JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    It's been an emotional week for me. Having talked to a couple of people it's seems more and more like I had an early term miscarriage. Apparently they are fairly common. I see my doctor on Thursday with Matt so hopefully they can give me a firm answer. Between the heaviness, the terrible pain, the exhaustion and the missed period is been rough. But you know how you just feel like something's wrong? Even without all those symptoms something just felt wrong. I spent a lot is time sleeping this part week.

I have a few things to do today but I honestly don't know if I'll do them. I kind of just want to relax. I went to a BBQ yesterday. I had a great time. I got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while so that was nice.

The new girl starts at the branch on Monday. That makes me super happy. It means we won't have to spend the whole day in the branch open to close any more.

I don't think I'm going to set any goals today other then eating sensibly.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Im so sorry about the miscarriage (if that's what it gets confirmed as) . I do know what you mean by something feeling wrong, sending much love and hugs, if you ever need to talk I'm here.
    Xxxx
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. Scrub gazebo exterior :/
    6. Pick up weed piles :)
    7. Make a game plan for Saturday with DH so I know what to expect :)
    8. Pick up more fogger solution :)
    9. Deposit check >:)

Missed yesterday but quick check in
    1. Lots of water
    2. Eat food
    3. Be kind
    4. Shower and dry hair before bed
    5. Log yesterdays food and today
    6. Unload truck of furniture, reload contractor bags
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Home from the party-I tried to eat only a little but 2000+ calories and that is just what I can recall! The baked beans were so good! Banana pudding was superb. And my fruit dip was excellent and I have more in frig. On the bright side, I was not late for church, I found a person to take me to surgery and then stay and bring me home, and I did no yard work.
    Tomorrow, work very hard in Y water class to make up for today; totally be low in calories and don't even breathe sodium, drink more than ever because I am so thirsty from today, be on time for dr appt. Take shot. Pick up meds for surgery. Should have done that today but I forgot. I will put a sign on door near car and that will help. Taking 4 cups ice water to bed and drinking the evening away (we did karaoke).
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,599 Member
    Recap Sat. 8/25
    1) Farmers market (not so early but not so crowded late in summer) :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 4.12 mi 1:11:52 / very humid (ick) = happy dog :smiley: & drippy me :sweat_smile:
    3) Artstreet with hubby <3, bumped into friends & bought book from their publishing company & met the authors, who signed my book, bought 3 pairs very cool earrings: one made from Lake Superior sea glass (broken bottles shined by water action), one a combo of bits of antique jewelry and new setting, one organic, made from palm ivory (a sustainable replacement for elephant ivory). Fun afternoon & good steps. :smiley: Fitbit 15,651 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 & 42 floors :smiley:
    4) Low on water today so far / > 12c water = Terrible for me 6c :s
    5) Meals & snacks logged / net calories green = Net calories & sodium green (wow), sugar -36 (fruit, yogurt, smoothie), fiber good, protein low-ish :smiley:

JFT Sun. 8/26 ~ finally a chance to get on computer...
    1) church ~ woke up early, so went to 7:45am service & surprised a few people :D
    2) walked dog & saw lots of geese & 4 cranes in field by road / 4.53 mi 1:18:09 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    3) finally got hubby to try on clothes for middle brother's wedding on Sat. & we decided on our "outfits" ~ only have to put stuff in laundry & not go shopping so hubby pleased :D
    4) washed dishes / grocery shopping / meal planning / brewed tea = :smiley:
    5) meals & snacks logged / stuffed peppers cooking for supper / no evening snacking / net calories green / > 12c water
    6) unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (probably rest day M)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate none w/ splurge :D
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    So today actually got a whole lot better! Matt's manager cut his hours today by two but didnt tell him so he got there 2 hours early and flipped his lid. After a lot of back and forth, I finally told him to just leave his shift and come home. I was not in a good headspace at all. I spent about a half an hour sitting on my couch with Panda in my lap just staring at a black tv screen feeling completely numb. It was pretty scary. I was so lost in my own head that I couldn't move at all. I managed to pull myself off of the couch and go up to my parent's house to do some laundry. I talked to my dad for a while and threw some clothes in the wash. I went back home and paid some bills.

The DH and I have pretty much come to the decision that he is going to put his two weeks in on Tuesday. We have some money put aside that we can live off of while he looks for something new. He has his heart set on doing something with hockey or baseball. We have a minor league MLB team about 5 miles away and we know someone who works for the FCA(Fellowship of Christian Athletes) that Matt might be interested in talking to. I think it's time for this to happen. Something needs to change. Matt's job has been treating him like absolute *kitten*. It's time for him to move on. I've told him flat out that I want him to leave. That it's been affecting him in a really bad way and that has been affecting me. So send some prayers for a quick turn around job wise. The one thing that worries us is that we won't have health insurance anymore. We are going to try and apply for state aid. I can get it through my job but it is insanely expensive. Like costs about half of my monthly pay. And apparently, it's not very good either. I'm going to do some research.

He came home and we ended up going to a new discount store that opened around the corner. It was a total mob! I mean TOTAL mob. Like NO personal space at all. But it was worth it. There was a lot of brand name stuff that we could use at the house. I think next Friday night we are going to go and really scope it out.

But just being with him and going out and doing something. Tinkering and building the things we bought. It all changed my mindset around. I am much more at peace then I was early this afternoon. I actually feel good and hopeful.
  • HEGoddard0928
    However, I did eat like crap today. We ended up ordering takeout. We got Cluck U which is really tasty! We haven't had it in like 8 months or something. But I am definitely bloated and actually really dehydrated. I think all the sodium dried me out. Lol. So for the rest of the night it's going to be water focused.
  • Bex953172
    @HEGoddard0928 I feel for you so much. Just take each day as you need to and try keep busy

Wish I could give you a hug irl!
  • HEGoddard0928
    @Bex953172 Thank you love! I could use the hug. You have been a great friend. I will definitely be hitting you up when we do get pregnant! I'll need all the advice I can get! Lol. I have been keeping busy although the night is winding down so there isn't as much to do.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs!
    3. Submit Week 5. Create character designs? Request K's help. Print PRs and hand out at end of class.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work.
    6. Meeting after school. Steps to 10k. Mark and enter narratives. Discussion post. Blog post: student surveys?
    7. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 189.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 22 laps; aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Get copies of parallel texts. Shorten study guide questions. PRINT. Check in with L.
    3. Top 10 villains list; finish reading summary. Create character designs? Present reflections.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. Finish Week 5.
    6. BANK. Groceries. Essay. QUIZ.
    7. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Pack lunch/dinner. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Park ONLY TIL 3. Change for awards ceremony.
    3. Work on seminar proposal.
    4. Finish Week 5. Laundry.
    6. FINISH ESSAY AND SUBMIT. Minimal snacking at awards ceremony!
    7. Prep Sun lunch. Chop celery. Meds.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 189.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.

Holy €rap, someone's busy!

You should see my things-I'd-like-to-do-when-everything-gets-done list ;)
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Quick one today. Most of today was spent driving home through storms, add on all the home reno stuff I helped my uncle with and I am officially BEAT. Putting myself to bed early 👋🏼

For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • blueidjeni
    blueidjeni Posts: 1 Member
    150084416.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all

Hugs @HEGoddard0928 - it’s not surprising that you feel emotional. Trying to conceive can be such an emotional rollercoaster as hormones can really mess with you. Sounds like you and Matt are really supportive of each other though so have faith that you will get through this together and stronger.

@snowflake1968 - sounds like you had a great day. And sometimes that is way more important than hitting goals. Life is to be lived! And there’s always a new day for goals.

I managed to workout both days this weekend and got lots of naps! Ate like an absolute disaster but it wasn’t emotional eating l so much as just greed! Feel pretty rubbish this morning though.

The problem is that my boyfriend thinks I’m too skinny at the moment. He rolls his eyes if I try and choose anything ‘healthy’ and he doesn’t really like a lot of the foods I normally eat. And I understand what he is saying but it’s not just about the weight. A whole weekend of treats just leaves me feeling bloated and so uncomfortable so it’s not even enjoyable. Today is a public holiday in England so he’s not at work. Not sure whether I will stay for the day today as well but if I do I’m definitely going to try and eat healthier - even if he doesn’t approve.

Monday goals
    - Walk off this bloated feeling
    - No more sugar
    - Water to flush out system
    - Head home and make cake for M bday
    - Early night
  • Bex953172
    Okay so this is OT but does anyone know how to handle the war between siblings?
    The 4 yo knows how to share, the 2 year old doesn't and screams MINE.
    They're fighting over a babypram (actually a walker for Casey when she's older) and a baby, which IS actually Marleys she got it on her birthday.

I don't know what to do LOL
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap Sun. 8/26 ~
    1) church ~ woke up early, so went to 7:45am service & surprised a few people :D
    2) walked dog & saw lots of geese & 4 cranes in field by road / 4.53 mi 1:18:09 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    3) finally got hubby to try on clothes for middle brother's wedding on Sat. & we decided on our "outfits" ~ only have to put stuff in laundry & not go shopping so hubby pleased :D
    4) washed dishes / grocery shopping / meal planning / brewed tea = :smiley:
    5) meals & snacks logged / stuffed peppers cooking for supper / no evening snacking / net calories green / > 12c water = net calories green (barely), sodium -747, sugar green (wow), fiber good, protein low, 12c water :smiley:
    6) unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:30 :smiley: (probably rest day M)

JFT M 8/27 ~ rainy night/morning & very humid/warm = rest day & sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water
    3) Evening to-do's
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work T)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate nothing w/ splurge :D
    26. 3 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :p
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so this is OT but does anyone know how to handle the war between siblings?
    The 4 yo knows how to share, the 2 year old doesn't and screams MINE.
    They're fighting over a babypram (actually a walker for Casey when she's older) and a baby, which IS actually Marleys she got it on her birthday.

I don't know what to do LOL[/quote

Marley is just learning that things belong to people and hasn't learned that its not all hers. Michaela is having this battle with Jonah right now and he's almost 7. She has gotten better over the last month or so. We tell her no if Jonah is playing with something and she wants it and offer her an alternative. We don't make him give it to her. She of course, throws a fit until we find the right alternative and she sometimes ends up in timeout.
    My girls were the same age difference as yours and I remember it being tougher. I remember though not making the oldest one give into the youngest one because that's not fair to the oldest. I thought the sibling rivalry ended when they moved out, however I know there are things I do that the other is sometimes jealous of LOL

Be tough and consistent with Marley she will learn to share too.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Recap
    1. Lots of water :| room for improvement
    2. Eat food :)
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Shower and dry hair before bed :)
    5. Log yesterdays food and today :)
    6. Unload truck of furniture, reload contractor bags :)

@HEGoddard0928 - Many many hugs to you - I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Sounds like you and DH are an amazing support system for each other.

JFT Monday
    1. Dont take peoples crap so personally
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Dog walk at lunch
    4. Log all food
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Get medicine measuring cup and start taking fish oil again!
    7. Call USPS
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    JFT- Sunday August 26 - >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

I'm not even going to look at it all individually it was just one big fail yesterday! I am moving on!

JFT- Monday August 27
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom - if it's nice go for walk outside instead
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

I took the Grands to some yard sales yesterday its one of our favourite hobbies. Jonah only bought one thing, a science weather experiment set. Michaela bought a My Little Pony, Barbies w/clothes, a purse, a headband and a necklace. She only spent the same amount as him. I bought her 11 items of clothing though. All brand name stuff, which we never get, for 7.00! She grows so fast that Lauryn and Ryan have a hard time keeping her in clothes. These were all Fall and Winter clothes so that will help them out.

When we came home Lauryn came home from work with an upset stomach and Jonah was complaining too. I hope I don't get their bug.

I need to start taking this weight loss seriously again. I do OK, lose a couple pounds and then relax for 2-3 weeks. need to stay on task more consistently. This is going to get harder for me soon because I'm not so sure how to eat healthier in the Winter. I have to really put some thought into this.

I'm off to go see Jasmyne, she had an overwhelming day on Friday and is changing some plans. I'm not sure what this means for me.

• cschmitz110515
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    1. Dont take peoples crap so personally

Love this! I need to borrow :wink: