JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    It's so quiet on here today. I miss everybody!

So do I! Wish Mary could find us again! She was brill lol!
    Also hope @PackerFanInGB is okay too x

@Bex953172 ... You all got your wish...still trying to work out the kinks the tech team says...oh my it's good to chat with you all again.💜💜💜💜💜💜

Yayyy it's like you heard us calling to you!
    Welcome back! How've you been!

@Bex953172 ... Hi! Good Morning Beautiful!💖💖💖👏👏 Today is bittersweet. The sweetness is in getting another chance to share love with you and others on here again. The joy of being alive to see what this new day holds... My heart is overwhelmed within me. It's funny how we've never laid eyes on each other, but the care is as if we're one person, but many. The genuineness of this Sisterhood makes me feel there's nothing we can't conquer, or overcome. I appreciate The Welcome🌹
    The bitter: Coming back and finding some of you hurting inside as much as I am at the moment. My brother did pass away yesterday afternoon between 3-4p.m.
    No, no, don't pity or feel sorry. He's so much better now. He had accepted JESUS Christ as his personal Savior. He lived, laughed; Boy! Could he laugh and he loved his family..❤❤❤❤
    Ok! Enough of that!!! We have more to do... 🙌😅 WHOOO YAH!!! LET'S GET AFTER IT!!! I'M BACK BABY!!!!

I love your outlook and positivity even when facing death! I wouldlove to be like that lol
    But I am sorry hepassed, it still must be hard!

I love how you refer to us as a sisterhood lol! I totally agree!
  • Bex953172
    @Faebert since I last replied 5 mins ago, Saskia slapped Marley round the face :open_mouth:

Instant time out! So sibling fights are in full swing
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all it really is quiet at the moment isn’t it? Hope everyone is ok.

Yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Felt a bit down after doing lots of research about my sister’s condition, her surgery, the surgery that I will also be going for further down the line. It sounds so silly but I know I will really struggle with not being able to exercise for so long - apparently you can’t do upper body weight work for months. Exercise has become such an important part of my life now, hard to imagine how I will feel without it. But I know that my long term health is more important and even if it takes years to regain strength, I will be able to get there in the end. Just need to keep some perspective on this.

Today I’m focussed completely on my sister. I’m going with her to an MRI where they will double check the cancer has not spread anywhere else. Once that is done she can go ahead with surgery and there will be no need for any further treatment like chemo. I’m praying this is all ok today.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ❎ water and planning a downfall again. But did ok on the rest!
    - Hot yoga ❎ I’m not sure about renewing my annual membership as I won’t be able to do this once I have surgery. I am emailing the studio owner for advice about whether I can freeze membership when the time comes or if I have to go for the more expensive rolling monthly contract for now
    - Call someone re fixing dishwasher ✅
    - Go into school to sort classroom? Possibly... ❎
    - Early night ✅

Not setting any goals for today. I am up early and will workout then run a few errands before I head over to my sister’s place. The rest of the day will just depend on how things all go.

Have a great day all x

Thinking of your sister and you today.
  • Snowflake1968
    HI LADIES!!! OMG!!! I MISS YOU ALL SOOOOOOOO MUCH, I'M TOTALLY CRYING MY EYES OUT WHILE TYPING THIS... SOMEBODY TALK TO ME...WE NEED TO CONNECT ON FACEBOOK FOR SURE...THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW😅😅😅😅😅😅😅💖

Good morning, you made it back to us!
  • Snowflake1968
    I'm SO tired. I'm dragging through everything. AM run took a full 40 minutes, and it took me so long to shower/dress/prep/pack lunch that I very nearly made us late. I am definitely looking forward to it getting not quite so hot so that I could do my running in the evenings. It's still getting above 90 for the highs, and it doesn't get below 85 until well after dark.

We are in what feels like the middle of September here already. I just hope we have a nicer September than we did August. We could trade weather for a bit?
  • Snowflake1968
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Tuesday JFT --
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. do Walk at Home video for 10 min ✅
    4. do second WAH video for 10 min :(
    5. Take out garbage for pickup ✅
    6. At very least, get a start on kitchen cleanup ✅
    7. Find stock bill and pay :(

Wednesday JFT --
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Do Walk at Home video for 10 min
    4. Do second WAH video for 10 min
    5. Continue with kitchen cleanup
    6. MUST --- find stock bill and pay
    7. Go to Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market today! Yea! Let's see: waxed beans, cabbage, sweet candy onions, cukes, radishes, garlic, microgreens, tomatoes, and lettuce. I think I'll stick with berries today: blueberries and raspberries. Apples are just starting to come in so maybe a few of those. I need a new jar of honey. I'm hoping the fish guy is there. Most people go for the fresh caught salmon ... I want perch. OK ... that's a plan!!

Had an amazing thought yesterday. About 6 weeks ago I started hitting the Farmer's Market on both Wed and Sat and eating a LOT of fresh fruit and veggies. I stopped eating sweets and crunchy junkfood. What I realized yesterday is that I haven't had any chocolate, sweets, or salty/crunchy cravings in 2-3 weeks ... not even cravings in the evenings. That is absolutely amazing. I hope it continues because it's sure made it easier to stay on plan.

Hope Y'all have a successful day. :)

That's awesome, it's funny what your taste buds get used to in a short time.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Tuesday August 28
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 221
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) I wanted another one so much because I had my first one early, but I resisted. My belly was even rumbling that I was a bit hungry when I went to bed.
    Walk if weather permits - :):):) Oh it was so nice to get out there and do it1
    Write in Journal - :)
    Yoga or Pilates - :(
    Craftroom - :( I looked in and thought about it after my walk, but I decided to take a bath and pamper myself a bit instead. It's a long weekend so I should be able to get in there and get at it.

JFT - Wednesday August 29
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk if weather permits - It doesn't look promising
    Write in Journal
    Yoga or Pilates

I am still at home this morning, we bought a new BBQ on clearance a couple of weeks ago and I posted the old one for free. Someone is supposed to pick it up this morning. I put it in the front yard and was going to leave it, but my husband doesn't want me to do that. "I don't trust people". I guess I understand it, but I don't think the people will come in and take my whole backyard. I had also posted about 20 Uhaul moving boxes a couple weeks ago and they finally went last night!

I registered for my 2nd craft fair of the season yesterday. I have one now in October and one in November. I will probably do a few more small ones that run on a Saturday only. I don't want Lauryn to miss too much work because I'm not able to watch the kids. Hubby and I have to get to work and get some items made. I also want to come up with a new display this year. Last year was our first year doing it and we came up with some spur of the moment ideas.

I am going to go out and sell again today, Jasmyne is slowing down her process a bit so I won't be joining her full time in October. I need a job, so better do what I can to keep this one going. I have asked for tomorrow off, Kaitlyn needs a model for her perm day exam. I haven't had a perm in probably 25 years! She has promised me that she will use a mild solution that will wash out in a month or so, that the curls will only accentuate the curls I already have and I won't lose length. She said everyone is bringing their granny's but she doesn't have any here so I am going to be her hip, young granny!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    So quiet today! Come back everyone!
    I just finished reading Portia de Rossi's memoir, really fascinating. She struggled severely with eating disorders. At one point she was only allowing herself 300 calories per day, and at the scariest she got down to 82 pounds for a fairly tall woman. It was a real eye-opener. It made me look at some my own thoughts and habits around healthy eating. While I certainly do not struggle with disordered eating, I do put a lot of pressure on the number on the scale and the image in the mirror. It made me recognize I need to shift my focus a bit on the end goal and the aspects of healthy living I appreciate. I also liked her realization that no foods are bad foods, there are only bad lifestyle habits. It's much more about the big picture and sustainable changes than one "good" meal or one "bad" piece of food. I recommend!

For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅ totally "tricked" myself by saying I would start with 15 and see how I felt :)
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Figure out how to order a PSL that's a bit leaner
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Your post reminded me of this...which I am working on too! Thanks for the rec and reminder! :)

w2jjm0lvvx4e.png
  • AJB1014
    @Faebert - Thinking of you and your sister today! She is lucky to have you and you her!

@maryrobinson40 Welcome back!!!! Missed you!

@slittlemeister hope you feel better soon!

@cesse47 - sounds like you have an awesome farmers market! Fresh caught fish?! Yum!!!
  • AJB1014
    JFT Tuesday recap
    1. Be kind >:) Ugh let myself get too hungry and turned into a brat
    2. Lots of water >:) no amount of water was enough in the heat
    3. 10 Squats/bathroom trip >:) Fail. I did move lots of boxes though...
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Meds AM and PM :)
    6. Fish Oil! After dinner, TAKE IT. >:) Routine is rough right now
    7. Call USPS again >:)
    8. Pick up half and half at farm :) / >:) Picked it up and then left it in the hot car to spoil
    9. Grab rolls for dinner :)
    10. Finish 1085 >:) This job is a beast.

Hahaha oh dear what a day. Moving on!!!

JFT Wednesday
    1. Eat lunch packed
    2. Lots of water
    3. Log all food
    4. Be kind
    5. Unpack some boxes
    6. Meds AM and PM
    7. Cook dinner at home
  • AJB1014
    edited August 2018
    JFT - Tuesday August 28
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) I wanted another one so much because I had my first one early, but I resisted. My belly was even rumbling that I was a bit hungry when I went to bed.
    Craftroom - :( I looked in and thought about it after my walk, but I decided to take a bath and pamper myself a bit instead. It's a long weekend so I should be able to get in there and get at it.

2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Yoga or Pilates

I am still at home this morning, we bought a new BBQ on clearance a couple of weeks ago and I posted the old one for free. Someone is supposed to pick it up this morning. I put it in the front yard and was going to leave it, but my husband doesn't want me to do that. "I don't trust people". I guess I understand it, but I don't think the people will come in and take my whole backyard. I had also posted about 20 Uhaul moving boxes a couple weeks ago and they finally went last night!

I registered for my 2nd craft fair of the season yesterday. I have one now in October and one in November. I will probably do a few more small ones that run on a Saturday only. I don't want Lauryn to miss too much work because I'm not able to watch the kids. Hubby and I have to get to work and get some items made. I also want to come up with a new display this year. Last year was our first year doing it and we came up with some spur of the moment ideas.

I am going to go out and sell again today, Jasmyne is slowing down her process a bit so I won't be joining her full time in October. I need a job, so better do what I can to keep this one going. I have asked for tomorrow off, Kaitlyn needs a model for her perm day exam. I haven't had a perm in probably 25 years! She has promised me that she will use a mild solution that will wash out in a month or so, that the curls will only accentuate the curls I already have and I won't lose length. She said everyone is bringing their granny's but she doesn't have any here so I am going to be her hip, young granny!

I wanted to sell some things online, but I deleted facebook and my DH "doesnt trust people" either - so I ended up donating a lot to Savers. I was a bit regretful cause I had a few things that still had tags on it etc. but it was a lesson in not collecting so much stuff I don't need and I hope someone who needs it more gets to use it! Glad you had success in passing some things on! So exciting about the perm! I've always wanted to try one! Have fun!
  • Snowflake1968
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT - Tuesday August 28

2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Yoga or Pilates

I wanted to sell some things online, but I deleted facebook and my DH "doesnt trust people" either - so I ended up donating a lot to Savers. I was a bit regretful cause I had a few things that still had tags on it etc. but it was a lesson in not collecting so much stuff I don't need and I hope someone who needs it more gets to use it! Glad you had success in passing some things on! So exciting about the perm! I've always wanted to try one! Have fun!

LOL I am either a big fan of selling online or it's biggest critic, it all depends on my mood. I had great success when we moved and downsized, but the frustration of people not showing up got to me towards the end and I ended up driving three car loads of stuff to the thrift stores. Now I post things as I no longer need them and if they don't go in a couple weeks I take it to the thrift store. I really need to go through some more boxes of stuff but they are "treasured memories" and when I think of getting rid of them I remember who gave them to me, the feeling, etc. On the other hand I think what will my girls do with these when I am done so why am I holding them. It's an internal battle I have all the time!
  • AJB1014
    JFT - Tuesday August 28

2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Yoga or Pilates

LOL I am either a big fan of selling online or it's biggest critic, it all depends on my mood. I had great success when we moved and downsized, but the frustration of people not showing up got to me towards the end and I ended up driving three car loads of stuff to the thrift stores. Now I post things as I no longer need them and if they don't go in a couple weeks I take it to the thrift store. I really need to go through some more boxes of stuff but they are "treasured memories" and when I think of getting rid of them I remember who gave them to me, the feeling, etc. On the other hand I think what will my girls do with these when I am done so why am I holding them. It's an internal battle I have all the time!

It was SO hard throwing away some knick knacks. Unreasonably hard. I kept having to tell myself, you're not throwing away the memory!!! I like the tip about posting as you don't need things - I let it all pile up and got overwhelmed.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Tuesday August 28

2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Yoga or Pilates

It was SO hard throwing away some knick knacks. Unreasonably hard. I kept having to tell myself, you're not throwing away the memory!!! I like the tip about posting as you don't need things - I let it all pile up and got overwhelmed.

My biggest lesson in knick knacks was when my brother and I cleaned my Mom's house out. I realized how many $1000's of dollars we were throwing out on stuff that she never treasured or truly cared about, it was just stuff we had bought her over the years to say we bought something. It truly has changed my mind set. Then when we were downsizing in 2016, just one year later, I realized how many 10's of 1000's I was giving away or selling for next to nothing of Partylite, Princess House, "name the direct marketing company".... I really think so much more now about what I buy not only for myself but for others. If it's not useful I don't buy it.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @Faebert since I last replied 5 mins ago, Saskia slapped Marley round the face :open_mouth:

Oh no! Are they due back to school/nursery soon? Mine have been getting increasingly ratty with each other. We’ve all had enough.

Hang in there! Have a cup of tea and a breather when you can x
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,599 Member
    Recap T 8/28 ~ Break in thunderstorms this morning, still very humid & another 1" in rain gauge. We ended up with 4.5" in rain gauge! Severe storms rolled through area mid-afternoon, and power flickered off then back on. Had to manually reboot computer at work and reset digital clocks at home. Not as bad as my hometown 90 miles away, where my parents & 3 brothers still live. High winds, maybe a tornado, and youngest brother had a few trees damaged / down. Whole town lost power for hours & mayor declared city-wide curfew. They made the best of it: oldest brother lent his generator to youngest to pump rain out of basement, then went to his in-laws with bottle of wine & pizza to watch baseball game, and middle brother used his generator at home & neighbors then sat on porch with bar & lantern. :D
    1) Walked dog before work & saw 1 bunny / 3.62 mi 1:03:16 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,947 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 68 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water = Stuck w/ plan & no evening snacking! Net calories & sodium green (yay), sugar -36 (mostly fruit & veggies, popeye bread, also last piece of chocolate zucchini cake), fiber good, protein low (ack), 14c water. :smiley:
    4) Email BFF re tokens for Th :smile: we'll buy tokens at event / checkbook for Book Man order :D forgot but brought to work W / register for Jingle Bell 5K before rate increase :/ will do W / evening to-do's = washed dishes, searched computer passwords, folded hubby's work shirts, cleared DVR :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :s nope, tracking storms & family updates / floss :s / retainers :s / bed & TV off 10:15 :s (walk dob before work W)

JFT W 8/29
    1) Walked dog before work in light mist / 3.66 mi 1:02:08 / stretched (little) = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) To-do's: register for Jingle Bell 5K (rates go up Sat.) / review Frontier catalog (orders due Th) / pay Book Man for order / call mom & dad / sort laundry for Th a.m. / put up clothes line / wash towels / drain rain barrel / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / BED & TV OFF 10:15 (laundry & walk dog before work Th)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate nothing w/ splurge :D
    26. 3 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :p
    27. Popcorn snack after work before supper but nothing after :D
    28. Nothing after supper :star:
  • AJB1014
    Had a great, long post of support for individual JFTers, then clicked the wrong thing and lost it all!

Just know that I think of you everyday, and really look forward to reading everyone's posts. Wishing comfort & hugs to those that need it!

I hate when I do that!!! Right back at you! :)
  • Bex953172
    Faebert wrote: »

Oh no! Are they due back to school/nursery soon? Mine have been getting increasingly ratty with each other. We’ve all had enough.

Hang in there! Have a cup of tea and a breather when you can x

Saskia has her first day of school next Wednesday I think. And marley starts nursery for the first time on the Monday after! Just on Mondays and Tuesdays, it's going to be lovely to have time with just Casey and my OH!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    JFT:
    1. Spend some time on paperwork. (Set timer for 10 minutes, so do that much, at least.)
    2. Move lamp back to bedroom.
    3. Go through one bag from garage.
    Good Morning! And Great Big sloppy hugs for you👏👏👏👏 Applauding anything you accomplish. Moving the lamp...each thing you do is a giant you've slain and gotten VICTORY! over. Kudos on your list, and your efforts! YOU WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!, for every negative that you turn into a positive... the negative thing becomes defeated and you my dear become a powerhouse🌹

Thank you, Mary! I really appreciate the positive thoughts and encouragement. I'm extremely overwhelmed, so I need to set SMALL goals and try to be successful. (I've been planning to move the lamp for a couple of months, but I literally keep forgetting.)

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother! I lost my sister, my only sibling, in 2001. How I wish she were still here!

Take care of yourself, and thanks for encouraging everyone! 💕