Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    JFT - Wednesday

Overall, I'm very excited to have 2 days in a row of being happy with my eating choices!

In other news, Hubby's company holiday party is Dec 8. It's super fancy, and I always love getting dressed up for it. I already have a dress, but right now the belly looks tight, lumpy, and unflattering. It's too low-cut in back for spanks, so...
      I'm going for 18 lbs by Dec 8. That's 1.5 lbs/week and would bring me back to my lowest post-child-bearing weight. Even if I just hit 15 lbs down, I think the dress will be much more flattering!

Woo-Hoo! You are on a roll! Oooh, I do love a good challenge. If you haven't done so yet, set your dress out so that you see it every day. When I first began this life journey in January of this year, I could not button the dress I want to wear to our son and his fiancee's rehearsal dinner. I hung it up and I try it on every five pounds or so. And voila! For some time now I've been able to button it up with no problems. But I know the more I lose the more fabulous it is going to look on me!!!

So hang up that dress and try it every now and again. This week I made big signs and put them everywhere there's food, namely the fridge and the pantry doors. They say "remember the wedding" and "say yes to the dress!"

I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of you in your dress in December!

BTW, my dress is 28 years old :) It's one of my favorites and I have rarely been able to wear it as it is somewhat fitted around the bust and stomach. I've had three more children since I first bought it, and well...that's all I'm gonna say on THAT subject, lolol!!!

Keep Moving!
      Peace and joy.
      oyzs0jzq2eea.png
    1. toaljasa
      Options
      Well Ladies... My darling Sisters, I'm home.and I'm pooped...
      My daughter has what's known as ICU DELIRIUM, with hallucinogenic episodes. My brilliant daughter is having mind problems due to the drugs they had to treat her with to keep her airways open... The doctor told me in the beginning she almost died. So the medicine they used and the machine had to be used at the capacity they chose.
      Today, she went to potty with assistance, she sat up and fed herself, she laughed and talked normally for a while, had physical therapy. And did well with that, but when she began to say things out of the norm.. I almost lost it.. But instead, I prayed for her soundness of mind. OMG! This is hard, but what she's experiencing is worse than my selfish feelings. She needs a strong mom more than ever and I can't stop.. I won't stop. I want my baby better.

I am praying for your daughter, and you as well. I think you have mentioned that you are a woman of faith. I want to share Josh. 1:9 with you.
    2. mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
      Options
      JFT, Wed
      1. LOG ALL FOOD :)
      2. Mindful eating -- think before I eat :)
      3. go for a 15 minute walk in the evening :) Walked 1 more mile! THis is after the gym this morning, planting in the flower beds, and mowing some of our yard!
      4. go to the gym (have not been there in 2 days, and I find I miss it!) :)
      5. mow the grass :)
      6. clean house :/ WIll be on tomorrow list -- just not enough time tonite!
      7. get back on here ... be accountable! :)

Daughter came out, so we ran to the store ... got her a few nice outfits, so she was happy. She's been really down lately, crying a lot. So all I can do is listen .... and buy her some pretty new clothes :D . Whether it helps or not ... at least I felt like I could do something.

But ... I had lots of smily faces today! Almost didn't log food, but I wanted that happy face.

JFT, Thurs
      1. log all food
      2. pack for our weekend get away
      3. clean the house so its ready for my friends next weekend!
      4. laundry
      5. plan out grocery list of what I will buy next week so my trip to the store goes quick

It will be a busy week, since wed is my colonoscopy. There is a quilt guild meeting I really want to go to wed nite, and tues nite will be prepping for my procedure. Thursday I will need to mow the grass ... so trying to get as much done ahead as I can. can't wait to see my High school friends. One of these friends we have known each other since the 1st grade --- that is like 63 years ago!!! YIKES!

3. mytime6630
      Options
      Bex953172 wrote: »

I'm going to try this intermittent fasting! So from now till 8pm I can eat. And then nothing more till 11am tomorrow (started a bit late today)
      @mytime6630 have you thought of trying this to curb your night time snacking!

I will have to study about intermittent fasting ... I have heard that it works! Great idea! I can easily go to 11 before I eat ... we usually don't eat till around 10"30 anyhow. Its the stopping at 8 pm I need to do!
    4. mytime6630
      Options
      toaljasa wrote: »
      I have GREAT news!!!
      The American holiday, THANKSGIVING, is in
      64 Days!!!

So, do you want to join me on this tenacious, highly focused, let's-end-well, effort??? It's going to take hard work and discipline but think of the reward at the end.

I'm in!! If I can get out of the 190s I'll be happy!! Gee .... I think I was saying that last March LOL!! But .... 64 days ... I can surely lose those 5 pounds!
    5. toaljasa
      Options
      mytime6630 wrote: »

I'm going to try this intermittent fasting! So from now till 8pm I can eat. And then nothing more till 11am tomorrow (started a bit late today)
      @mytime6630 have you thought of trying this to curb your night time snacking!

I will have to study about intermittent fasting ... I have heard that it works! Great idea! I can easily go to 11 before I eat ... we usually don't eat till around 10"30 anyhow. Its the stopping at 8 pm I need to do!

I'm like that as well. Sometimes at 800 I'm wanting popcorn, etc., lol. I changed mine to 830 and that works better for me. Sometimes I set a reminder to go off at 815 in case I am wanting some pretzels, etc.
    6. bcTRAI
      bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
      Options
      bcTRAI wrote: »
      JFT Wednesday
      1. Water :)
      2. Water Pic :| I want to develop this into a habit but got carried away with other morning things today.
      3. Studio time - work on new baby quilt :) Almost all the pieces are prepped.
      4. Quilt guild :)
      5. Laundry :) 2 loads done but the light fixture died this week so laundry by touch.
      6. Brush and floss :)
      7. Bed by 10:30 :)
      JFT Thurs
      1. Water
      2. Water pic
      3. Slow cooker
      4. Studio time - my daughter's planning to come over to work on her project too.
      5. Brush and floss
      6. Bed by 10:30
    7. Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
      Options
      My daughter has what's known as ICU DELIRIUM, with hallucinogenic episodes. My brilliant daughter is having mind problems due to the drugs they had to treat her with to keep her airways open... The doctor told me in the beginning she almost died. So the medicine they used and the machine had to be used at the capacity they chose.
      Today, she went to potty with assistance, she sat up and fed herself, she laughed and talked normally for a while, had physical therapy. And did well with that, but when she began to say things out of the norm.. I almost lost it.. But instead, I prayed for her soundness of mind. OMG! This is hard, but what she's experiencing is worse than my selfish feelings. She needs a strong mom more than ever and I can't stop.. I won't stop. I want my baby better.

Oh my, will she make a full recovery? I never knew asthma could cause so many problems!
    8. Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
      Options
      Didn't really achieve my goals yesterday. You know when you're so busy and you've got so much going on you can't even think about goals?
      Well that's fair enough but it's going to get me nowhere. I want a set of foundation goals that I achieve daily but more importantly goals that become second nature, I don't want to have to think about them, I want them to be as mindless as me brushing my teeth in the morning.

So my base goals (to start with) are going to be water and accurate logging.

So yesterday I actually logged accurately! I only drank half the amount of water I should have though.
      So today it's time to pick that up, keep logging and drink more!

I was also in the green yesterday which is just an added bonus at this moment in time. My base goals are accurate logging regardless of the outcome.

So I logged accurately yesterday. It's possible I drank 8 glasses of water but I can only remember 6, still more than the day before, so today I'm going for the whole 8! I know I can because I've done it plenty of times before!

Also in the green again so bonus!

So same again today
      - 8 glasses of water
      - Accurate Logging (including walking time today, it's shopping day so there will be lots of pram pushing and baby carrying! But also we're having lunch out! So need to be wary and try counteract the lunch!)
    9. maryrobinson40
      maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
      Options

Oh my, will she make a full recovery? I never knew asthma could cause so many problems!

@Bex953172 ..Good Morning Sister. The doctors can't guarantee anything.. It's a wait and see.. They keep telling me that this medicine will counteract that medicine and so on.. I told them my daughter isn't a lab experiment.
      Now they're trying to ween her from the steroids they were using..,
    10. MLS1582
      MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
      Options
      @toaljasa I hadn't thought of it as "say YES to the dress!" I love it! I do have it out and hanging on the end of my wardrobe (and I tried it on last night!) It's also an older dress. I wore it to a holiday party before my son was born, and I wore it again about 18 months ago (when I was at 154, instead of my current 170). I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers to measure progress by clothing instead of scale (or at least prefers a combo of the two).

JFT - Thursday
      1. Log everything
      2. Stay under 1500-ish calories
      3. Do my ab workout!

My mom's coming into town tonight and Hubby will be home tomorrow night. It's going to be a crazy 4 days, but when isn't life crazy?
    11. clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Options
      Checking in from Wednesday
      1. AM general run: 17 laps, aim for <40 m. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
      2. Draft Week 9. Write blog comments. Send in mission support requests for students with significant missing work and/or absences. GRADE CHARACTER REPORTS. Put up smart people poster. CHECKLIST FOR CLASS 4 ESSAY. Print rubrics for Skills essay and Extended scene.
      3. Class 2-3: Movie / catchup day.
      4. Class 4 - Print diagnostic essays. Use checklist to edit and revise.
      5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block.
      6. Update class websites. WRITE BLOG POST.
      7. Strength 4:30. FINAL EXAM. Write blog comments. Add 'pack shoes and gym clothes' to Thursday JFT.
      8. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
      1. AM speed run: 2/1 timed, aim for <4m on timed laps. Feed cats. Flexibility routine. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK CLOTHES AND SHOES FOR GYM.
      2. FINISH week 9. Write blog post. Input missing assignments. Print progress reports. Send in mission support requests for students with significant missing work and/or absences.
      3. Class 2-3: Hand out reports. Catchup day. GRADE PRESENTATIONS.
      4. Class 4: Hand out reports. Catchup day.
      5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
      6. Update class websites. Add class 4 student conferences to Friday's JFT.
      7. Fitting 4:00. Seaweed salad? Zumba 5:30. Draft reflection essay.
      8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      February 2018: 173.6
      March 2018: 179.6
      July 2018: 189.6
      August 2018: 187.4
      Today: 186.8

Upcoming to-do:
      1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
      2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
      3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
      4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
      5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
      6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
      7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
      8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
      9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
      10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
      11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
      12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
    12. royalty819
      royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
      Options
      mytime6630 wrote: »
      royalty819 wrote: »
      It's funny because "Just for today" is such a positive group and I love it!
      But let me tell you guys the way I have abused our friend "just for today"

It started just after midnight with three pieces of that Italian papa johns pizza. And a piece or two of extra pizza crust. (Pizza crust is life, btw) after all, it's only JUST FOR TODAY. I'm here to enjoy myself.

go to bed...wake up 7 am...eat 3-4 more pieces of leftover pizza crust....I've really got to get it together.

Now its 12 pm...10 chicken nuggets, a large fry, and a minute made fruit punch later...I get to the house and eat cocoa krispies with chocolate milk and whipped cream...yes, you read that right...I tell myself "just for today I'll eat whatever. JUST FOR TODAY I'll eat like a fatty McFatterton."

Then a penut butter and jelly uncrustable and a nutrigrain bar....

It's Okay, if it was truly "just for today"
      But It was also just for Saturday
      And just for Sunday,

I did good monday...but then it was just for today.

Please Lord, don't let "just for today" turn into "just for tomorrow"

For those of you who dont know, I was 225 pounds just 4 years ago. I lost the weight by mid 2015 and have kept it off. But this past summer i have gained 30 pounds...and it seems like Ive lost control...just for today, just for last Saturday, just last month. Im going through something I dont know what it is. I hope I figure it out before this scale goes any more upward.

Thank you for listening😥 😢 😖

I am so glad you posted this .... because trust me ... you are not alone!! I could have written this myself.

I did great last year .. losing over 25 pounds. Last Halloween is what got me off track. And almost this entire year, I am struggling to get it back. Yes, I am fortunate that I have not regained what I had lost, but I have not lost anything either - I have just maintained. But I still have at least 20 pounds to lose. I do great for about 3-4 days. Then, like you said, "just for today" I eat junk stuff. Telling myself that once it is gone, then I will get back on track. That it is OK to finish up that box of ice cream, because then tomorrow there will not be any temptations left. Well. ... when it is gone, I have those cravings again ... and go and buy more .. whether it be candy corn, or Reeses Peanut Butter cups like I did today, ice cream, etc.

But .... I am not going to give up, and I hope you don't either.

You have done so great to lose weight .... you did it once, you know you can do it again. I read that success brings success. One good day will lead to another good day. I am so proud of you for what you have accomplished ... look at where you were, and all that you have accomplished since 2015. That is something to be very proud of!

You can do this. You (and I) can turn it around, and tell ourselves that tomorrow, " Just for Today", we will have those 5 servings of veggies. We will drink those 8+ cups of water. We will stop and think before we eat something. We will try and plan a day ahead what we will eat. We will go outside and take that short little 15 minute walk. We will not give up. And if we fail, we will try again the next day.

Your honestly is what has helped me tonite to also admit where I am. I know I am a compulsive, emotional eater. This is what makes it hard for so many of us. If I would only eat when I am hungry, and eat healthy food. But I eat when I am sad, when I am upset, when anything stresses me. And then, like you, I tell myself that it was just for today ... that tomorrow will be different.

Please come and post again. This is a thread where we all can say honestly what is going on in our lives. It is a place to vent. It is a place to be honest. And it is a place where we keep on trying ... and never give up. We are all here for each other.

It is a place for the most amazing support .... and the most amazing online friends. So please come back!

<3

Omgosh I am late reading this but it really touched me. Thank you for your post and your honesty and your encouraging words. They mean a lot to me!!!!!

It does feel good to hear (technically read) that someone else goes through this. Thank you so much.
    13. toaljasa
      Options
      @toaljasa I hadn't thought of it as "say YES to the dress!" I love it! I do have it out and hanging on the end of my wardrobe (and I tried it on last night!) It's also an older dress. I wore it to a holiday party before my son was born, and I wore it again about 18 months ago (when I was at 154, instead of my current 170). I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers to measure progress by clothing instead of scale (or at least prefers a combo of the two).

JFT - Thursday
      1. Log everything
      2. Stay under 1500-ish calories
      3. Do my ab workout!

My mom's coming into town tonight and Hubby will be home tomorrow night. It's going to be a crazy 4 days, but when isn't life crazy?

Oh, I am definitely a scale watcher, lol! Perhaps not after I reach my target but right now I am, and I'm okay with that. It's what works. Alright, so I want to encourage you to not let Mom's visit and Hubby's return to distract and derail. You can still make decisions that will move you along on this sprint, and have everyone's tummies happy!

Peace and joy
    14. cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
      Options
      Recap 9/19 W ~ Happy Hump Day! :D
      1) Walked dog before work 3.78 mi 1:03:32 (LED lights on vest stopped working :'( silly me ~ I didn't realize LED had teeny tiny rechargeable port! Hubby recharged that & dog's collar for me <3) & saw 1 bunny / stretched after = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,172 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 40 floors :smiley:
      3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water = Fine all day, then while cooking dinner, snacked on too much cheese (which I love) & Tostitos (both part of the recipe). :s THEN succumbed to snack attack of Brookside dark chocolate! >:) Net calories -432 :( , sodium green (what?), sugar -30 (yikes), fiber & protein excellent & 12c water :s
      4) Evening to-do list = Cable man at door during cooking, took time to review plans. Organized paperwork from last few days' appts. That was enough. :|
      5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: dozed on couch w/ Kitty napping on me, not sure why I'm in this pattern :D / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:20 :smiley: (may be rest day R due to weather)

JFT 9/20 R ~ Rainy day = planned rest day + sad dog
      1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
      2) Meals & snacks prelogged (leftovers & eat up produce day) / net calories w/i 100 green / 12c water
      3) Evening: choir / check hummingbird feeder & refill if needed / wash dishes / read Sunday ads / more to-do's?
      4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog F before work weather permitting ~ we're in very rainy pattern)

@toaljasa Welcome back, you've been missed! Thank you for sharing Joshua 1:9 ~ I need to be reminded of that!

@maryrobinson40 Prayers for your daughter and you! Hugs!!!

BTW, I am pear shaped. Not crazy about it, but what can you do? Hahaha :D
    15. Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
      Options
      JFT - Wednesday Sept 19
      2L of Water - :) 2.25
      Calories in Green by 150 - :) 179
      Outside 15 Minutes - :)
      Only 1 evening snack - :/ Had a slice of toast and a piece of cheese too
      5 Fruits and Veggies - :) 4/5
      Exercise for 30 Minutes - :) Walked for 46 Minutes
      Move every hour at work - :/ 4/6 but for one hour I actually cleaned so moved almost the full hour
      Write in Journal - :) I hadn't written in my journal for 12 days

Fruits and Veggies
      Sept 1st - 0/5
      Sept 2nd - 3/5
      Sept 3rd - 4/5
      Sept 4 - 5/5
      Sept 5 - 5/5
      Sept 6 - 4/5
      Sept 7 - 0/5
      Sept 8 - 1/5
      Sept 9 - 2/5
      Sept 10 - 2/5
      Sept 11 - 3/5
      Sept 12 - 2/5
      Sept 13 - 6/5
      Sept 14 - 3/5
      Sept 15 - 1/5
      Sept 16 - 1/5
      Sept 17 - 2/5
      Sept 18 - 4/5
      Sept 19 - 4/5

Well yesterday was better goal wise. I am struggling with my mood! I am angry! I even had trouble falling asleep last night because I was angry. I know I mentioned last week my husband didn't do anything for my birthday, I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt, making excuses for him. I think I really need to talk to him tonight, the anger is starting to take over and I know myself and if I don't deal with this I will blow and say a lot of things in a mean way instead of just saying it calmly. I think I was letting him off with it, because I have had other things he kept telling me he was going to do, but those things haven't happened either! My habit of not saying anything when they bother me has been an issue for years, he always tells me if I just talked it wouldn't get so big and end up in a big fight. It is the fights I dread, I hate "rocking the boat" but I think I need to do it. We'll see how calmly I can do this tonight. Now I have to decide if I should do it before or after he hangs my shelf I've been wanting him to do for a couple of nights. I usually just do these things myself, but this shelf is almost as long as I am tall so I need an extra set of hands to help.

I have to share a Grand story because I think we can all use a smile. Michaela loves dancing, she has been dancing since before she could actually walk. She would stand against the furniture and wiggle her little bottom. Last summer we found two Barbie DVD's at a yard sale. Barbie and the Pink Shoes and Barbie Swan Lake. These are her favourites and she will watch them daily. Over the last week as soon as she puts her little tutu on she calls herself Odette, the Swan Princess. She wears her tutu over everything, her pajamas, her regular clothes or just her diaper. Last night at my house after supper she went to look for her tutu, however she hadn't worn it or brought it with her. She was so upset. We of course told her she could dance without her tutu, but she's 2 and wasn't having it. She ended up being distracted by other toys in the box. I guess when you can't be a dancer you must be a carpenter.

a9xqizzub5rq.jpg

16. Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
      Options
      @HEGoddard0928 - I try to make things work in my head and finagle with myself and I end up screwing it all up in the long run because I just stop caring! - I had to chuckle at this, my youngest daughter and I do this all the time it is a very annoying trait to have. When shopping though it comes in handy, we can justify any purchase. That shirt cost $50.00, well if I wear it 5 times that's only 10.00 per wear. I'll wear it more than that, probably about 50 times so really that's only 1.00 per wear. Maybe even more, that's less than 1.00.... we better buy it right now!
      Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!

@maryrobinson40 - Oh your poor daughter. I will pray that all of the meds soon leave her system and she is back to her normal self.

@MLS1582 - I measure by scale and by clothes. I really need to start trusting it more though. I bought two new shirts for myself a couple weeks ago and I still bought XL, I think I could have gotten a L.

@toaljasa - That's a great idea trying the dress on every few pounds. When is your son's wedding?

@mytime6630 - I would be so excited to see my old friends. My oldest friend and I have been friends since Grade 2. We have been friends for 43 years now.

@bctrai - Look at all the smiles!

@Bex953172 - Look at you go, water and in the green!

@clicketykeys - Your to do list is getting shorter isn't it?

@PackerFanInGB - Where are you? Hope you are doing OK. Were you shocked at the finalist's for AGT last night? I couldn't believe it!