Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Thursday (Recap)
    - Listen to guided meditation ✔️
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise❎ this is off the cards for a couple of days, got a water infection! :(
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it✔️
    - Go to library✔️ more like hell LOL

Challenges
    Apr: Water✔️
    May: 15min Outside✔️
    Jun: Mindful/Emotional Eating✔️
    Jul: Pre-logging❎
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm✔️

So I realised the reason I was worried about going out was because I was taking all 3 girls out. There were just so many things that could happen. I could wear Casey in a sling and we both get hot and then there's no where I can put her, but then if I put her in the pram it means I have to put Marley on reins and if she decides not to walk... Then im screwed. I opted for Marley walking as the last thing I wanted was to be hot and sweaty.
    She made it so far and then just got funny. Sitting down a lot but laughing about it, refusing to walk, wanted to be picked up then put down then up again. Got the library, put the books we already had on the thing (LOL I don't know what you call it, but you scan your library card to view your account and you can borrow books return books pay charges etc. So it's a bit like a till?) anyway where you scan the books is made of a thick clear plastic but it's lit up so you can see the rim. Anyway marley *somehow* didn't see it and nearly bust her lip open. She then just kept running off and blatantly ignoring me which got me more frustrated. I then had to get home. Got fed up and just put her on my shoulders LOL must have looked like Super Mum but she even moaned at that.
    It took maybe 45 mins longer than I wanted it to. And used way more energy.
    Marley was the problem lol all the way there and back.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 - Haha no. It looks like a bomb went off. There's odds and ends left to pack. And moving supplies and boxes everywhere. My landlord has been showing the house since the beginning of the month and she was so happy when it looked nice. But, now she's pressuring us to have it "cleaned up and tended to" before this weekend! I tried, but it's not happening. I paid my rent til the end of the month so I don't think she has any legal ground to tell me to "clean up" before my lease it up. I know it'll get done but you're so right, it's my least favorite.

JFT Weds Recap
    1. Be kind :| BIL was supposed to come over to see the house - he still hadnt shown up by 8:30 and I said some not so nice things and DH rescheduled. Although, this is actually a win for me - speaking my mind is hard sometimes, especially when I think it will cause confrontation. Also, see below.
    2. Lots of water :) Yay finally drinking lots of water at home!
    3. Cook dinner at home :) Omg - DH ate my last bite of mozzarella stick after I got up from the table to grab something. I was not done. And I was SOOOOOOOOO mad. The reaction did not fit the circumstance - but do NOT get between this girl and her cheese during that TOM. :D
    4. Meds AM and PM >:)
    5. Take fish oil after dinner >:)
    6. Puppy puzzle >:)

JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind
    2. Re read growth mindset article
    3. Figure out dinner?! both BIL coming over tonight and I have NOTHING - take out is OKAY!
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Puppy puzzle
    6. Log all food

I know that here they can’t force you to do it if your rent is paid until the 1st. So I wouldn’t stress about it
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM tempo run: 12 laps; even laps 2-10 timed, aim for <1:45. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Evaluate, log, and input reflections 7-11. Return student work. Review semester plan. Cross-reference assessments and standards; which standards are over- or under-assessed? What is my purpose for each unit? Print 5PE articles & courage articles. Make coffee.
    3. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    4. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. Re-check prepositions worksheet. Finish Week 5.
    5. Zumba 5:30. Prep Friday lunch: celery, barbecue salad, parfait, yogurt. Quiz. Draft Week 1 essay. Review grocery list. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Friday
    1. AM long run: 22 laps; aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Get copies of parallel texts. Shorten study guide questions. PRINT. Check in with L.
    3. Top 10 villains list; finish reading summary. Create character designs? Present reflections.
    4. Work on seminar proposal. Put extra photocopies in folders and back in filing cabinet.
    5. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. Finish Week 5.
    6. BANK. Groceries. Essay. QUIZ.
    7. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 189.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Go to bank FRIDAY to set up loan to pay for masters classes.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was a bust. I couldn't even log I was so upset with myself. I can clearly identify the sequence of events-rough evening night before, slept for crap, got up late, didn't prep for the day, ate my feelings. I didn't used to think I was an emotional eater but holy cow. Guys I am an emotional eater. Today went better. I didn't pack a lunch but was able to grab a salad and went for a really nice 45 minute walk. Balance is better at work and I've got a nice weekend planned. Happy (almost) Friday everyone!

For today:
    15 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Pack for weekend
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JFT, Thrus
    1. finish replanting plants before it rains on friday :) AND finished mowing the grass. Got all my hosta plants moved to a new bed, replanted a lot of ferns and day lilies. SO I am exhausted tonite!
    2. log all food :)
    3. drink water :) What is helping is that my hubby also does not drink water. So for each meal, I give us each a glass of water, and we have to drink 2 of these. For each meal today, hubby had his glass gulped down, while I may have a inch drank out of mine. So it is showing me how little water I drink. So ... gulping down those glasses of water
    4. mindful eating ... pay attention to everything that I eat. Ask myself . am I hungry or just thirsty :) Even though my "mindful" eating led to 450 calories tonite!! :s I had a icecream bar, then still hungry. Had a bananna. Almost was going to have another ice cream bar, but I had some trail mix .... all measured and in little bags. So I had one of those, worth just 100 cal. So while I was over, I still did a little "mindful" thinking ... right!!! :D

JFt, Frid
    1. go to gym
    2. water challenge
    3. mindful eating
    4. go out for a walk
    5. each only 2 pcs fish at fish fry.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
    12. I ate FOUR brownies ! . >:)
    13.. One fiber one brownie... kitchen closed :)
    14. One fiber one brownie .... kitchen closed :)
    15. ?? I was sure I posted this ... and can't find it. Senior moment .... I cant remember!
    16. ??I was sure I posted this ... and can't find it. Senior moment .... I cant remember!
    17. ? I was sure I posted this ... and can't find it. Senior moment .... I cant remember!
    18. ?? >:)
    19. popcorn, 9:30 :)
    20. NO snack :)
    21. ONE ice cream bar = 170 cal. Kitchen closed :)
    22. small bowl of popcorn, and that was it! :)
    23. ice cream bar, bananna, and trail mix. But it is now 9pm, so no more for me tonite! >:)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Thrus
    1. finish replanting plants before it rains on friday :) AND finished mowing the grass. Got all my hosta plants moved to a new bed, replanted a lot of ferns and day lilies. SO I am exhausted tonite!
    2. log all food :)
    3. drink water :) What is helping is that my hubby also does not drink water. So for each meal, I give us each a glass of water, and we have to drink 2 of these. For each meal today, hubby had his glass gulped down, while I may have a inch drank out of mine. So it is showing me how little water I drink. So ... gulping down those glasses of water
    4. mindful eating ... pay attention to everything that I eat. Ask myself . am I hungry or just thirsty :) Even though my "mindful" eating led to 450 calories tonite!! :s I had a icecream bar, then still hungry. Had a bananna. Almost was going to have another ice cream bar, but I had some trail mix .... all measured and in little bags. So I had one of those, worth just 100 cal. So while I was over, I still did a little "mindful" thinking ... right!!! :D

JFt, Frid
    1. go to gym
    2. water challenge
    3. mindful eating
    4. go out for a walk
    5. each only 2 pcs fish at fish fry.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
    12. I ate FOUR brownies ! . >:)
    13.. One fiber one brownie... kitchen closed :)
    14. One fiber one brownie .... kitchen closed :)
    15. ?? I was sure I posted this ... and can't find it. Senior moment .... I cant remember!
    16. ??I was sure I posted this ... and can't find it. Senior moment .... I cant remember!
    17. ? I was sure I posted this ... and can't find it. Senior moment .... I cant remember!
    18. ?? >:)
    19. popcorn, 9:30 :)
    20. NO snack :)
    21. ONE ice cream bar = 170 cal. Kitchen closed :)
    22. small bowl of popcorn, and that was it! :)
    23. ice cream bar, bananna, and trail mix. But it is now 9pm, so no more for me tonite! >:)

Absolutely you were mindful, I think of you delay and think about it and you are still hungry you should eat. I would call it a win.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    jldqfgzw6u3j.jpg
    I got this in the mail at work. Both cute and inspiring.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    jldqfgzw6u3j.jpg
    I got this in the mail at work. Both cute and inspiring.

The cynic in me thinks straightaway: surely any real (non CGI) branch would just break - balance or no balance?!

Sorry, I'm just too practical ;)

The message/ spirit is inspiring however :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Friday
    - Listen to guided meditation
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it

Challenges
    Apr: Water
    May: 15min Outside
    Jun: Mindful/Emotional Eating
    Jul: Pre-logging
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm

Possibly at my MILs today. Which means in always over in calories. But I'm sure if I can have low calorie breakfast and lunch I may be okay!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday August 23
    2L of Water - :/ Only 1.5 I think
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) Yes 224
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) One good thing about selling is I'm outside and getting in and out of car. I park at the far end of the parking lot of business I am visiting. Put on 2.2kms yesterday and 1.8 on Wednesday
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) I think I need to change up my evening snack I'm starting to get a little bored of it.
    Walk - Hopefully - :) Another Leslie Sansone, just too smoky and today is even worse
    Yoga or Pilates - :(
    Write in Journal - :( So tired, I thought about what I was grateful for, but didn't actually write it
    Start Craftroom - :| Hubby wanted to spend time together, I took that instead
    Mail card to Wyatt - >:) Today, for sure! I brought my address book with me! Good thing this is a surprise for him and not a birthday card
    Mail Insurance Document - >:) Today

JFT - Friday August 24
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk - Will have to be Leslie Sansone again
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal
    Start Craftroom
    Mail card to Wyatt
    Mail Insurance Document

I have made poor food choices all week for lunch, I need to come up with better options for myself again. Today I am meeting a friend for lunch so that won't be the best option either. I will get onto this next week for sure. My goal was to be 170 by September, I'm not going to make it. I hope I can at least get into the 170's still though.

I am meeting J today to come up with some set rates for the business. Things are moving along pretty quickly the promotional videos are being filmed tomorrow!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Has anyone heard from @maryrobinson40 , @PackerFanInGB or @HEGoddard0928?

• Bex953172
    Options

No :( and I miss them all!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

No - but I've been thinking of the three of them myself! :( Been missing @toaljasa too!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Re read growth mindset article :)
    3. Figure out dinner?! both BIL coming over tonight and I have NOTHING - take out is OKAY! :| Got blown off for the second time this week - I was SO MAD. Blessing in disguise though because I went grocery shopping instead!
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Puppy puzzle >:) Took her to hangout while I did some weeding instead.
    6. Log all food :)

JFT Friday
    1. Be kind
    2. Log all food
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Lots of water
    5. Scrub gazebo exterior
    6. Pick up weed piles
    7. Make a game plan for Saturday with DH so I know what to expect
    8. Pick up more fogger solution
    9. Deposit check
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday
    mytime6630 -- thank you for explaining how to bookmark. I'd forgotten we could do that.

1. Log all food
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Do at least one more go at walking video .. try to hit 10 minutes
    4. Get Hair cut
    5. Get cash for Farmer's Market tomorrow
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

@PackerFanInGB had surgery yesterday. Plus her BIL just passed away.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CSCHMITZ Wow, you are so down in the weight! I think I have lost some since the doctor's office but no tell-tale signs in the clothes.
    My son's keyboard has decided not to type. Will tote it to Geek Squad tomorrow.
    I have been eating uncontrollably but the site says I am keeping under limit. The 8 am pool class keeps me going there but then at home I am not doing much. I do have to go ride around yard after while. I am also way behind on water-will try to drink the gallon! I need to find food to eat -everything tastes like salt or just doesn't taste good. The Y class is having a party on Sunday afternoon and I am taking watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberries but I have heard there will be any kind of meat, banana pudding, deviled eggs, baked beans and I am sure lots of other really good comfort foods.
    Okay-reminding self:
    Watch that calories stay under limit, drink water until I float, do something that qualifies as exercise, pick up meds-surgery next Thursday, take my pills, and find melon baller/glass bowl, and sharp knives.
    Taking 4 cups of ice water up to bed and watching show THEN we will mow!