JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 - smashing it on the activity front! Boom indeed!
    Thank you! For those with no tracker, or another type of tracker, when Fitbit recognizes that I completed all my designated hours with 250+ steps, the app literally shows Boom! Just a little fun (and challenge) on my way to an active day.

@Faebert and @clicketykeys I am always amazed at all the activities on your JFT lists. You rock!

jeschepp wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 Look at all those smileys! Nice work not eating the samples!
    Thanks to you, too! I suffer from FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and free food/drink samples are so hard for me to resist. Especially sweets & alcohol.

@slittlemeister and @Snowflake1968 Good luck on the job applications!

@TimeToReduceFat Whenever I try to meditate, I use the Calm app (free version ~ thanks @Saragirl2!) or a YouTube video. If I can actually get myself to sit through it, I feel relaxed and refreshed. But I often find myself wandering. I learned an acronym for MINDFUL a while back: Meditate / Interpret differently / Non-judgmental / Discover things about self / Forgive ~ grudges do no good / Urge surf ~ don't react automatically, make conscious choices / Look after self. Other tips I learned: Find a quiet place to sit. Focus on breath. Beware of mind wandering. Be present in the moment; if/when wayward thoughts start, begin again. Just breathe.

@maryrobinson Hugs to you, dear girl!

Welcome newbies! This is a great community for support and accountability in a very non-judgmental way. I love JFT!

Have a great day, all.

Thank you

• TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    1. Do 1 Min plank, side & front. Reduced it since I can't manage 2 min. I have become so unfit. 👎
    2. Walk for 3 Km minimum 👎
    3. Do sudharshana kriya 👎
    4. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food - Came to 55 👎
    5. Complete learning incoterms 👎

JFT Friday (30.11.18):
    1. Walk for min 3 Km
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JFY (Thursday, 11/29/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :neutral::neutral:

JFT (Friday, 11/30/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day

4b9e7kqte5vn.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge: Red cup and fives!
    2. Check standards on week 17. PARENT CALLS ABOUT MISSING WORK. Check with DK about conference. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April? Put poetry quiz into Google Forms. Blog post. Duo. Finish Week 18 draft. Email about conference program. Check on when proposals will be finished.
    3. Class 2-3: WM ch 3. Introduce project. Reflection 46. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Note: All late work by 11/30. ** Talk to JW about KB and whether or not Honors is a good idea for next term.
    4. Class 4: Headbandz. Update class websites. Project work: type paragraphs. NEED MORE SCAFFOLDING! 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review S2 plans. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Meet with M after school about KW. Dishes. Look for strength plans.
    7. Zumba 5:30. Discuss meals for next week. Check on angel tree - get ticket (move to Saturday). Finish How We Learn.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: BBQ salad. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Friday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge: Red cup and fives! Send eraser cloth to school. Put sign on library door; book club meets in my room. Finish How We Learn.
    2. Finish week 18. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April? Put poetry quiz into Google Forms. Blog post. Duo. Still need to set up with gastro. Put book posters on bulletin board.
    3. Class 2-3: WM ch 4; project work. No reflection. Remind: All late work TODAY; will still be accepted but not guaranteed after today.
    4. Class 4: Headbandz. Project work. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write reflection essay. BE SURE YOU HAVE CORDS. TAKE ALL GRADING.
    6. Update class websites! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Zumba 4:30 new location. Ask D about angel tree; pick up ticket Saturday. Choose meals; update grocery list. Shopping Saturday.
    8. Draft weekly essay. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Jewelry - check on headpins and eyepins. Check on black/orange jewelry and see what color of metal is used.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler,
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), Matilda (Dahl), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
    11. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Drink more than four glasses of water :smile: had 6
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes: :smile: did an hour
    3. Stick to my shopping list :-1: Spent Double!! Although I did solve half of the dilemma of what to buy my baby niece for Christmas!
    4. Forgive myself for recent poor choices to stop the sabotage cycle :smiley:
    5. Avoid Wine :-1: Only had one glass so I'm forgiving myself that!
    6. Update debt spreadsheet/make extra payments :-1: but that's ok!
    7. Consider tomorrow's goals: :blush: Happily planned for today

Just For Today - Friday:

1. Eat less calories than yesterday (I made bad choices last night)
    2. Rein in the spending!!
    3. Swim or walk for at least 30 minutes
    4. Drink more than five glasses of water
    5. Contact theatre requesting refund
    6. Tidy the messy drawer
    6. Hoover / Clean kitchen / Refuel Car & Buy Cat Litter
    7. Continue forgiving myself (this feels so good!)
    8. Consider tomorrow's goals

I LOVE your kind self talk!!! Keep up the good work :)
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Good and Happy Friday Morning to All :)

RECAP Thursday 11/29/18
    Hit 10,000 steps :) 11,537
    5 somethings every bathroom break :)
    Sit down with every bite :) Most of the time.
    Eat slowly and mindfully :) Most of the time
    Give myself credit :) Better than the day before.

JFT 11/30/18
    Hit 8000 steps
    Sit down with every bite
    Eat slowly and mindfully
    Give myself credit
    Post to this thread my gains and losses (no pun intended)

Noteworthy: I couldn’t resist the temptation to get on the scale today (my weigh in day should be Saturdays) and lo and behold, I had gone up .8 lbs. I actually feel lighter and my clothes fit better, that’s why I was so confident about weighing in today :) . I guess I’m building muscle b/c I’ve been dutiful with my exercising? Or maybe water weight? Who knows.

I had an internal dialogue (trying to sabotage things) for about ½ hour. Exercising helped and then I realized that I wasn’t DISCOURAGED I was more DISAPPOINTED and to me those are different. I guess not being discouraged comes from what I’ve been reading on this thread and the Beck Book so that’s a half a battle won :) . Soo, I’ll take the disappointment with a grain of salt and just PARK IT AND MOVE ON :) . BTW, I got on the scale after exercising and I had gone up another .2 so not sure what’s up with that. >:)

On a very positive note, I resisted the temptation to eat an apple strudel last night :) . It took me a while but between going over in my head through some of your experiences, the Advantages of Losing Weight list and the little voice asking “who will win, your resistance muscle or your give in muscle?” from Beck, I overcame all temptation and sailed free and clear from that rough wave :) . My resistance muscle has started to speak up! :) (A Gain!)

Then, this morning, I read Day 6: Arrange your Environment, and it clicked! My temptation is always on top of the fridge: the pastries that my DH loves for his lunch snacks. So I went and stuffed that strudel in the freezer to make it harder for me but still have it available for him when he wants it :) . I was so happy to have found such an easy fix for something I’ve been battling for I don’t know how long. Half of the time I don’t even like the pastries! It’s just the convenience of having them so readily available and the craving for something sweet and doughy when I'm tired and Will Power is taking a nap :s . It was a good AHA moment indeed. (A Gain!).

Y'all have a lovely Friday. <3 I'm so glad the weekend is ahead! B)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. WATER!!! :)
    3. Make plan to get stove home by Fri 3PM :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. 15 Wall push ups/bathroom trip :)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher o:) DH did it
    7. Put away laundry :)
    8. One load of laundry >:)
    9. DH quality time :)<3
    10. Bed by 9:30 :)

NSV yesterday were huge for me - I was REALLY anxious. Work stress has been ramping up, and I was starting to vibrate holding onto all of it. My office is like the unofficial meeting area for some reason people just congregate in it - DH and I work together - I'm rarely ever alone, but it's something I NEED. I'm an only child, have lived by myself for years prior, and my work roles have typically been self guided singular roles. So now, working with a team, being with DH all hours of the day (which I DO NOT dislike - I actually enjoy working together now that we've figured out boundaries), and having a tenant at our new property too - I've failed to plan for that solidarity that I crave. Fortunately for me, DH dragged it out of my at lunch yesterday when he asked if he was bothering me. My totally conflict avoidance, hard time telling the truth if I think it will hurt someones feelings self mustered up the courage to say YES I NEED SOME ALONE TIME! Not because "he was bothering me" but because EVERYTHING in life was just getting to loud for me. We got home and DH flipped the TV on and I LOST MY MIND because the news just sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. All the tension came pouring out of me that moment in the form of tears - but it was the good kind, the cries that help move the emotions thru me so I can move on. DH and I were able to connect about a lot of things that have been a little stagnant. I feel better and I feel proud for speaking my truths and working to improve my communication skills! Honestly just sharing that was pretty scary but I love you gals, so thanks xo

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Pay mortgage
    5. Empty/fill dishwasher
    6. Mini meal plan
    7. Small essentials grocery list
    8. Leave work by 2
    9. Get air mattress from apartment
    10. 10 leg swings/bathroom trip

JFT Sat AM
    1. BE PRESENT
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish oil
    4. Elderberry
    5. Glass of water
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

NSV yesterday were huge for me - I was REALLY anxious. Work stress has been ramping up, and I was starting to vibrate holding onto all of it. My office is like the unofficial meeting area for some reason people just congregate in it - DH and I work together - I'm rarely ever alone, but it's something I NEED. I'm an only child, have lived by myself for years prior, and my work roles have typically been self guided singular roles. So now, working with a team, being with DH all hours of the day (which I DO NOT dislike - I actually enjoy working together now that we've figured out boundaries), and having a tenant at our new property too - I've failed to plan for that solidarity that I crave. Fortunately for me, DH dragged it out of my at lunch yesterday when he asked if he was bothering me. My totally conflict avoidance, hard time telling the truth if I think it will hurt someones feelings self mustered up the courage to say YES I NEED SOME ALONE TIME! Not because "he was bothering me" but because EVERYTHING in life was just getting to loud for me. We got home and DH flipped the TV on and I LOST MY MIND because the news just sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. All the tension came pouring out of me that moment in the form of tears - but it was the good kind, the cries that help move the emotions thru me so I can move on. DH and I were able to connect about a lot of things that have been a little stagnant. I feel better and I feel proud for speaking my truths and working to improve my communication skills! Honestly just sharing that was pretty scary but I love you gals, so thanks xo

Good job voicing your feelings!! I can COMPLETELY relate to the need for alone time. I'm also an only child who has generally worked in jobs where I was on my own most of the time. I like being around people, but I also then need to have lots of solitude to re-group.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »

Good job voicing your feelings!! I can COMPLETELY relate to the need for alone time. I'm also an only child who has generally worked in jobs where I was on my own most of the time. I like being around people, but I also then need to have lots of solitude to re-group.

Thank you! <3 Yes, exactly! I'm not neccesarily an introvert just need that re-grouping time like you said!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    @Sofia_Alegria - I just wanted to comment on your scale dilemma.
    I too used to get so discouraged by what the scale said and at times couldn’t resist stepping on it when it wasn’t my scheduled time.

I now weigh daily, every single morning right after I get up and after I use the washroom, this has helped me learn my body’s fluctuations. If I have high sodium food and not enough water it shows as a gain for 2 days without fail. I track my daily weight on an excel sheet and do averages over 7 days, 10 days and monthly. This proves to me I am losing fairly consistently even when it feels the scale isn’t moving. It’s helped me not be as discouraged in myself too.

I measure the 1st of every month before I get dressed. I have found even when the weight loss is small some months the inches are still going.

Just thought I would share because sometimes the scale is just a grumpy old man and doesn’t want to be nice!
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968
    Thanks ever so much for the excellent advice. I'm going to try that! Thanks again <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    My eldest got her part in the school nativity today, she's a narrator.
    She only has one line which is "The three Kings were in the desert. They followed a sparkly star to see baby Jesus"

So we did some practice. I had to stop when she started saying "The three Kings were in the desert and they all had willies on their heads!"

I'm hoping, no, PRAYING she doesn't say that in the actual play!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Recap R 11/29 ~ Felt exhausted when early alarm went off, so reset & slept 1 hour more & rest day = sad dog. And this morning it's snowing lightly, so if roads remain slippery, I will resort to treadmill in our basement = sad me. I've had enough slip and falls in past winters, don't need any more.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,369 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 36 floors ~ happy w/ that for rest day! :smiley:
    2) Nov. challenge 5 somethings every bathroom trip / I think I will keep this challenge in future months! = :smiley: most of the time
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water = Late evening I was hungry after all the running around, so ate 1 piece cranberry orange bread ~ unplanned, but felt I needed something. Net calories -187 :/ , sodium -200, sugar -19, fiber & protein excellent (yay) & 14c water (yay)
    4) Evening: gas in car :smiley: / pick up Sat. race packet :smiley: / choir 6:30 :smiley: / grocery shop after choir :smiley: plus shopped for hubby gift... finally got home 9pm ~ brought everything inside & put in its place including multiple trips to basement for storage... finished 9:30 / replace batteries in treadmill late & tired / other to-do's? put away clean dishes :smiley:
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :/ see #4 / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :/ 10:45? (workout before work F ~ maybe walk dog if roads ok, otherwise home version weights & circuit-training)

JFT F 11/30 ~ Neighborhood & side roads were not treated with salt/brine and are icy from yesterday's snow & freezing drizzle which was compacted by cars = no more dog walks & sad dog / sad me :'(
    1) Very disappointed dog when I went to basement ~ did home version weights / circuit-training before work / 22 min. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work ~ additional stairs break to basement cafeteria this morning for debrief of unannounced active shooter drill
    3) Nov. challenge 5 somethings every bathroom trip / def going to keep doing this (try for 50%)
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / evening snack ONLY if net calories still green / 14c water
    5) Evening: make soup / wash towels (start as soon as get home) / prep clothes for Sat. a.m. 5K / arrange car trunk for birdseed order pick-up Sat.
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (breakfast by 7:30 & leave by 8:15)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    @Sofia_Alegria One other reason your weight can go up is due to water retention in your muscles ~ that happens after exercise to allow muscles to repair / heal. If you're interested, there is a 10 day challenge where MFP users weigh themselves daily and post, similar to JFT. I used to do that challenge, but the daily posting on two community threads got to be too much. When I was doing it, I read others' posts and learned that daily fluctuations are completely normal. Here's a link if you want: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10708275/just-give-me-10-days-round-60#latest

@Faebert This message may be too late already, but I hope you have a wonderful weekend get-away with the bf. HaPpY BiRtHdAy!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Yesterday:

2. Rein in the spending!!

Double bolded in bright red colours.... how do you do this at this time of year? It seems I am bleeding money right now and can't make it stop!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

We are twins!!! I am so proud of you for speaking up I know all too well how much effort that takes when you are the type to not worry about someone's feelings. I usually allow it to go on so long that I blow and spew all over the place at the tiniest thing and Rodger is left sitting there wondering what the *ell happened! Thanks for sharing, I think sharing our truths on here is helping each and everyone one of us to be better people and more successful humans!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My eldest got her part in the school nativity today, she's a narrator.
    She only has one line which is "The three Kings were in the desert. They followed a sparkly star to see baby Jesus"

So we did some practice. I had to stop when she started saying "The three Kings were in the desert and they all had willies on their heads!"

I'm hoping, no, PRAYING she doesn't say that in the actual play!

Oh my goodness! LOL I love children's concerts they are so much fun!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Sofia_Alegria One other reason your weight can go up is due to water retention in your muscles ~ that happens after exercise to allow muscles to repair / heal. If you're interested, there is a 10 day challenge where MFP users weigh themselves daily and post, similar to JFT. I used to do that challenge, but the daily posting on two community threads got to be too much. When I was doing it, I read others' posts and learned that daily fluctuations are completely normal. Here's a link if you want: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10708275/just-give-me-10-days-round-60#latest

@Faebert This message may be too late already, but I hope you have a wonderful weekend get-away with the bf. HaPpY BiRtHdAy!

I have been doing this challenge too, I don't take time to read all the posts because it's so busy, but I do post in there every day.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Nov 29
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in Green - >:)>:)>:) - The less said the better. I let the stress get to me yesterday and just wanted all the carbs!!!!
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/ Well I only had one snack but it was so big it lasted all evening.....
    5 something at bathroom break - >:)
    5 fruit/veggie - >:) Not one fruit or veggie passed my lips yesterday
    Walk 1 mile - >:)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - I have forgiven myself and moved on!

JFT - Friday Nov 30
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Well all I can say is "IT'S FRIDAY"!!!!!

I have gotten the new winter tires on the car, finally. Found out that the ones coming off aren't good enough to put back on in the spring so that will be another expense, but for a later day. Hubby replaced the shocks that hold the tailgate up so that won't conk me on the head and we found out the problem we've had 5 mechanics look at might only be a $200 fix! It will have to wait until after Christmas now. It's been an ongoing issue for 2 or more years a few more weeks won't hurt.

One of my best friends is sitting at the hospital in the waiting room after being brought in by ambulance. She thinks she is having a reaction to a new medication. I will have to go pick her up and take her home. I also have to go pick something up for hubby after work. I just wanted to go home after work. I have some things to get done for the craft fair tomorrow... oh well such is life!

Hubby has been after me to try colouring our ornaments using pencil crayon instead of paint. I ordered some proper pencil crayons for it on a Cyber Monday deal and they arrived yesterday. This is my first ornament that I've done with them. I like it... I will probably still paint more too, as I like how vibrant the paint is, but this is nice too. I can't wait to see it once I've put the clear coat on it. dgdzef45u08x.jpg

• AJB1014
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 the ornament is gorgeous!!! Hope you have a great weekend!