JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a a recipe for a white chicken chili a few weeks back, i think it was either @Sofia_Alegria or @jeschepp ? I havent had any luck finding it again if you dont mind sharing it, thanks :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 the ornament is gorgeous!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks I am quite proud of this one myself.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    What a night for me. In fact what a day!
    So up early, getting the eldest to school was a pain but got her there.
    Then spent all morning tidying. I was already shattered at this point. Partner was in a grump again, his mental health has been a bit off, I was silly enough to argue back and made it worse so today I held my tongue and he's being alright again now.
    Anyway we had to nip out to get a couple of bits. Got home, made him and me lunch, I had to take my sandwich with me in the car to pick up Saskia.
    Got to the school, we usually stand in the playground and the teacher let's them out one by one to their parents. So I waved when it was Saskia and the teacher motioned me to come over to talk to me.
    She said that Saskia had some string in her mouth today, her friend pulled it and now has a wobbly tooth. (which I'm suspicious of because she was asking when her teeth were going to fall out that morning.)
    Anyway, it was also the Christmas fair, unfortunately we were skint so we couldn't do anything. She got really upset I had £1 in my pocket at that was enough for her to meet Santa.
    Got home, everything was as normal, made tea, got the girls in bed. Casey was asleep on the sofa. I thought I'd better take her up.. And that's where the fun began.. I picked her up and she was sick everywhere, curdled milk... I'm assuming she was already full when I gave her the milk so she just chucked it up.
    So, bath, bed.
    Go downstairs watch 10 mins of TV and then Marley starts crying.
    I go up, she's been sick all over her bed.
    Shower and cuddles with daddy whilst I cleaned up and changed her sheets.
    Got her pyjamas o, take her back to bed, Caseys awake. She's been sick again and is happily rolling aroubd in it.
    Bath and cuddles with daddy whilst nj changed HER sheets. Then Saskia starts crying, she wants a hug and her butt and eye hurts.
    Cream, eye check, more hugs.

And now finally.. Everyone's asleep.
  • AJB1014
    Options

NSV yesterday were huge for me - I was REALLY anxious. Work stress has been ramping up, and I was starting to vibrate holding onto all of it. My office is like the unofficial meeting area for some reason people just congregate in it - DH and I work together - I'm rarely ever alone, but it's something I NEED. I'm an only child, have lived by myself for years prior, and my work roles have typically been self guided singular roles. So now, working with a team, being with DH all hours of the day (which I DO NOT dislike - I actually enjoy working together now that we've figured out boundaries), and having a tenant at our new property too - I've failed to plan for that solidarity that I crave. Fortunately for me, DH dragged it out of my at lunch yesterday when he asked if he was bothering me. My totally conflict avoidance, hard time telling the truth if I think it will hurt someones feelings self mustered up the courage to say YES I NEED SOME ALONE TIME! Not because "he was bothering me" but because EVERYTHING in life was just getting to loud for me. We got home and DH flipped the TV on and I LOST MY MIND because the news just sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. All the tension came pouring out of me that moment in the form of tears - but it was the good kind, the cries that help move the emotions thru me so I can move on. DH and I were able to connect about a lot of things that have been a little stagnant. I feel better and I feel proud for speaking my truths and working to improve my communication skills! Honestly just sharing that was pretty scary but I love you gals, so thanks xo

We are twins!!! I am so proud of you for speaking up I know all too well how much effort that takes when you are the type to not worry about someone's feelings. I usually allow it to go on so long that I blow and spew all over the place at the tiniest thing and Rodger is left sitting there wondering what the *ell happened! Thanks for sharing, I think sharing our truths on here is helping each and everyone one of us to be better people and more successful humans!

I just saw this and wish i could hug you! Were totally twins!!! And thanks for the reminder that sharing our experience is a good thing!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Someone posted a a recipe for a white chicken chili a few weeks back, i think it was either @Sofia_Alegria or @jeschepp ? I havent had any luck finding it again if you dont mind sharing it, thanks :smile:

I did a search of this thread and found the link to the recipe. @Sofia_Alegria had posted it. Here's the link: https://www.maebells.com/slow-cooker-white-bean-chicken-chili-verde/
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

NSV yesterday were huge for me - I was REALLY anxious. Work stress has been ramping up, and I was starting to vibrate holding onto all of it. My office is like the unofficial meeting area for some reason people just congregate in it - DH and I work together - I'm rarely ever alone, but it's something I NEED. I'm an only child, have lived by myself for years prior, and my work roles have typically been self guided singular roles. So now, working with a team, being with DH all hours of the day (which I DO NOT dislike - I actually enjoy working together now that we've figured out boundaries), and having a tenant at our new property too - I've failed to plan for that solidarity that I crave. Fortunately for me, DH dragged it out of my at lunch yesterday when he asked if he was bothering me. My totally conflict avoidance, hard time telling the truth if I think it will hurt someones feelings self mustered up the courage to say YES I NEED SOME ALONE TIME! Not because "he was bothering me" but because EVERYTHING in life was just getting to loud for me. We got home and DH flipped the TV on and I LOST MY MIND because the news just sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. All the tension came pouring out of me that moment in the form of tears - but it was the good kind, the cries that help move the emotions thru me so I can move on. DH and I were able to connect about a lot of things that have been a little stagnant. I feel better and I feel proud for speaking my truths and working to improve my communication skills! Honestly just sharing that was pretty scary but I love you gals, so thanks xo

This is a GREAT NSV -- so proud of you!! But you know, I understand so well what you are saying. I am a people person, but I also need and crave my time alone. My husband and I both work out of our home, so I treasure the times when he goes to the gym ... which is only 2x a week. But those 2x a week I enjoy ... just having the house to myself.
    We all need time alone to regroup, sort out our own thoughts, and just do whatever we want. Great job in letting your DH know how important this is to you. That is taking care of yourself!
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I went back like 8 pages ... and can't find my goals posted! I guess I forgot to post them. Well, thursday I did OK until we again went out for pizza. My plan was to eat from the salad bar so that I would only eat 1 piece ... but for some reason, they did not have the salad bar. So I ended up eating 2 pieces. That was bad, but then I had weight watchers giant fudge bars in the freezer ... and ate 2 of them. So .... I was way over my calories!
    Since we had doctors appts all this week, I only excercised 3 times this week.

So here is my problem...... I told you I was going to start keeping track of my calories weekly, allowing around 1200-1300 a day x7. Well ..... I have only 477 calories left!!! (That is using the 1200 a day number) And I have 2 more days of eating!! YIKES!!!! Now what am I going to do LOL!!!! My weekly exercise total so far is almost 2900 calories ... so if I have to dip in and eat those, hopefully I will still be OK.

BUt other than the one nite, I did really good all week... so I am hoping to get the scale moving!

Anyhow, here are my goals for tomorrow, Saturday, 11/30
    1. breakfast with my daughter. She loves to go to panera bread .... so hoping I can eat something light
    2. clean house!!! It is a mess, as I've been sewing up a storm.
    3. put up 1 more tree (yes, I put up 3 trees !!)
    4. work in the yard if it is not storming ... suppose to be near 70
    5. mindful eating. Even those weight watchers fudge bars are 100 calories ... so plan, and be mindful, with calories in mind
    6. concentrate on water! Did not get my water in today at all.
    7. get back on here .. be accountable

Monday is weigh in ... so be good all weekend ;)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What a night for me. In fact what a day!
    So up early, getting the eldest to school was a pain but got her there.
    Then spent all morning tidying. I was already shattered at this point. Partner was in a grump again, his mental health has been a bit off, I was silly enough to argue back and made it worse so today I held my tongue and he's being alright again now.
    Anyway we had to nip out to get a couple of bits. Got home, made him and me lunch, I had to take my sandwich with me in the car to pick up Saskia.
    Got to the school, we usually stand in the playground and the teacher let's them out one by one to their parents. So I waved when it was Saskia and the teacher motioned me to come over to talk to me.
    She said that Saskia had some string in her mouth today, her friend pulled it and now has a wobbly tooth. (which I'm suspicious of because she was asking when her teeth were going to fall out that morning.)
    Anyway, it was also the Christmas fair, unfortunately we were skint so we couldn't do anything. She got really upset I had £1 in my pocket at that was enough for her to meet Santa.
    Got home, everything was as normal, made tea, got the girls in bed. Casey was asleep on the sofa. I thought I'd better take her up.. And that's where the fun began.. I picked her up and she was sick everywhere, curdled milk... I'm assuming she was already full when I gave her the milk so she just chucked it up.
    So, bath, bed.
    Go downstairs watch 10 mins of TV and then Marley starts crying.
    I go up, she's been sick all over her bed.
    Shower and cuddles with daddy whilst I cleaned up and changed her sheets.
    Got her pyjamas o, take her back to bed, Caseys awake. She's been sick again and is happily rolling aroubd in it.
    Bath and cuddles with daddy whilst nj changed HER sheets. Then Saskia starts crying, she wants a hug and her butt and eye hurts.
    Cream, eye check, more hugs.

And now finally.. Everyone's asleep.

Oh --- I will never forget the joys of motherhood! Hope you were able to get some sleep Bex! A parents job is never ending!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

For Today:
    Up with alarm :( still not great
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Work out 30 minutes ✅
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 5, 9 to go!) ✅
    Track and post here ✅

For tomorrow:
    Sleep 8 hours
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Work out 30 minutes
    Do something UNproductive to unwind from the week
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 5, 9 to go!)
    Track and post here
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday Nov 30
    2L of water - 😈
    Calories in Green - 😈
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈
    5 fruit/veggie - 1/5
    Walk 1 mile - 😈
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! 😠😠😠😠

JFT - Saturday Dec 1
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

It’s a new month and I swear I am going to do better than November!

Checking in tonight because I have a show tomorrow and the kids are coming after for a sleepover. We are going to a Santa Claus parade! I am determined to enjoy this season. Last year I made myself so busy and stressed I didn’t enjoy it.

Measurements in the morning but will have to give my monthly average on Monday. I forgot to email my excel sheet from my work computer!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Friday status
    1. Walk for min 3 Km ✅
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya ✅
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food - came to 24 only ✅

Saturday - 1.12.18
    1. Walk for 3 Km
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday, 11/30/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke :) (I didn't drink it all before having my Diet Coke, but I did make sure to get it all in before the end of the night, so I'll give myself a smiley anyway.)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :)

JFT (Saturday, 12/01/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day

nbfn2yk8sz8x.png

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I've never seen this wonderful thread before, what a great idea.

JFT 12/1/2018
    1. Try to eat dinner later so that I don't snack after 1930
    2. Start walking again, whatever I've gotta do to make that happen
    3. Can I put things unrelated to fitness? Because I also want to be more present. I want to not be on the phone texting so much
  • Bex953172
    Options
    krystonite wrote: »
    Can't believe I've never seen this wonderful thread before, what a great idea.

JFT 12/1/2018
    1. Try to eat dinner later so that I don't snack after 1930
    2. Start walking again, whatever I've gotta do to make that happen
    3. Can I put things unrelated to fitness? Because I also want to be more present. I want to not be on the phone texting so much

Yeah definitely but things non related!
    I think that's why our group is so good lol!
    Because the throws of life can affect our food choices!
    So we all help each other in all areas!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @sarah74vt thank you!!! @mytime6630 thank you! Im so happy to hear you had a good week :)
  • AJB1014
    Options

JFT
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. Cook dinner at home >:) bad news the second hand wood stove insert we bought is a 1/4" too big for our fireplace opening. Have to have a mason come check it out now. So I did what I naturally do and we got chinese food. Budget is tight this week too so really not what i should have done but it turned into a nice date night so is what it is, moving on.
    5. Pay mortgage :)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    7. Mini meal plan :)
    8. Small essentials grocery list :)
    9. Leave work by 2 :)
    10. Get air mattress from apartment >:)
    11. 10 leg swings/bathroom trip >:)

JFT Sat AM
    1. BE PRESENT >:) logging off after this and working on it
    2. Smoothie. >:) making brunch so skipped it
    3. Fish oil oops ill do these next three now!
    4. Elderberry
    5. Glass of water

Going to spend some time tech free tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just for Today:
    1. Journal every damn emotional bite :(
    2. Read my ARC's, sit when eating, choose wisely. :)
    3. WATER - at least 3 bottles :(only 2 bottles
    4. Activity :(Nope. I actually had an accident involving glare ice which resulted in landing on my head followed by a body slam. Just like in the cartoons. Saw stars just like the cartoons too. Dealing with a form of whiplash right now. I swear to God, I could trip on a paperclip laying in a 10 acre field of grass.
    5. Remain calm and keep an open mind. Keep a smile in my voice and in my eyes. DO. NOT. CRY. :smile: My eval actually opened up the door for conversation about my job that needed to happen. It was a great conversation and I feel like I was heard and I feel like things will be okay...I have to wait until next week to hear what HR says, but for now I am hopeful that things were aired by both of us which was enlightening to the other.
    6. Be thankful for what is, and stop wishing for what is not. :)
    7. Update resume tonight. It's always a good idea to have an updated resume. :)
    8. Read next chapter of Beck's Diet Solution. :)
    9. Read a book and relax tonight before bed. :(See comment above about the head and body slam on glare ice on our deck in the backyard.
    10. Get up early without hitting snooze and do it all over again. :( Pain pills knocked me out.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and support during probably the scariest evaluation I've ever had in all my years of working. It went really well. Much was discussed, and I felt heard when I discussed my concerns about my job changing without any discussion. Another good point was that I wrote many things in my self-eval comments which my director did not know about me or my background. I think she was much enlightened as to who I am and what I do and what I bring to the table. She transitioned into the role of being our director two weeks prior to me going on medical leave so really didn't know me before I was gone for 8 weeks....which is when she made the decisions about changes to the team. So, I'm hopeful now that we have aired our thoughts, concerns and vision for the position, I think things will be okay. and if they are not, after all that discussion, well then I will cross that bridge when I have to. I appreciate you all being here.

I still have to go back to page 501 to catch up. I'm having difficulty focusing my eyes to read since I fell, probably because of the migraine-type headache and pain meds. This one really scared me. I landed on my head first, really hard. I am getting worried about WHY I fall so often! I'm starting to wonder if I have an inner ear thing or something that causes me to fall or trip so often. It's not fun and it hurts like hell!

We have a snowstorm headed our way, so I will be hunkering down this weekend for the most part.

@Bex953172 I'm STILL waiting to get your quilt back from my work friend!!! I don't want to nag her, and I know she has had some stuff going on at home, but I'm really anxious to get it out to you. Just want you to know I haven't forgotten!!!

Anyway, I need to stay accountable so wanted to hop on here quickly and post goals for today.

Just for Saturday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Read Advantages Response Cards at scheduled times and when I get snack attacks
    3. WATER
    4. Sit while eating and be mindful of every bite. Put down fork between bites and enjoy.
    5. Exercise on purpose and take opportunities to get more steps in as they arise.
    6. Listen to my body. Sit and use heating pad when I need it. Stretch. drink water to flush out pain meds.
    7. Lymphedema massage. Came down hard on my bad arm when I fell on ice. It's very swollen and I need to get under control and use my compression sleeve and glove. This is a must!
    8. Bake Christmas cookies and freeze. Maybe watch Hallmark Christmas movies, or Flea Market Flip while baking?
    9. Pet Store run for dog food, rawhides, dental chews and toys. Perhaps a sweater for Maddie?
    10. Preplan/prep/journal meals for tomorrow and make out my "Diet Schedule" per Beck's Diet Solution
    11. Christmas tasks / housekeeping tasks
    12. Body / Mind / Spirit before bed...

Hope none of you were affected by earthquake yesterday in Alaska! My sister lives in Anchorage and at 11:00 p.m. last night she was still trying to get home to her family. They are all okay, but they were separated by bad roads and closed bridges.

Love to all. xoxo
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I'm glad it went well! It's good that you have a better understanding of each other now.

Dont worry about the quilt lol, good things come to those who wait!
    If anything the longer you take the better because I've barely done any on your gift. I had to start it again because I did it wrong the first time, wellnot wrong but not good enough! Fortunately I hadn't got too far.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I had a friend that was falling for over a year for no reason. Other symptoms and things going on as well. Finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

Take care of yourself, so happy your evaluation went well.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I love you beauties!!! Such a great thread.. A Happening place...