JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    Options
    I ended my night not so great last nite ... got into the ice cream after the kitchen was closed :'(

But , today is a new day. But it is funny how quickly those old habits want to come back if we are not careful. I realized that I think I also eat if I am bored .... to tired to sew .... to antsy to just watch TV .... I think I should have just gone to bed for the nite!

So reminding myself of my goals
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water -- 8+ glasses
    3. mindful eating.
    4. go outside, even for a short walk
  • mytime6630
    Options
    wink:
    4acehv46wiwt.jpg

This is a great way to think of drinking water LOL!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    jldqfgzw6u3j.jpg

So cute... and so true! Balance in life is so important! I keep telling hubby this ... we need to balance out work with more fun things to do! As much as I love to sew and garden.... we need more variety besides just work, sewing, and gardening!
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Possibly at my MILs today. Which means in always over in calories. But I'm sure if I can have low calorie breakfast and lunch I may be okay!

Hope you just enjoy your time at your MILs .... and you are so right. a low calorie breakfast and lunch, and you are going to do great! Lets end this month the best way possible! I have not weighed myself all month, because I get to discouraged. So I am going to try to make the last week in august a great week .... I know you will to!! You are doing great this month!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from @maryrobinson40 , @PackerFanInGB or @HEGoddard0928?

@PackerFanInGB had surgery yesterday. Plus her BIL just passed away.

Yeah I was just wondering if she had spoken to anyone since the surgery.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Friday
    - Listen to guided meditation ❎
    - 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green❎
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it❎

Challenges
    Apr: Water❎
    May: 15min Outside❎
    Jun: Mindful/Emotional Eating❎
    Jul: Pre-logging❎
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm❎

LOL don't ask because even I don't know :lol:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I PMd her and haven't had a reply yet - it wouldn't surprise me if she's not back for a little while. When I had surgery last year I was wiped out for days, the first two just vomiting/ trying not to vomit (sorry if this is too much info...)

@PackerFanInGB I very much hope this is not what you are in the middle of now right now! Hope to have an update from you soon x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I PMd her and haven't had a reply yet - it wouldn't surprise me if she's not back for a little while. When I had surgery last year I was wiped out for days, the first two just vomiting/ trying not to vomit (sorry if this is too much info...)

@PackerFanInGB I very much hope this is not what you are in the middle of now right now! Hope to have an update from you soon x
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Finally, a chance to post!

Recap Th 8/23 ~ harder & harder to get up early to walk dog since we're out the door before sunrise now :#
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.5 mi 1:01:11 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 13,743 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (crapped out at end of day) & 35 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green or close = Finished up some leftovers & net calories -125, sodium -797, sugar -32, fiber & protein excellent, 12c water ~ I'll take it! :D
    4) Evening to-do's = too tired so nada :p
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :# fell asleep on couch w/ TV on until 10:15 then got up and went to bed :p (dog walk dependent on weather F a.m.)

JFT F 8/24 ~ rain held off in a.m.
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.83 mi 1:07:31 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work & home
    3) Meals/snacks prelogged / staff luncheon & I prelogged my order / stick w/ plan / net calories green
    4) Household chores (home from work early after staff meeting)
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (farmers market before 8am, walk dog & Artstreet)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love being a part of such a caring and considerate group!
    Today was ridiculously busy! Staying at my moms for the weekend to help my uncle move. Considering how crazy the day was plus travel, going over my limit by a few hundred calories is ok by me. It’s about the long term changes not the minor slips. Happy weekend all!

For today:
    Pack for weekend ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. :(
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Friday- *JFT*

Drink 8 glasses of water
    Track my food 100%
    Do a blog update
    Call my sponsor for a catch up (I know it's not MFP related but she's basically a good friend who is really helping with my weight loss journey!)
    Look for my damn fitbit.... I haven't seen it in weeks! <--- no luck, but emailed fitbit asking about a discount for a new one... apparently i get 25% off if i want to order a new one... haven't decided yet
    Meditate for at least 5 minutes

So I'm going to do a blog post and meditate... that way I can tick those bad boys off the list!

Saturday

Get off the bus 1 stop earlier after work and walk a bit more
    Write a shopping list for the wife so she can get groceries while I'm at work
    Not get freaked out by the number on the scales when I do my weekly weigh in
    Write a gratitude list
    Track food 100%
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I started writing a long post and then gave up! Yesterday was basically just not a good day. Need to get back to work now. Too much time to think and stress about my sister, too much mindless grazing, taking kids for treats etc.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Call vet if Monty still not himself (he’s been hiding and sleeping and seems like he might have a little injury) - he’s ok i think!
    - Girls haircuts at 11 ✅
    - Pack girls for trip to their Grandparents ✅
    - Call breast cancer clinic re updating my records and reviewing my risk ✅
    - Renew yoga membership ❎
    - Rest ❎

Weekend goals
    - Get in some activity
    - Eat mindfully, not emotionally
    - Rest

Keeping it simple - because basically those three things are what I need right now, and nothing more. Happy weekend all x
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it
    - Read for a bit.

Challenges
    Apr: Water
    May: 15min Outside
    Jun: Mindful/Emotional Eating
    Jul: Pre-logging
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 22 laps; aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Get copies of parallel texts. Shorten study guide questions. PRINT. Check in with L.
    3. Top 10 villains list; finish reading summary. Create character designs? Present reflections.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. Finish Week 5.
    6. BANK. Groceries. Essay. QUIZ.
    7. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Pack lunch/dinner. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Park ONLY TIL 3. Change for awards ceremony.
    3. Work on seminar proposal.
    4. Finish Week 5. Laundry.
    6. FINISH ESSAY AND SUBMIT. Minimal snacking at awards ceremony!
    7. Prep Sun lunch. Chop celery. Meds.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 189.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 22 laps; aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Get copies of parallel texts. Shorten study guide questions. PRINT. Check in with L.
    3. Top 10 villains list; finish reading summary. Create character designs? Present reflections.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. Finish Week 5.
    6. BANK. Groceries. Essay. QUIZ.
    7. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Pack lunch/dinner. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Park ONLY TIL 3. Change for awards ceremony.
    3. Work on seminar proposal.
    4. Finish Week 5. Laundry.
    6. FINISH ESSAY AND SUBMIT. Minimal snacking at awards ceremony!
    7. Prep Sun lunch. Chop celery. Meds.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 189.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.

Holy €rap, someone's busy!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Friday checklist --
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Do at least one more go at walking video .. try to hit 10 minutes
    4. Get Hair cut ✅
    5. Get cash for Farmer's Market tomorrow ✅

Well, definitely not a blazing success. But, I did log all food and stayed just under goal ... so that's good. My sister's in from out of state and we're spending the day together -- first stop is the Farmer's Market. I know with her I'll get in a LOT of walking today. Need to be especially careful with food today since we'll be eating two meals out in restaurants ... and she is not a good influence.

Saturday JFT --
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Walk, walk, walk
    4. Clean out car ✅
    5. Buy fruits & veggies at Farmer's Market
    6. Be extra vigilant with food choices today
    7. Spend day with Sis ... have fun!!

Can someone tell me how to make the ✅ ... please?

Have a successful day Y'all :smiley:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday August 24
    2L of Water - :(
    Calories in Green by 150 - :( over by 454
    Outside 15 Minutes - :(
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/ didn’t eat supper so ended up having two snacks
    Walk - Will have to be Leslie Sansone again - :(
    Yoga or Pilates - :(
    Write in Journal - :(
    Start Craftroom - :(
    Mail card to Wyatt - ;(
    Mail Insurance Document - ;(

JFT - Saturday August 25
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

Yesterday was a day for others. Jasmyne came to my office and I talked to her for over 2 hours, she is feeling I overwhelmed and doesn’t feel everyone is doing what they are supposed to.
    I then went for lunch with a friend whose other half is going through some stuff.
    Rodger was down on himself because he failed a drivers test at work yesterday. It doesn’t affect the job he’s just ticked st himself.
    He went to bed early and I thought I could get some stuff for me accomplished when a friend called crying and I talked to her for almost 3 hours.
    I went to bed without doing anything for myself all day!
    Today is a new day, there are a couple of yard sales I may go check out. I’ve just been told we need a couple grocery items, and I really want to get at the craftroom!

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yard sales! Love 'em, but not going because I need to get rid of all my junk.
    Sighed to read of doctor woes here and there. Two appointments this week coming up.
    Was going to try that keto diet but after looking here and there, guess not. Just looks too tight on carbs. I am more of a South Beacher but truth is need to keep mouth closed mostly.
    So today have quit Keto with a big old piece of chicken. I also had fruit and then drank son's pop. Son is outside howling like a wolf so will have to go reign him in. Went to store and bought him a new keyboard and it works great.
    Party tomorrow and it is on my mind. Will get up early to cut melons and clean strawberries. Not making the dip that goes with it just because I would have to eat it and lick bowl.
    Okay, holding the line rest of day on calories. Probably not going to exercise or MOW but I will check Y schedule.
    Tomorrow, I will think about every calorie when at party. I can fast through breakfast and drink muchly to get pills down. I will think of some drink I can take that is primarily water. I will be on-time for church but not go to cemetery as we went earlier this week. Husband not there but we left a butterfly on grave. Son is still howling so off to rescue the neighbors from the beasts.