... that alone is a big thing.

SO, enough gabbing. Onto my goals for tomorrow ( I can't find mine from last nite .... I know they are someone in the 90+ posts!!!)

JFt, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge = 8+ cups of water
    3. may challenge - get outside for a walk. I have to work better at this one!
    4. june challenge - mindful eating
    5. go to the gym
    6. shipping tomorrow - so plan a crockpot dinner
    7. get back on here ... be accountable
    8. come up with a list of my 6 months goals
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I have been unemployed since January. I was working as the night auditor in a hotel and became seriously ill and was hospitalized for almost three weeks and lost my job. This new job would be as an assistant for real estate agents. I spoke to the HR person today and they are proceeding with my background check and told me they would let me know one way or the other early next week.

I just feel like my last job ended in a disaster and I am fearful if I fail at this one for some reason I'll never be employable again. I mean, I shouldn't fail. Dealing with the public and being efficient and friendly and calm is what I love and am good at. So this should be something I can handle, but my work history over the past few years has been spotty as I've been exploring different industries after a long time in the insurance industry and I just really want this to go well.

It sounds to me like you've done all you can. So now it's out of your hands. Just as a reminder (I know you know this) worrying, fretting, fearfulness will not change whether you get the job or not. Nor will it bring you joy (I've never heard someone say, "Worrying brings me such happiness, lol) So, do some things around the house (windex windows, light fixtures, dust the baseboards, clean out underneath the sinks...) to get you distracted, to do something purposeful, and to get you tired out by bed time! You can do this!

Stress, anger, looking for peace and tranquility- clean! That’s my motto, it always makes me feel better. I have to tell this little story, my youngest daughter is just like me cleaning is calming for her. My oldest the Mother of my grands is just the opposite. She feels she’ll “never live up to my standards” (her words not mine) and it causes her great anxiety. When Michaela my granddaughter was just learning to walk she was told no one day. She immediately started rearranging furniture and putting dishes in her little cupboard set. I think she’ll find cleaning very relaxing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Here's my check in:

House chores-not today :(
    Start next report at work (only 2 to go to be caught up!) ✅-almost finished it!
    Get to work on time :(
    30 minutes exercise ✅-crushed it, event tried jogging a little but got a pretty stark reminder I'm still out of shape and felt like I was gonna die.
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise ✅-getting better but still work to do to balance this
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    Finish report at work
    Find something moderately healthy to eat at work dinner (eating out at a restaurant)
    30 minutes exercise
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

I so admire runners, good for you for starting to go for it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Wow -- I just can't keep up with all these posts!!! But I am so happy ..... look at how much we have all become friends ..... always here for each other. Makes my heart smile <3

I had a busy day ... a group of us "friends" from the gym all went out to eat. Its one thing to be friends with people at the gym, but now our friendships have expanded. It was so much fun -- there were 13 of us. Of course, we all look different "dressed up"! LOL . I always wear my hair up, with no makeup on at the gym since I go first thing in the morning. It was nice to get compliments about how pretty I looked ... made me feel so good. And hubby was with me to hear them as well LOL

I am still working on my list of goals for the next 6 months, and while I am doing that, I am starting to realize how very far I have come this year. Even thought the scale is not showing much .... my clothes are looser. I am so much stronger ... and I feel more toned. Last year I hated going to the gym .... this year, I love it and look forward. I am still working on getting in the water, and emotional eating, but, I am getting better. But the main thing ... is that this thread, and all the friends on here, have kept me from giving up.

Today a friend stopped over that had lost 45 pounds last year ... on one of those fad diets (Trim mama diet, or something like that it was called). She has gained all of that back, plus more. So while I have not lost, I have not gained back the 24 pounds I lost last year. So .... that alone is a big thing.

SO, enough gabbing. Onto my goals for tomorrow ( I can't find mine from last nite .... I know they are someone in the 90+ posts!!!)

JFt, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge = 8+ cups of water
    3. may challenge - get outside for a walk. I have to work better at this one!
    4. june challenge - mindful eating
    5. go to the gym
    6. shipping tomorrow - so plan a crockpot dinner
    7. get back on here ... be accountable
    8. come up with a list of my 6 months goals

I was working on my goals today too and realized I have actually incorporated a lot so far this year. I think this is a great exercise we are doing!

I often wonder about the fad diets, I have lost and gained as well, but I know what it takes to lose it and what I wasn't doing when I gained. It did take me almost 6 years to gain the 30 pounds back, so that's something.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday June 27
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/ Probably aout 5 minutes purposely
    Follow up from sales yesterday and maybe go out again - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Work on 6 month goal plan - :)
    Exercise tonight - :| Went and cleaned my car tonight after the kids left, took an hour which would have been my exercise time.

JFT - Thursday June 28
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal

Not eating breakfast today made my day much easier to control the eating. It's weird I didn't feel as hungry as I have been.

Tomorrow I am going to be on the road all day and don't think I'll have time to check in. I feel like a schoolgirl who is going to miss a day with her friends. I'll be missing you all and thinking of you :)

Have a great day everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I actually had a really really good day today! I was able to keep ahold of the anxiety by taking two sips of water for every sip of coffee. Lol. That way I made sure that I was hydrated enough to actually drink it without paying the price. Work was decent. We did a few monthly audits today. We counted all the money in our vault. It's actually not as daunting as it sounds. We only keep about 73K in it and most of that is large bills. If we dont have any interruptions it usually only takes us about 10 minutes and 6 of that is restrapping/stamping/ initialing everything.

I got a break again today! We're actually going to get them for the rest of the week! It's been like 3 weeks since that happened. I went for a walk during mine today. I play a couple of games that involved walking so I got to do that while walking around downtown. The weather was awesome too. We have a storm system coming in( @Snowflake1968 I think it was your system) and the sky definitely looked like. It was also kind of cool and breezy. I think that that is my favorite kind of weather. I know that a lot of people are in pain during that time(which sucks) but I dont have any long-standing issues like so I can fully enjoy it. Lol

I, also, just realized that I updated my goals from yesterday, last night but never made any for today! LOL!

I didnt get much accomplished today anyway. I spent some time with my DH walking up and down my driveway(1/4 mile dirt road). We were just hanging out, laughing and talking. It was nice. Especially since the DH had a rough day at work and it's pretty late. We had fun though. I ended up watching a movie with our HG(house guests) while waiting for him to get home. D and I got into a very loud, good-natured shouting match. Lol. It's so good to have him back in our lives. He's the only one I can do that with and I think it's mainly because of all of our history. Lol. It was fun though.

With the exception of the 2 pieces of pizza at 11 pm, it was a great day! I'm definitely not going to let those two pieces ruin my awesome day. I am going to go to bed a winner because I blew past my step goal. Lol. !2K of 10K. That, and all the fun and good times, make this day a win in my book!

JFT, 6/28/18

1. Pack lunch!
    2. Meal plan/make shopping list
    3. Brainstorm 6-month goals
    4. Audit drawer 402/find out about other audits needed
    5. Find out about K's house/leave early
    6. Spend time with DH
    7. DISHES!!!!
    8. Shower/Teeth/Face
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm glad that everything worked out. Aren't (good) Dad's wonderful? I'm sorry that you want to cry! Is it relief tears? I've had that happen. Take a whooooole bunch of deep breathes. Maybe take a hot bath and go to bed early? Lol.

Not relief tears lol! Wish they were, you know when things just get so stressful that even when they’re sorted out you’ve not let out the emotion from before? It was more like that, still felt sad even though I got it sorted.
  • Bex953172
    Options

My mum and dad go running, over here in some areas there’s a thing called “park run” it’s usually about 2k around a local park and it’s timed so they can see if they’ve done better/worse

My dad is overweight, in fact his BMI is probably obese, he has problems with his knees and is “flat footed”
    My mum on the other hand is slim, kinda toned, weighs less than me (we have the same stats)

Yet, my dad absolutely beasts my mum. Well he does now.
    But at first, he used to be the slowest out of the 25-30 people running. Always last, he didn’t care because even if he had to walk some parts he said “I still finished it” now he’s not last, and can run the majority if not all, and it’s a SLOW run, but he always finishes :)

You’ve not seen dying until you see my dad run lol!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Weds recap!
    - 8+ glasses of water :(
    - Be in the green :(
    - Exercise if I can, not sweaty Betty today though. :(

What a rubbish day, I was on edge til about 7pm, I didn’t want to ring my dad whilst he was in work, at first there wasn’t much he could do and he was going to ring again on Monday. But he rang me back after he spoke to my mum and said he’d found a way to help!
    Up til that point I had done well! I had chips at dinner but after I was still only -86.

But then I binged, badly. Trying to eat back my already worn out emotions.
    And today I feel sick again. So last time I’m going to do that, I hate feeling sick.

I didn’t do any cleaning. Any laundry. I didn’t even bring the clothes in off the line. Fortunately still in a heatwave so it hasn’t rained on them. I just sat and ate and fell asleep on the sofa. My partner woke me at 11 because our daughter had gone to the toilet for a poo (he doesn’t do poos LOL)
    Just went to bed then.

Today I need to get back on it, apart from ringing the landlord to say the payment will be a few days late that’s all I need to do.
    Hopefully he’ll be okay with that.

Today is nursery day, I always have a good day on nursery days because of the walking.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3 bottles water :/ Only two. Got to make more effort with this
    - No alcohol :smile: Even though boyfriend tried to persuade me to have some
    - 30+ mins lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :neutral: Forgot that was going for lunch with colleague and wouldn't be able to do anything then. So 2/4
    - Stop working at 6pm :smile:

Today's commitments:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/
    June 24: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 25: Grumpy, overworked - two gins :/
    June 26: Black mood but reined myself in, had moderate indulgence and then stopped :smile:
    June 27: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol

- 45 mins lunch break
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Stop work at 6pm
    - Focus and be productive (not like yesterday...)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Thursday

- Nursery wall x2* only if it’s not too hot for my daughter to walk home
    - 8+ glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Limit biscuits and treats to balance out yesterday
    - Get the washing away
    - pick up medication from pharmacy

Have a nice day everyone!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Weds recap!
    - 8+ glasses of water :(
    - Be in the green :(
    - Exercise if I can, not sweaty Betty today though. :(

What a rubbish day, I was on edge til about 7pm, I didn’t want to ring my dad whilst he was in work, at first there wasn’t much he could do and he was going to ring again on Monday. But he rang me back after he spoke to my mum and said he’d found a way to help!
    Up til that point I had done well! I had chips at dinner but after I was still only -86.

But then I binged, badly. Trying to eat back my already worn out emotions.
    And today I feel sick again. So last time I’m going to do that, I hate feeling sick.

I didn’t do any cleaning. Any laundry. I didn’t even bring the clothes in off the line. Fortunately still in a heatwave so it hasn’t rained on them. I just sat and ate and fell asleep on the sofa. My partner woke me at 11 because our daughter had gone to the toilet for a poo (he doesn’t do poos LOL)
    Just went to bed then.

Today I need to get back on it, apart from ringing the landlord to say the payment will be a few days late that’s all I need to do.
    Hopefully he’ll be okay with that.

Today is nursery day, I always have a good day on nursery days because of the walking.

That must be hard to deal with, in fact I know its hard to deal with because my husband and I are desperately broke. Honestly I eat my emotions a lot when it comes to facing our finances. I cry in private tears of being overwhelmed too.

You're so lucky to have your dad and mom's support. Today is a new day, you can recommit to your JFT goals and talk to us about it. I also cant help but remind you that we just had babies 4 months ago! Please be kind to yourself mama and take care of yourself. Sending lots of love!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3 bottles water :/ Only two. Got to make more effort with this
    - No alcohol :smile: Even though boyfriend tried to persuade me to have some
    - 30+ mins lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :neutral: Forgot that was going for lunch with colleague and wouldn't be able to do anything then. So 2/4
    - Stop working at 6pm :smile:

Today's commitments:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/
    June 24: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 25: Grumpy, overworked - two gins :/
    June 26: Black mood but reined myself in, had moderate indulgence and then stopped :smile:
    June 27: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol

- 45 mins lunch break
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Stop work at 6pm
    - Focus and be productive (not like yesterday...)

You do so good at not emotional eating! How do you do it, do you have a tip or advice on how to control emotional eating?

By the way, good luck on your race with a coworker! It sounds like fun!!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    I actually had a really really good day today! I was able to keep ahold of the anxiety by taking two sips of water for every sip of coffee. Lol. That way I made sure that I was hydrated enough to actually drink it without paying the price. Work was decent. We did a few monthly audits today. We counted all the money in our vault. It's actually not as daunting as it sounds. We only keep about 73K in it and most of that is large bills. If we dont have any interruptions it usually only takes us about 10 minutes and 6 of that is restrapping/stamping/ initialing everything.

I got a break again today! We're actually going to get them for the rest of the week! It's been like 3 weeks since that happened. I went for a walk during mine today. I play a couple of games that involved walking so I got to do that while walking around downtown. The weather was awesome too. We have a storm system coming in( @Snowflake1968 I think it was your system) and the sky definitely looked like. It was also kind of cool and breezy. I think that that is my favorite kind of weather. I know that a lot of people are in pain during that time(which sucks) but I dont have any long-standing issues like so I can fully enjoy it. Lol

I, also, just realized that I updated my goals from yesterday, last night but never made any for today! LOL!

I didnt get much accomplished today anyway. I spent some time with my DH walking up and down my driveway(1/4 mile dirt road). We were just hanging out, laughing and talking. It was nice. Especially since the DH had a rough day at work and it's pretty late. We had fun though. I ended up watching a movie with our HG(house guests) while waiting for him to get home. D and I got into a very loud, good-natured shouting match. Lol. It's so good to have him back in our lives. He's the only one I can do that with and I think it's mainly because of all of our history. Lol. It was fun though.

With the exception of the 2 pieces of pizza at 11 pm, it was a great day! I'm definitely not going to let those two pieces ruin my awesome day. I am going to go to bed a winner because I blew past my step goal. Lol. !2K of 10K. That, and all the fun and good times, make this day a win in my book!

JFT, 6/28/18

1. Pack lunch!
    2. Meal plan/make shopping list
    3. Brainstorm 6-month goals
    4. Audit drawer 402/find out about other audits needed
    5. Find out about K's house/leave early
    6. Spend time with DH
    7. DISHES!!!!
    8. Shower/Teeth/Face

That sounds like a good day! I admire your JFT goals <3