JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Yard sales! Love 'em, but not going because I need to get rid of all my junk.
    Sighed to read of doctor woes here and there. Two appointments this week coming up.
    Was going to try that keto diet but after looking here and there, guess not. Just looks too tight on carbs. I am more of a South Beacher but truth is need to keep mouth closed mostly.
    So today have quit Keto with a big old piece of chicken. I also had fruit and then drank son's pop. Son is outside howling like a wolf so will have to go reign him in. Went to store and bought him a new keyboard and it works great.
    Party tomorrow and it is on my mind. Will get up early to cut melons and clean strawberries. Not making the dip that goes with it just because I would have to eat it and lick bowl.
    Okay, holding the line rest of day on calories. Probably not going to exercise or MOW but I will check Y schedule.
    Tomorrow, I will think about every calorie when at party. I can fast through breakfast and drink muchly to get pills down. I will think of some drink I can take that is primarily water. I will be on-time for church but not go to cemetery as we went earlier this week. Husband not there but we left a butterfly on grave. Son is still howling so off to rescue the neighbors from the beasts.

I’m trying to get rid of junk too, I’m looking for stuff for my daughters wedding. So I get to have fun and store stuff somewhere else!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,599 Member
    Recap F 8/24 ~ rain held off in a.m.
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.83 mi 1:07:31 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work & home = Fitbit 14,271 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 26 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals/snacks prelogged / staff luncheon & I prelogged my order / stick w/ plan / net calories green = Stuck w/ lunch plan except ate both chocolate chip cookies ~ oops. :/ Stuck w/ supper plan. Then snack attack of veggie straws! >:) ACK! Net calories (before veggie straws ~ couldn't get myself to log them) -240 and I'll skip the rest. :( 13c water :smiley:
    4) Household chores (home from work early after staff meeting) = Boiled hummingbird syrup & refilled feeder, balanced bank books, paid cellphone bill, finally made bank transfer. :smiley: That was enough, it was Friday.
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :( (farmers market before 8am, walk dog & Artstreet)

JFT Sat. 8/25
    1) Farmers market (not so early but not so crowded late in summer) :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 4.12 mi 1:11:52 / very humid (ick) = happy dog :smiley: & drippy me :sweat:
    3) Artstreet with hubby <3, bumped into friends & bought book from their publishing company & met the authors, who signed my book, bought 3 pairs very cool earrings: one made from Lake Superior sea glass (broken bottles shined by water action), one a combo of bits of antique jewelry and new setting, one organic, made from palm ivory (a sustainable replacement for elephant ivory). Fun afternoon & good steps. :smiley:
    4) Low on water today so far / > 12c water
    5) Meals & snacks logged / net calories green

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Quick one today. Lots of exercise helping move/clean/paint! Great dinner with family :)

For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅ ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    😀😁😆😊 It rained here today!!!! Hopefully that will continue to help with the fallout around here! Yay!

JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Shopping for store
    4. Groceries
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Saturday

Get off the bus 1 stop earlier after work and walk a bit more
    Write a shopping list for the wife so she can get groceries while I'm at work
    Not get freaked out by the number on the scales when I do my weekly weigh in (I nearly did though.... i need to remember that it isn't always about a big loss, but change of behaviour...or something!
    Write a gratitude list
    Track food 100%

All done for the day! Thank goodness! I am so sore after work, it's really hard to stay motivated but the extra bit of a walk really made me feel like I achieved something today!

Sunday

• Prep some veggies for a snack at work
    • Drink an extra glass of water at work (so 4 ventis instead of 3)
    • Meditate at least once
    • Use the stairs rather than the elevator
    • Track food 100%
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Friday checklist --
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Do at least one more go at walking video .. try to hit 10 minutes
    4. Get Hair cut ✅
    5. Get cash for Farmer's Market tomorrow ✅

Well, definitely not a blazing success. But, I did log all food and stayed just under goal ... so that's good. My sister's in from out of state and we're spending the day together -- first stop is the Farmer's Market. I know with her I'll get in a LOT of walking today. Need to be especially careful with food today since we'll be eating two meals out in restaurants ... and she is not a good influence.

Saturday JFT --
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Walk, walk, walk
    4. Clean out car ✅
    5. Buy fruits & veggies at Farmer's Market
    6. Be extra vigilant with food choices today
    7. Spend day with Sis ... have fun!!

Can someone tell me how to make the ✅ ... please?

Have a successful day Y'all :smiley:

@cesse47 Re the bolded - don’t know about everyone else but I type my posts in my notes on my iphone first and then copy and paste into posts here (means I can go back to them easily and update goals then copy back on to here at the end of each day or start of the next). When I type ‘done’ in my phone it gives me the green ✅ option. But if you type ‘tick’ on a post here on an iPhone it also offers you the ✅

Hope that helps!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @cschmitz110515 - great loss for the week - yay!

@bcTRAI nice to see you back - 👋

Had an ok day yesterday. Got in a good workout in the morning and made a nice dinner for the boyfriend. Fell asleep on his sofa last night. I think all of the emotion of the last week or so has hit me hard and I’m now shattered.

Going to workout here this morning while he sleeps and then hopefully stick to the rest of my weekend goals of eating mindfully and getting some rest where possible too. Not at home so no laundry or housework at least! 😃

Have a lovely Sunday all. X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green❎
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it✔️
    - Read for a bit. ✔️

Challenges
    Apr: Water✔️
    May: 15min Outside✔️
    Jun: Mindful/Emotional Eating✔️
    Jul: Pre-logging❎
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm❎

It was "takeaway" Saturday yesterday. And we had curry, my partner always cooks it. It was chicken tikka masala. It was really nice, when I was eating it though I said to my partner "it's a bit hot this for a masala" he then starts laughing his head off because he's only gone and put Naga Chilli paste in!
    For reference: Tabasco is 30,000 on the Scoville scale, the Habanero is 100,000, the Naga is 580,000! Hot hot hot. 💥

Sunday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it
    - Read

Challenges
    Apr: Water
    May: 15min Outside
    Jun: Mindful/Emotional Eating
    Jul: Pre-logging
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @Faebert -- thanks for info on check mark. I'm on a computer not iphone so the tick option is not offered to me. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just use copy/paste.

Saturday JFT --
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. Walk, walk, walk ✅
    4. Clean out car ✅
    5. Buy fruits & veggies at Farmer's Market ✅
    6. Be extra vigilant with food choices today ✅
    7. Spend day with Sis ... have fun!! ✅

Had a great time Saturday with Sis. Went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and Bob Evans for supper. I think I made good food choices and did not overeat. We walked the Market and our Downtown area, then later the Mall. We were able to spend almost 14 hours together and talked a lot. It was a great day. :smiley:

Sunday JFT --
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Walk at Home video; target 10 minutes
    4. Find and pay stock bill
    5. Begin kitchen deep clean
    6. Declutter buffet
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Saturday August 25
    2L of Water -😕
    Calories in Green by 150- 😕
    Outside 15 Minutes- 🙂
    Only 1 Evening Snack😕
    Walk😕
    Yoga or Pilates😕
    Write in Journal😕
    Start Craftroom🤔
    Mail card to Wyatt😕
    Mail insurance document😕

JFT- Sunday August 26
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

Had a great day yesterday with Kaitlyn we went to one yard sale and 4 antique stores. Picked up a few more things for the wedding, a classic Pooh dish set for her future children and a Christmas present for Michaela.

Didn’t get anything else accomplished all day.
  • Snowflake1968
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    😀😁😆😊 It rained here today!!!! Hopefully that will continue to help with the fallout around here! Yay!

JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Shopping for store
    4. Groceries
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

It’s calling for rain here almost all week, hopefully you get it too!
  • Snowflake1968
    Faebert wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 - great loss for the week - yay!

@bcTRAI nice to see you back - 👋

Had an ok day yesterday. Got in a good workout in the morning and made a nice dinner for the boyfriend. Fell asleep on his sofa last night. I think all of the emotion of the last week or so has hit me hard and I’m now shattered.

Going to workout here this morning while he sleeps and then hopefully stick to the rest of my weekend goals of eating mindfully and getting some rest where possible too. Not at home so no laundry or housework at least! 😃

Have a lovely Sunday all. X

You had a very emotional week, no wonder you feel shattered. Hope you get more rest today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green❎
    - Exercise
    - Read for a bit. ✔️

Challenges

It was "takeaway" Saturday yesterday. And we had curry, my partner always cooks it. It was chicken tikka masala. It was really nice, when I was eating it though I said to my partner "it's a bit hot this for a masala" he then starts laughing his head off because he's only gone and put Naga Chilli paste in!
    For reference: Tabasco is 30,000 on the Scoville scale, the Habanero is 100,000, the Naga is 580,000! Hot hot hot. 💥

Sunday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Read

Challenges

What is “takeaway” I thought it was our take out, but if he cooks I must be wrong.
    I can’t handle spicy food at all they just cause me pain.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green❎
    - Exercise
    - Read for a bit. ✔️

Challenges

Sunday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Read

Challenges

What is “takeaway” I thought it was our take out, but if he cooks I must be wrong.

Haha we call it our "takeaway night" so we will eat take-out cuisine but cook it ourselves. So instead of going to a take out we go to the supermarket and we buy expensive meat, expensive sauce and sides and stuff. It's tastier, healthier and cheaper! Plus I know exactly what's in it to log it!
    So no it's not strictly take-out. But just the same cuisine so indian, Chinese, pizza, Thai etc(although you can't replicate a takeout fish and chips lol that does have to be takeout!)
  • Snowflake1968
    Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green❎
    - Exercise
    - Read for a bit. ✔️

Challenges

Sunday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Read

Challenges

Haha we call it our "takeaway night" so we will eat take-out cuisine but cook it ourselves. So instead of going to a take out we go to the supermarket and we buy expensive meat, expensive sauce and sides and stuff. It's tastier, healthier and cheaper! Plus I know exactly what's in it to log it!
    So no it's not strictly take-out. But just the same cuisine so indian, Chinese, pizza, Thai etc(although you can't replicate a takeout fish and chips lol that does have to be takeout!)

That's a great idea! I bet it saves lots of money too, not just calories.
  • Snowflake1968
    It's been an emotional week for me. Having talked to a couple of people it's seems more and more like I had an early term miscarriage. Apparently they are fairly common. I see my doctor on Thursday with Matt so hopefully they can give me a firm answer. Between the heaviness, the terrible pain, the exhaustion and the missed period is been rough. But you know how you just feel like something's wrong? Even without all those symptoms something just felt wrong. I spent a lot is time sleeping this part week.

I have a few things to do today but I honestly don't know if I'll do them. I kind of just want to relax. I went to a BBQ yesterday. I had a great time. I got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while so that was nice.

The new girl starts at the branch on Monday. That makes me super happy. It means we won't have to spend the whole day in the branch open to close any more.

I don't think I'm going to set any goals today other then eating sensibly.

I hope everyone has a great day.

My heart hurts for you. Hopefully the doctor can help you figure things out. I think relaxing and doing nothing is the perfect plan for the day.