@slittlemeister : Thanks
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Thought of the day: Why are babies so good at pick-pocketing :lol:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!! The good news is, I didn't gain back every pound I shed before Thanksgiving! However,
    I did gain 2 pounds from eating every day. Too many collard greens.... Lol…. So, I'm not at all
    upset about it because I ate well, and said NO to the right things.
    Bad news, my blood pressure was at its highest yesterday... 181/97.
    Stress level was up after some disturbing news from my 28 yr. old daughter. Prayed about it.
    Doc says I need a change of atmosphere.. I totally agree.
    JFT
    TAKE GREAT NIECES TO THE BUS STOP
    PICK UP, AND TAKE MIDDLE DAUGHTER TO HER APPOINTMENT
    MINDFUL EATING
    WORK ON CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
    DRINK 4 WATER
    EXERCISE
    READ
    DO SOME ONLINE SEARCHING FOR PRICES
    GET TO BED EARLY
    MAKE SURE ALL MEDS ARE TAKEN
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge - red cup and fives! TAKE SHOES AND TSHIRT.
    2. Finish Week 18. Duo. Blog post. Review weekly project. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Check on sub for 2/7 and 2/8 as well as 2/28, 3/1, 3/4. Dr appts March? April? DOUBLE CHECK WEEK 17. REPRINT. Request 7-8 from DD and fill out form; check with DP on 28-1. Submit conference request; SAVE A DIGITAL COPY.
    3. Class 2-3: Present Machiavelli projects. Reflection 45. WM ch 2. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Headbandz. Reflection 45. Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review S2 plans. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Quiz. Write blog comments. Draft essay. Put laundry away. How We Learn p. 130-180. Check black bag for phone!
    7. Strength 4:30. Add 'headpins and eyepins' to grocery list. Make plans for next week's meals and update grocery list. Check with D about days off - 2/28 and 3/1 or 3/1 and 3/4? Check about angel tree.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Soup plus. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:05.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge: Red cup and fives!
    2. Check standards on week 17. PARENT CALLS ABOUT MISSING WORK. Check with DK about conference. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April? Put poetry quiz into Google Forms. Blog post. Duo. Finish Week 18 draft. Email about conference program. Check on when proposals will be finished.
    3. Class 2-3: WM ch 3. Introduce project. Reflection 46. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Note: All late work by 11/30. ** Talk to JW about KB and whether or not Honors is a good idea for next term.
    4. Class 4: Headbandz. Update class websites. Project work: type paragraphs. NEED MORE SCAFFOLDING! 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review S2 plans. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Meet with M after school about KW. Dishes.
    7. Zumba 5:30. Discuss meals for next week. Check on angel tree - get ticket. Finish How We Learn.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Jewelry - check on headpins and eyepins. Check on black/orange jewelry and see what color of metal is used.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler,
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
    11. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning to All,

RECAP Wednesday 11/28/18

Hit 8,000 steps :) It was a mostly sit down day at work but I managed to make 8.035 steps.
    5 somethings every bathroom break :) It’s getting easier every time. I’m now doing this at home; it’s been easier at work b/c I welcome the break from my computer and I’m mindful about moving when I go to the restroom. The trick is moving before anyone else comes into the bathroom and wonders what’s going on in the stall next to them
    Sit down for every bite :) Yup, even if it’s to sip water.
    Give myself credit :) This one is hard. I’ve never been my own cheerleader but it’s never too late to start.

Something interesting happened last night. I had an early lunch and got home EXHAUSTED and ravenous. I did eat over my calories for the day (304 in the red to be exact) BUT, as soon as I ate I felt totally re-energized. I think that for the first time I’m able to see the connection between EATING AND FUELING the body. It felt really good b/c I had the energy to prep today’s lunch and do a couple of other things that I’m typically too tired to do when I get home from work. I wake up early (4:30 am) b/c I’m a morning person so when I get home at 6:00’ish, I’m totally wiped out. It was a surprising feeling for me and I think it all rolls into the “mindfulness” that the Beck book places so much emphasis on.

A propos, I’m on Day 6 now: Find a Diet Coach. I’ve thought about this and can’t seem to find anyone around me whom I would like to ask so, like some others on this thread, I’m making myself accountable to y’all. I think this would work great for me. We are after all on the same journey and each one of us knows about the struggles and successes. Needless to say there are no judgements so I feel totally comfortable with sharing and being held accountable by the group.

Sooo, JFT Thursday 11/29/18
    Hit 10,000 steps
    5 somethings every bathroom break
    Sit down with every bite
    Eat slowly and mindfully
    Give myself credit

Y’all have a great Thursday and stay warm if you live where you have real winters :o
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning to All,

RECAP Wednesday 11/28/18

Hit 8,000 steps :) It was a mostly sit down day at work but I managed to make 8.035 steps.
    5 somethings every bathroom break :) It’s getting easier every time. I’m now doing this at home; it’s been easier at work b/c I welcome the break from my computer and I’m mindful about moving when I go to the restroom. The trick is moving before anyone else comes into the bathroom and wonders what’s going on in the stall next to them
    Sit down for every bite :) Yup, even if it’s to sip water.
    Give myself credit :) This one is hard. I’ve never been my own cheerleader but it’s never too late to start.

Something interesting happened last night. I had an early lunch and got home EXHAUSTED and ravenous. I did eat over my calories for the day (304 in the red to be exact) BUT, as soon as I ate I felt totally re-energized. I think that for the first time I’m able to see the connection between EATING AND FUELING the body. It felt really good b/c I had the energy to prep today’s lunch and do a couple of other things that I’m typically too tired to do when I get home from work. I wake up early (4:30 am) b/c I’m a morning person so when I get home at 6:00’ish, I’m totally wiped out. It was a surprising feeling for me and I think it all rolls into the “mindfulness” that the Beck book places so much emphasis on.

A propos, I’m on Day 6 now: Find a Diet Coach. I’ve thought about this and can’t seem to find anyone around me whom I would like to ask so, like some others on this thread, I’m making myself accountable to y’all. I think this would work great for me. We are after all on the same journey and each one of us knows about the struggles and successes. Needless to say there are no judgements so I feel totally comfortable with sharing and being held accountable by the group.

Sooo, JFT Thursday 11/29/18
    Hit 10,000 steps
    5 somethings every bathroom break
    Sit down with every bite
    Eat slowly and mindfully
    Give myself credit

Y’all have a great Thursday and stay warm if you live where you have real winters :o

This group is the BEST diet coach I've ever had. It feels different when your surrounded by people who not only push you to be better but lift you up in the process! Also that is so great that you are finding you have more energy already!!! I like the sit down for every bite, I need to work on this too.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge - red cup and fives! TAKE SHOES AND TSHIRT.
    2. Finish Week 18. Duo. Blog post. Review weekly project. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Check on sub for 2/7 and 2/8 as well as 2/28, 3/1, 3/4. Dr appts March? April? DOUBLE CHECK WEEK 17. REPRINT. Request 7-8 from DD and fill out form; check with DP on 28-1. Submit conference request; SAVE A DIGITAL COPY.
    3. Class 2-3: Present Machiavelli projects. Reflection 45. WM ch 2. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Headbandz. Reflection 45. Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    6. Quiz. Write blog comments. Draft essay. Put laundry away. How We Learn p. 130-180. Check black bag for phone!
    7. Strength 4:30. Add 'headpins and eyepins' to grocery list. Make plans for next week's meals and update grocery list. Check with D about days off - 2/28 and 3/1 or 3/1 and 3/4? Check about angel tree.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Soup plus. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:05.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge: Red cup and fives!
    2. Check standards on week 17. PARENT CALLS ABOUT MISSING WORK. Check with DK about conference. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April? Put poetry quiz into Google Forms. Blog post. Duo. Finish Week 18 draft. Email about conference program. Check on when proposals will be finished.
    3. Class 2-3: WM ch 3. Introduce project. Reflection 46. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Note: All late work by 11/30. ** Talk to JW about KB and whether or not Honors is a good idea for next term.
    4. Class 4: Headbandz. Update class websites. Project work: type paragraphs. NEED MORE SCAFFOLDING! 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Meet with M after school about KW. Dishes.
    7. Zumba 5:30. Discuss meals for next week. Check on angel tree - get ticket. Finish How We Learn.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Jewelry - check on headpins and eyepins. Check on black/orange jewelry and see what color of metal is used.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler,
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
    11. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.

Teachers are superheros - that is all!
  • AJB1014
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Good Morning All!!! The good news is, I didn't gain back every pound I shed before Thanksgiving! However,
    I did gain 2 pounds from eating every day. Too many collard greens.... Lol…. So, I'm not at all
    upset about it because I ate well, and said NO to the right things.
    Bad news, my blood pressure was at its highest yesterday... 181/97.
    Stress level was up after some disturbing news from my 28 yr. old daughter. Prayed about it.
    Doc says I need a change of atmosphere.. I totally agree.
    JFT
    TAKE GREAT NIECES TO THE BUS STOP
    PICK UP, AND TAKE MIDDLE DAUGHTER TO HER APPOINTMENT
    MINDFUL EATING
    WORK ON CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
    DRINK 4 WATER
    EXERCISE
    READ
    DO SOME ONLINE SEARCHING FOR PRICES
    GET TO BED EARLY
    MAKE SURE ALL MEDS ARE TAKEN

Proud of you for your Thanksgiving victories! Sorry to hear about the stress and blood pressure though - if only we could all hop on a JFT cruise ship for some R&R!!! In the meantime you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers xo and OMG I just read your post from yesterday and you've got me dying laughing - I would love to hang out and laugh with you and your girls.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Hi All!

I just found this thread, it looks like something I could really benefit from - a way of making sure to focus on each day.

Just for today, Thursday:

1. Drink more than four glasses of water
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes
    3. Stick to my shopping list
    4. Forgive myself for recent poor choices to stop the sabotage cycle
    5. Avoid Wine
    6. Update debt spreadsheet/make extra payments
    7. Consider tomorrow's goals.

I already love this - thinking about today and tomorrow's goals rather than the huge goal of losing three stone!

Hi! Welcome! It's totally helped me achieve my goals that felt impossible when I was going it alone and only looking at the big picture. Happy to have you join :)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @Faebert Thanks for the reminder that its ok to take a breath - we can be our own worst critics!!! You've been busy busy too, thinking of you!!!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday, 11/28/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Shovel the driveway (it's that time of year again) :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :)

JFT (Thursday, 11/29/18) --> Started dating my husband 26 years ago today. <3
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have that list of the food cravings and what emotion it represents.

Getting a chocolate problem lol!
  • AJB1014
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Prelog what you can :)
    2. WATER WATER WATER!!! :)
    3. Cook dinner at home - Pork, mashed potatoes, green beans :)
    4. Empty/fill dishwasher >:)
    5. 10 Lunges/bathroom trip - these are SO hard for me right now! But I remember when squats were so hard too and now they are easy so I'm excited to make progress! :) SO SORE
    6. One load of laundry - socks! :)
    7. Hang clean laundry :)
    8. Bed by 9:30 :)
    9. Take fish oil after dinner - I've thought about it a few times in the evening and just not done it although I should be - my morning habit is solid again, time to work on evening dose! :) Wait did I do this? I think so...just double checked log and remembered that I logged it, forgot to take it, then remembered I'd logged it in my journal and wanted to be accountable so I took it!

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Fish oil :)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Elderberry :)
    4. Glass of water :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. WATER!!!
    3. Make plan to get stove home by Fri 3PM
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. 15 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher
    7. Put away laundry
    8. One load of laundry
    9. DH quality time
    10. Bed by 9:30
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Does anyone have that list of the food cravings and what emotion it represents.

Getting a chocolate problem lol!

Chocolate cravings are usually magnesium related for me - I drink this stuff before bed and it not only knocks me out but I only require 1 piece of dark chocolate per day to survive now instead of an entire candy bar! It's also been helping a lot with racing thoughts before bed.

http://naturalvitality.com/natural-calm-faqs/
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 - smashing it on the activity front! Boom indeed!
    Thank you! For those with no tracker, or another type of tracker, when Fitbit recognizes that I completed all my designated hours with 250+ steps, the app literally shows Boom! Just a little fun (and challenge) on my way to an active day.

@Faebert and @clicketykeys I am always amazed at all the activities on your JFT lists. You rock!

jeschepp wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 Look at all those smileys! Nice work not eating the samples!
    Thanks to you, too! I suffer from FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and free food/drink samples are so hard for me to resist. Especially sweets & alcohol.

@slittlemeister and @Snowflake1968 Good luck on the job applications!

@TimeToReduceFat Whenever I try to meditate, I use the Calm app (free version ~ thanks @Saragirl2!) or a YouTube video. If I can actually get myself to sit through it, I feel relaxed and refreshed. But I often find myself wandering. I learned an acronym for MINDFUL a while back: Meditate / Interpret differently / Non-judgmental / Discover things about self / Forgive ~ grudges do no good / Urge surf ~ don't react automatically, make conscious choices / Look after self. Other tips I learned: Find a quiet place to sit. Focus on breath. Beware of mind wandering. Be present in the moment; if/when wayward thoughts start, begin again. Just breathe.

@maryrobinson Hugs to you, dear girl!

Welcome newbies! This is a great community for support and accountability in a very non-judgmental way. I love JFT!

Have a great day, all.
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: drink 3L of water and start eating when physically hungry
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Recap W 11/28
    1) Another pre-sunrise w/ single digit wind chill but I know that once roads are snow- and ice-covered, walks will be treadmill only so... walked dog before work / 3.52 mi 1:03:56 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 18,370 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 60 floors :smiley:
    3) Nov. challenge 5 somethings every bathroom trip... Dare I say this is starting to become habit? Not every time of course, but good enough! :smiley:
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 14c water = Had to swap lunch plans when I realized bread was starting to mold, but worked out ok, even got rid of more leftovers. And have been doing well with NO evening snacking ~ yay! Net calories & sodium green :smiley: , sugar -25 (fruits/veggies, skyr & 1 portion pumpkin bread), fiber excellent (yay), protein good (yay), 14c water (yay)
    5) Evening to-do's = got lots done: 2 loads laundry, even took everything upstairs & put away :D / digital decluttering ~ yay / washed dishes :smiley: / meal planned & grocery list :smile:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: almost / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & TV OFF 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog before work Th ~ light snow predicted but s/b ok)

JFT R 11/29 ~ Felt exhausted when early alarm went off, so reset & slept 1 hour more & rest day = sad dog. And this morning it's snowing lightly, so if roads remain slippery, I will resort to treadmill in our basement = sad me. I've had enough slip and falls in past winters, don't need anymore.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Nov. challenge 5 somethings every bathroom trip / I think I will keep this challenge in future months!
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water
    4) Evening: gas in car / pick up Sat. race packet / choir 6:30 / grocery shop after choir / replace batteries in treadmill / other to-do's?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (workout before work F ~ maybe walk dog if roads ok, otherwise home version weights & circuit-training)