JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    It's so quiet on here today. I miss everybody!

So do I! Wish Mary could find us again! She was brill lol!
    Also hope @PackerFanInGB is okay too x

Yes she was, I wonder if she still hasn't gotten her log in issue fixed. One of the other groups had a couple ladies complaining about the same issue.

It's funny how you go so used to seeing people and then you worry about them when they are gone for a while. If anything happened to one of us no one would ever really know though would they. Not like facebook where someone is posting I miss you before the family even knows they died.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM tempo run: 12 laps, time even laps 2-10, aim for <1:45. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Meeting during planning. UGHHH. Also pictures. Dadgummit.
    3. Review SG for Act 1. Headbandz game? Vocabulary work. Read/answer Act 2. Hand PRs out at end of class. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment) Request K's help for Wednesday.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Blog post: Preparing for Presentations.
    5. Update class websites.
    6. Zumba 5:30. Writing group 7:00. Discussion response.
    7. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Water flavors and HP in bag. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Re-run PRs for class 4; hand out class 3 and class 4 PRs. Discussion response.
    3. Vocab work. Review SG for Act 2. Headbandz. Read Act 2 with class 4 Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment) Request K's help. Input grades for reflections 9-12.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Blot post: Preparing for Presentations.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. What to do about 5PE mini-unit?
    6. Strength 4:30. Quiz; draft essay. LAUNDRY.
    7. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So quiet today! Come back everyone!
    I just finished reading Portia de Rossi's memoir, really fascinating. She struggled severely with eating disorders. At one point she was only allowing herself 300 calories per day, and at the scariest she got down to 82 pounds for a fairly tall woman. It was a real eye-opener. It made me look at some my own thoughts and habits around healthy eating. While I certainly do not struggle with disordered eating, I do put a lot of pressure on the number on the scale and the image in the mirror. It made me recognize I need to shift my focus a bit on the end goal and the aspects of healthy living I appreciate. I also liked her realization that no foods are bad foods, there are only bad lifestyle habits. It's much more about the big picture and sustainable changes than one "good" meal or one "bad" piece of food. I recommend!

For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅ totally "tricked" myself by saying I would start with 15 and see how I felt :)
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Figure out how to order a PSL that's a bit leaner
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all it really is quiet at the moment isn’t it? Hope everyone is ok.

Yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Felt a bit down after doing lots of research about my sister’s condition, her surgery, the surgery that I will also be going for further down the line. It sounds so silly but I know I will really struggle with not being able to exercise for so long - apparently you can’t do upper body weight work for months. Exercise has become such an important part of my life now, hard to imagine how I will feel without it. But I know that my long term health is more important and even if it takes years to regain strength, I will be able to get there in the end. Just need to keep some perspective on this.

Today I’m focussed completely on my sister. I’m going with her to an MRI where they will double check the cancer has not spread anywhere else. Once that is done she can go ahead with surgery and there will be no need for any further treatment like chemo. I’m praying this is all ok today.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ❎ water and planning a downfall again. But did ok on the rest!
    - Hot yoga ❎ I’m not sure about renewing my annual membership as I won’t be able to do this once I have surgery. I am emailing the studio owner for advice about whether I can freeze membership when the time comes or if I have to go for the more expensive rolling monthly contract for now
    - Call someone re fixing dishwasher ✅
    - Go into school to sort classroom? Possibly... ❎
    - Early night ✅

Not setting any goals for today. I am up early and will workout then run a few errands before I head over to my sister’s place. The rest of the day will just depend on how things all go.

Have a great day all x

Good luck for your sister.
    I don't think it's silly that you're worried about not being able to work out if and when you have surgery, it's part of your routine, your life and you enjoy doing it. But like you say your health is more important.

Good Idea for taking today easy too, the last thing you need to be thinking about is how many calories something has.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Yes she was, I wonder if she still hasn't gotten her log in issue fixed. One of the other groups had a couple ladies complaining about the same issue.

It's funny how you go so used to seeing people and then you worry about them when they are gone for a while. If anything happened to one of us no one would ever really know though would they. Not like facebook where someone is posting I miss you before the family even knows they died.

@Snowflake... Hi Sister!!! Missed you ladies like crazy... OMG!!! I love you all sooooo much💝💝💝💝💝💝💝😅

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    HI LADIES!!! OMG!!! I MISS YOU ALL SOOOOOOOO MUCH, I'M TOTALLY CRYING MY EYES OUT WHILE TYPING THIS... SOMEBODY TALK TO ME...WE NEED TO CONNECT ON FACEBOOK FOR SURE...THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW😅😅😅😅😅😅😅💖
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Morning all it really is quiet at the moment isn’t it? Hope everyone is ok.

Yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Felt a bit down after doing lots of research about my sister’s condition, her surgery, the surgery that I will also be going for further down the line. It sounds so silly but I know I will really struggle with not being able to exercise for so long - apparently you can’t do upper body weight work for months. Exercise has become such an important part of my life now, hard to imagine how I will feel without it. But I know that my long term health is more important and even if it takes years to regain strength, I will be able to get there in the end. Just need to keep some perspective on this.

Today I’m focussed completely on my sister. I’m going with her to an MRI where they will double check the cancer has not spread anywhere else. Once that is done she can go ahead with surgery and there will be no need for any further treatment like chemo. I’m praying this is all ok today.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ❎ water and planning a downfall again. But did ok on the rest!
    - Hot yoga ❎ I’m not sure about renewing my annual membership as I won’t be able to do this once I have surgery. I am emailing the studio owner for advice about whether I can freeze membership when the time comes or if I have to go for the more expensive rolling monthly contract for now
    - Call someone re fixing dishwasher ✅
    - Go into school to sort classroom? Possibly... ❎
    - Early night ✅

Not setting any goals for today. I am up early and will workout then run a few errands before I head over to my sister’s place. The rest of the day will just depend on how things all go.

Have a great day all x
    @Faebert... I'm praying for you and your sister... You are so loved by me..🙏🌹🌹🌹🌹💖
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

@Bex953172 ... You all got your wish...still trying to work out the kinks the tech team says...oh my it's good to chat with you all again.💜💜💜💜💜💜
  • Bex953172
    Options

@Bex953172 ... You all got your wish...still trying to work out the kinks the tech team says...oh my it's good to chat with you all again.💜💜💜💜💜💜

Yayyy it's like you heard us calling to you!
    Welcome back! How've you been!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mytime6630
    And where have you gone!? Hope you're okay!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    It is a bit quiet! Haven’t seen @slittlemeister for a while either - all ok? And sending big hugs to @HEGoddard0928 - hope the new girl is working out ok.

How’s it going with the sibling rivalry @Bex953172 ? X
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    1. Spend some time on paperwork. (Set timer for 10 minutes, so do that much, at least.)
    2. Move lamp back to bedroom.
    3. Go through one bag from garage.

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @cesse47, yummy farmer's market finds! Enjoy. 🍅
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    JFT:
    1. Spend some time on paperwork. (Set timer for 10 minutes, so do that much, at least.)
    2. Move lamp back to bedroom.
    3. Go through one bag from garage.
    Good Morning! And Great Big sloppy hugs for you👏👏👏👏 Applauding anything you accomplish. Moving the lamp...each thing you do is a giant you've slain and gotten VICTORY! over. Kudos on your list, and your efforts! YOU WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!, for every negative that you turn into a positive... the negative thing becomes defeated and you my dear become a powerhouse🌹
  • Bex953172
    Options
    It is a bit quiet! Haven’t seen @slittlemeister for a while either - all ok? And sending big hugs to @HEGoddard0928 - hope the new girl is working out ok.

How’s it going with the sibling rivalry @Bex953172 ? X

I ended up taking the baby pram/walker away. Marley keeps her baby and we'll have to buy saskia one I think lol! It's annoying because she never played with babies when she was younger, it's just cause marley has one.