Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    1. Dont take peoples crap so personally

Love this! I need to borrow :wink:

I might make it a regular Monday reminder :p
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT- Sunday August 26 - >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

I'm not even going to look at it all individually it was just one big fail yesterday! I am moving on!

JFT- Monday August 27
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom - if it's nice go for walk outside instead
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

I took the Grands to some yard sales yesterday its one of our favourite hobbies. Jonah only bought one thing, a science weather experiment set. Michaela bought a My Little Pony, Barbies w/clothes, a purse, a headband and a necklace. She only spent the same amount as him. I bought her 11 items of clothing though. All brand name stuff, which we never get, for 7.00! She grows so fast that Lauryn and Ryan have a hard time keeping her in clothes. These were all Fall and Winter clothes so that will help them out.

When we came home Lauryn came home from work with an upset stomach and Jonah was complaining too. I hope I don't get their bug.

I need to start taking this weight loss seriously again. I do OK, lose a couple pounds and then relax for 2-3 weeks. need to stay on task more consistently. This is going to get harder for me soon because I'm not so sure how to eat healthier in the Winter. I have to really put some thought into this.

I'm off to go see Jasmyne, she had an overwhelming day on Friday and is changing some plans. I'm not sure what this means for me.

What a fun tradition going to yard sales! Some of my favorite memories with my meme are doing exactly that!

All comfort food all the time in the winter for me! I need to start thinking about this too, since it's typically where I struggle and quit. I've been doing a little practice, of making my usual meals but eating just the one portion size. A real eye opener when a recipe I make that usually lasts us one meal, lasted us for 3 this weekend! But I know I'm never NOT going to want my stews, and casseroles, and roasts in the winter so I better figure it out!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Got up and had breakfast, played on the computer this morning - and now it is time to think about lunch! I have been feeling tired and need to call the Drs. office to see if they will test my D level again. I did get out in the sun a bit yesterday, but I don't know if it was enough.
    Today's goal is to drink water, workout out for at least 30 minutes and pick up the house for the cleaning ladies.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Got up and had breakfast, played on the computer this morning - and now it is time to think about lunch! I have been feeling tired and need to call the Drs. office to see if they will test my D level again. I did get out in the sun a bit yesterday, but I don't know if it was enough.
    Today's goal is to drink water, workout out for at least 30 minutes and pick up the house for the cleaning ladies.

Where do you live? I talked to my doctor about Vitamin D levels last week and here in Alberta Canada she told me to take 3000 units a day year round. She said that even if I could get out for 8 hours a day every day during the summer it wouldn't be enough to get it built up. She told me that they won't test for it here anymore as the 10 years that they routinely did test for it, showed the same results.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sunday JFT --
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. Walk at Home video; target 10 minutes ✅
    4. Find and pay stock bill :/
    5. Begin kitchen deep clean :/
    6. Declutter buffet :/

Monday JFT --
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Eating at major buffet; record all and log honestly
    4. Walk 10 min before & after buffet
    5. Do Walk at Home video for 10 min in evening
    6. Begin kitchen deep clean

Splitting buffet meal between lunch and supper. Very pleased with myself that stayed on plan. Buffet has major dessert bar with about 30 cakes, pies, cheesecakes, bars, etc and 5 cobblers and 8 ice creams with various toppings. I resisted everything except I did have two chocolate turtle cups. Yea Me!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have been tracking the "if every day were like today you would weigh... in 5 weeks". I started this back in April just to see if there was any truth to it at all and I have concluded that there really isn't. However, it does keep me motivated to at least make sure when I do complete my diary each day it is less than what I currently have as my weight in MFP.

A few weeks ago I decided to add another element to my wonderful excel sheet and I started averaging my weight over 7 days. I have felt like I have stalled completely the last couple of months and have done nothing to head in the right direction. Today when I went to update my averages and numbers I realized, I actually have done something towards loss this summer. Not near as much as I had hoped but I have actually lost.

6-Jun 188.9
    13-Jun 187.5
    20-Jun 188.1
    27-Jun 187.4
    4-Jul 187.6
    11-Jul 186.7
    18-Jul 186
    25-Jul 184.7
    1-Aug 184.3
    8-Aug 184.4
    15-Aug 183.7
    22-Aug 183.1

I am hoping that my determination and motivation are better in the coming months than they have been the last couple of months. I know to be successful I really have to start thinking more about my portions. I am such a fussy eater and I have my husband to consider so actually completely changing my actual foods would probably be a failure. I am going to start eating my meals on smaller plates and see how I do with that. I am also once my package of Laughing Cow is gone figure out another evening snack. I think those two things plus being more dedicated to exercising will help me achieve my goals easier.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs!
    3. Submit Week 5. Create character designs? Request K's help.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work.
    6. Meeting after school. Print PRs for tomorrow. Steps to 10k. Mark and enter narratives. Discussion post. Blog post: Dangerous Discussions
    7. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM tempo run: 12 laps, time even laps 2-10, aim for <1:45. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Meeting during planning. UGHHH. Also pictures. Dadgummit.
    3. Review SG for Act 1. Hand PRs out at end of class. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment) Request K's help.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Blot post: Dangerous Discussions.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work.
    6. Zumba 5:30. Writing group 7:00. Discussion response.
    7. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Gosh ... I get so far behind reading all these posts!!!

This will be simple again
    JFT, Tues
    1. go to gym
    2. log all food
    3. water challenge - 8+ cups
    4. go outside for a 15 minute walk in the evening. I need to get back to doing this!!
    5. mindful eating
    6. august challenge .... close the kitchen!

3 more days left to August. I have been avoiding the scale ... because I tend to give up when the scale does not cooperate. So I need to find my post from Aug 1 ... and record my weight, and hoping it is down!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Long day so quick one. Behind on reading but will at least post now.

For today:
    30 minutes exercise :(
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Work :)
    3. Shopping for store :)
    4. Groceries :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Monday
    1. Water :)
    2. Work :)
    3. Brush and floss :)
    4. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Tues
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Brush and floss
    4. Bed by 10:30

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So my DH is putting his 2 weeks in at work today. It's a huge relief that he will soon be out of there. It's been ten years but he doesnt owe them any loyalty any more.

Yesterday was odd. The new girl, M, started yesterday. She is great and really knowledgeable which is awesome, but I was so out of sorts because my routine is changing that I was a nervous wreck. I was talking really loudly and it was like my brain wasn't connected to my mouth or the rest of my body. It was the weirdest thing. I think it might have been because my day started out poorly. I didnt end up getting out of bed until 20 minutes before I had to leave. Today is much better. I got up at 6 to turn off the blaring alarm and went right into the shower. I looked longingly at my bed for a second or two but I know that if I lay back down it will be bad all over again. Although I'm sitting on the couch now and can feel my eyes drooping, at least now I am up and out of bed. Lol. I had to run to Wawa to get coffee because I forgot that I ran out. I woke up this morning and said a few choice words when I remembered that I brought my last 2 pods to work. Lol.

So now it's 6:58. I have about 30 minutes to kill before I have to get ready. Lol. Not sure what I will do. Probably read or make something to eat. Oh! And I'll make goals for the day! Lol.

JFT, 8-28-18(I just realized, my 30th birthday is a month away!)

1. Log all food!
    2. Bring some lunch
    3. Get milk before work
    4. Work 8:15-4
    5. D's?
    6. Eat a sensible dinner
    7. Make a list of things to look into
    8. Bed by 12

Super simple today.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Heading down to Big Boy for breakfast. Was hoping to walk but it's raining.

Monday JFT --
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. Eating at major buffet; record all and log honestly ✅
    4. Walk 10 min before & after buffet ✅
    5. Do Walk at Home video for 10 min in evening :(
    6. Begin kitchen deep clean :(

Tuesday JFT --
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. do Walk at Home video for 10 min
    4. do second WAH video for 10 min
    5. Take out garbage for pickup
    6. At very least, get a start on kitchen cleanup
    7. Find stock bill and pay

Had hoped to do a bit of yardwork today but with temps in the high 80's and with high humidity, I'm not able to do so. Really need to start on kitchen. I also need to gather up clothing so I can do some laundry on Wed or Thur. Hope everyone has a successful day! :D
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Dont take peoples crap so personally :)
    2. Drink lots of water :|
    3. Dog walk at lunch :)
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Meds AM and PM >:)
    6. Get medicine measuring cup and start taking fish oil again! >:)
    7. Call USPS :)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Be kind
    2. Lots of water
    3. 10 Squats/bathroom trip
    4. Log all food
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Fish Oil! After dinner, TAKE IT.
    7. Call USPS again
    8. Pick up half and half at farm
    9. Grab rolls for dinner
    10. Finish 1085
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Recap M 8/27 ~ rainy night/morning (2" in rain gauge) & very humid/warm = rest day & sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 9,443 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 37 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water = Net calories, sodium & sugar all green! Yay! Fiber excellent, protein ok & 14c water. :smiley:
    3) Evening to-do's = :smiley: Put away clean dishes / made couscous salad (with summer coming to a close, savoring this salad which contains tomatoes, green onions & cucumbers from farmers market) / rearranged freezer for Schwans delivery / painted toenails (hate doing this myself) / cleared DVR a little / took out kitchen compost bucket & dead cut flowers
    4) Unplug 9:00 :/ lost satellite signal during approaching severe thunderstorm so checking phone at bedtime / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :/ see "unplug" + strong winds, increase in lightning & rain started just as I was getting ready for bed (walk dog before work T)

JFT T 8/28 ~ break in thunderstorms this morning, still very humid & another 1" in rain gauge
    1) Walked dog before work & saw 1 bunny / 3.62 mi 1:03:16 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Email BFF re tokens for Th / checkbook for Book Man order / register for Jingle Bell 5K before rate increase / evening to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dob before work W)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate nothing w/ splurge :D
    26. 3 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :p
    27. Popcorn snack after work before supper but nothing after :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT- Monday August 27
    2L of Water - :/ 1.75 but much better than Sunday
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 331!
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/ I had a cookie after my usual snack, but I had a lot of calories left and was hungry
    Walk - :):):) I was enjoying it so much I walked 6kms
    Yoga or Pilates - :/
    Write in Journal - :)
    Start Craftroom - if it's nice go for walk outside instead - Walked instead! Hubby has taken his tools out though.
    Mail card to Wyatt - :)
    Mail Insurance Document - :)

JFT - Tuesday August 28
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk if weather permits
    Write in Journal
    Yoga or Pilates
    Craftroom

Hubby is working evenings tonight so I will have a lot of time to myself. I like this as I only have to worry about my supper. I am meeting my KFC friend for lunch today so I can have a very light supper.

The scale moved this morning to a lower number than what I had logged in MFP. My last update was on Aug 14 so that's 14 days for a little over 1/2 a pound. That's not very good!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    So my DH is putting his 2 weeks in at work today. It's a huge relief that he will soon be out of there. It's been ten years but he doesnt owe them any loyalty any more.

Yesterday was odd. The new girl, M, started yesterday. She is great and really knowledgeable which is awesome, but I was so out of sorts because my routine is changing that I was a nervous wreck. I was talking really loudly and it was like my brain wasn't connected to my mouth or the rest of my body. It was the weirdest thing. I think it might have been because my day started out poorly. I didnt end up getting out of bed until 20 minutes before I had to leave. Today is much better. I got up at 6 to turn off the blaring alarm and went right into the shower. I looked longingly at my bed for a second or two but I know that if I lay back down it will be bad all over again. Although I'm sitting on the couch now and can feel my eyes drooping, at least now I am up and out of bed. Lol. I had to run to Wawa to get coffee because I forgot that I ran out. I woke up this morning and said a few choice words when I remembered that I brought my last 2 pods to work. Lol.

So now it's 6:58. I have about 30 minutes to kill before I have to get ready. Lol. Not sure what I will do. Probably read or make something to eat. Oh! And I'll make goals for the day! Lol.

JFT, 8-28-18(I just realized, my 30th birthday is a month away!)

1. Log all food!
    2. Bring some lunch
    3. Get milk before work
    4. Work 8:15-4
    5. D's?
    6. Eat a sensible dinner
    7. Make a list of things to look into
    8. Bed by 12

Super simple today.

This sounds like just what Matt needs. He's had rough days more often than not since I've been on this group. I hope he finds something very fast.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    It's so quiet on here today. I miss everybody!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    It's so quiet on here today. I miss everybody!

So do I! Wish Mary could find us again! She was brill lol!
    Also hope @PackerFanInGB is okay too x