JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

@Bex953172 Is the little peanut's name Casey? I think I missed that post! I love that name!

Yes it is, I posted sometime last year in the old thread. It was originally Casey-leigh but I dropped the Leigh because I decided i didnt like it lol

So Saskia, Marley and Casey! I can't wait to see what she looks like! Saskia is dark hair with dark eyes and Marley is blonde with blue eyes and me and my partner both have dark hair and I have hazel and he has green eyes.

So the combination is going to be interesting! Just wondering if she will be more like Sask or more like Marley or completely different again!

It'd be cool if she looked like a mix of you and your partner. Like all three looking different. Lol. Me and my older brother look so much alike. It's crazy. And he's six years older then me. Lol. But I love the name! And I love Saskia! It's so unique. We're gonna name our first daughter Cadence and our first son Locklan.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options

@Bex953172 Is the little peanut's name Casey? I think I missed that post! I love that name!

Yes it is, I posted sometime last year in the old thread. It was originally Casey-leigh but I dropped the Leigh because I decided i didnt like it lol

So Saskia, Marley and Casey! I can't wait to see what she looks like! Saskia is dark hair with dark eyes and Marley is blonde with blue eyes and me and my partner both have dark hair and I have hazel and he has green eyes.

So the combination is going to be interesting! Just wondering if she will be more like Sask or more like Marley or completely different again!

It'd be cool if she looked like a mix of you and your partner. Like all three looking different. Lol. Me and my older brother look so much alike. It's crazy. And he's six years older then me. Lol. But I love the name! And I love Saskia! It's so unique. We're gonna name our first daughter Cadence and our first son Locklan.

Lol remember you can't choose gender! I'm living proof! 3 girls! But they are lovely names! Although I guess I technically have a boy, Samson, but I doubt he would have been called that if he was here!

I look so like my brother, I got a face editing app (you know one of them daft ones) I took a pic of myself and put the "opposite gender" filter on it, and I was basically looking at a photo of my brother lol it was horrible!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Lol remember you can't choose gender! I'm living proof! 3 girls! But they are lovely names! Although I guess I technically have a boy, Samson, but I doubt he would have been called that if he was here!

I look so like my brother, I got a face editing app (you know one of them daft ones) I took a pic of myself and put the "opposite gender" filter on it, and I was basically looking at a photo of my brother lol it was horrible!

That's awesome. I remember you talking about Samson. I'm sorry for your loss. I'll have to try the face swap. I hadn't thought of that. Lol. I'm actually terrified to have a girl. I was a major hassle when I was younger and as a teenager. I'm afraid she'll be like me. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

JFT 1/26/18

1.Up at 8:30 :)Actually up at 7 and out of bed at 730
    2. Quiet time :)I actually did this. I read a few chapters of my Bible and did some prayer and it was nice. I feel when I do this I have a better day
    3. Stretch video :)Did this and my back and my neck felt better for a while. I'm gonna do it again tomorrow morning
    4. Call D for birthday ;)Kinda. I sent him a text message and had a conversation that way. Neither of us are big phone talkers
    5. Put food in crock before leaving for appointment :)Did this! Lol. Most of the time I forget and then have to figure out something else for dinner other than what I had planned
    6. DH's therapy appointment :)He had a good session but we ended up getting there really early so we sat in the car for a while and then I sat in the car even longer while he was in the appointment and was kind of bored out of my mind. I think next time I might go for a walk while I wait
    7. Have a sit-down lunch! :)Did this too! I made my DH a wrap and had my egg salad. We even pulled the table out and ate like human beings! Lol
    8. Pick up groceries :)
    9. Finish budget :) Just have to type it up.
    10. Look for cheap bookshelf :) It'll be here by Feb. 1 and DH said he'd put it together for me
    11. Pay a few bills :)
    12. Dinner/dishes :)Ended up making dinner way earlier then I had planned to and we ate pretty fast and I did the dishes right away because if I dont I end up not doing them and then get really discouraged when I see all the dishes in the sink with baked on crud the next morning
    14. Spend quality time with the DH :DWe did this but we couldn't agree on a movie(I'm terrible at this. There's usually nothing I want to see) so we ended up watching a few YouTube videos on a channel we really like.
    15. Bed by 10:30 :)Probably way earlier because I'm exhausted. Lol
    Wow! I had a busy day and did everything on my list! I think that's the first time in a while that that has happened! I'm pretty proud of myself for that. And my NSV from earlier. Now if I can manage to pick up milk sometime tomorrow and not get a coffee that will be amazing since they are located in the same store! Maybe I'll go to a different store. Lol. Got another long list tomorrow but the DH is back at work so I'll probably be able to focus more, although I love when he's home with me. He's my best friend and we have the best times together. Lol. So onto my list!

JFT 1/27/18

1. Up by 7:45
    2. Make DH lunch
    3. Coffee/quiet time/MFP
    4. Stretching video
    5. Type up budget
    6. Call my cousin about cabin prices
    7. Do some yard work and clean out the car
    8. Clean out fridge
    9. Do laundry
    10. Pay bills
    11. Talk to T about getting haircut
    12. Spend an hour job hunting
    13. Dinner/dishes

Not sure what I am going to do in the evening. Maybe I'll do some reading. I haven't sat down with a book in a while and I'm starting to miss it!

I hope everyone has a great night and I'm sure I'll see everyone in the morning!
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Recap
    JFT Friday
    At gym by 530 I was too sore to make it to the gym but I woke up and did a 15 minute stretching video. Then I went to the gym this evening
    Eat breakfast and prep lunch yes
    Walk during breaks at work yes
    Stay green yes
    Make steps yes
    Do my bedtime routine even though it's Friday Getting started right now
    In bed by 11 as I have a workout scheduled with my trainer on Saturday. Will be in the next half hour so earlier than planned

Just for Saturday, Jan 27
    Up by 8
    Get everything organized for the day
    - laundry in car
    -snack and lunch packed
    - stuff to get ready at gym after workout
    - chargers
    Trainer at 10
    Meeting
    Pick up girls and go to my mom's
    Do laundry at Mom's
    Treadmill at Mom's
    Stay green
    Get my steps
    Get the dishes done!!!
    Bedtime routine
    Bed by 11
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. work on pc boards some :/ Had to do more stuff on business taxes - Finally, they are finished, and meeting with accountant on monday! YAH! Now to get personal stuff ready, but we have a month to do that!
    2. log all food :) Probably over on my calories .... but a busy day ... plus went to the gym. So I think I am OK. Had McDonalds fish, and split french fries with hubby! But ... I felt more in control, and tried to eat lighter for dinner.
    3. try and find a new recipe to maybe cook tomorrow nite - something different :/ Just not enough hours in the day - maybe tomorrow!
    4. concentrate on water!! :) I am hoping soon I won't have to even put this on here - getting much better with gulping a glass of water everytime I go into the bathroom and/or kitchen.
    5. go to the gym :) Treadmill - 60 minutes, with incline at 11.0, speed at 4.2. Then I managed 5 minutes on the stair master = 29 floors! Goal is to be able to do 10 minutes easily, but this machine gets me so out of breath! And my legs feel like rubber when I am finished.
    6. declutter one more thing -- maybe underneath the bathroom sinks! :):) At 9:00 tonite I was getting ready to post my goals met, and saw this goal which I had not done today. SO ...... went and cleaned underneath my bathroom sink .... and cleaned the hall cleaning supply closet! Feels so good to just do one thing of declutter/organizing each day ... even if it as simple as a silverware drawer. I could not believe how many bottles of half empty windex I found --- consolidated them all, and I even have bare shelf space!
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

Now .... I am going to try and do some sewing for the next 2 hours before I go to bed :)

JFT, Saturday
    1. go to the gym - don't let this habit go away. So easy to hit the snooze
    2. drink water
    3. log all food
    4. grill some chicken on my new indoor grill that hubby got me! So far ... we love it. A nice, easy way to prepare meat without starting the big gas grill outside.
    5. oranize/declutter one thing. Tomorrows goal is under hubby's bathroom sink, and my sock drawer
    6. do 1 hour of charity sewing before I start my own sewing. I know the cancer center really needs those hats, so I need to make this a priority. It is amazing what I can accomplish in just one hour
    7. try and plan at least 2 days worth of meals
    8. if it is nice outside - work in the yard a little
    9. weigh myself, and report on here. Hoping for some progress this week .... but if the scale does not reflect it .... I still feel like I had a better week.
    10. get back on here -- be accountable

• mytime6630
    Options

Goal for 1/29: 173. Today: 173.8

Yeah, this rate of loss is definitely glycogen stores going "WHEE! NO EXERCISE!" Ah well. It's a nice reminder that some of the UP was because I was exercising! Admittedly, it's a little tempting to blow off exercise for another week or so to see if I can't meet my end-of-month goals. ;) It's not really cheating, though, because even if *I* don't log food or exercise or whatever, my body still logs it for me. So like... mleh. What's the point in cheating? XD

The play opens TONIGHT, and I am super excited. We have a great show and I really enjoy my role. Yesterday afternoon we got an email from the producer asking if we'd be able to perform an additional weekend because several nights were sold out already and it looks like the entire run might sell out by Monday! (I'm thinking we'll have ONE show that doesn't sell out - we're actually performing on Superbowl Sunday, which is practically a national holiday.) Fingers crossed, knock wood!

Great loss!! Gee ... maybe I should take a few days off exercising LOL!! BUt .... I don't think that is what is making you now lose ... its because you stayed on track, even when the scale was not reflecting a loss. I know for myself, the scale can go up and down a lot depending on the water/food, etc we hold. But you didn't give up.... and now it is showing! So happy for you --- you are meeting your goal!
    And Congratulations on the play!!! I know you will have a great show. And to have nites sold out -- awesome!! If anyone takes a youtube video of it, please share!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 10 min elliptical, 10 min bike) :D (I REALLY didn't feel like going to the gym and struggled to get through my time there, but I did it! Before I would have talked myself right out of going. Would this be considered a NSV? :-) )

OH YES!! Definitely a NSV!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    You have spurred me to get back to my purging. Having moved so many times my house stays fairly decluttered...except for Christmas, books and photos. !

I wish I could say the same! having lived in the SAME house for 40 years -- we have a lot of stuff! I also have to start scanning photographs --- another thing on my bucket list.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @joan6630 I'm so sorry to hear about your niece's husband! I think a tote and quilt for your niece is a really nice idea. I'm sure there must be something from Jenny on Missouri Quilt videos. I also like the videos from Therese (Theresa?) from DownUnder. Hers are really quick and easy to follow. I could watch hers for hours!

I have never heard of DownUnder! Thanks --- going to have to look at those videos. Of course, I can spend hours watching how to make things instead of actually making stuff!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So Friday was a mixed bag but I am actually feeling pretty positive. Got through a tough week at work and scale is all good for the week. Looking ahead to a happy and balanced weekend and I’m up super early for a workout so starting well.

Recap 26/1
    - exercise before kids up ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal - no fri evening sugar binge (so want to tick this at bedtime tomorrow!) :# I did if I believe my fitbit burn, but I of don’t as it always seems so high! Not exactly a disaster but will aiming for a lower day tomorrow as def walk less on non work days.
    - 2ltr + water ✅
    - Finish assembly stuff ✅
    - Print for next week ✅
    - Buy party bags: no longer needed
    - (maybe) yoga after work: nope but did finally get eyebrows done - no more hairy beast! :D
    - Early night :/ life got in the way!

I’m going to make some goals for the whole weekend as plans are a bit fluid but lots to do:

- get some exercise both days
    - get some rest both days
    - Sort out post and paperwork - file, throw, shred not just organise into piles!!
    - Type up documents
    - Buy cake decorating bits for kids’ birthday parties
    - Batch cook veggies
    - 10k steps both days
    - Water!!!! And not just coffee

Have a great weekend everyone x
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Would you believe that this is the third day in a row that I've woken up really early? I've been up since 5am but the DH didn't want me to get up. Lol. So I laid in bed until around 545am. But I have another hour and forty-five minutes to kill! I think I'm gonna pick up some Melatonin at the store today and see if that works. My mom and a few other people say that it works really well, so I figure why not. If it helps me sleep better I'll definitely take it! I currently have a cat in my lap so this is really hard to type but he is determined to lay on me! Lol. I think I might make myself a little more elaborate breakfast then I was planning on. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in later!
  • Bex953172
    Options

That's awesome. I remember you talking about Samson. I'm sorry for your loss. I'll have to try the face swap. I hadn't thought of that. Lol. I'm actually terrified to have a girl. I was a major hassle when I was younger and as a teenager. I'm afraid she'll be like me. Lol.

Haha so was I!
    I’m not gonna lie, dreading it when they’re all teenagers. All fighting over clothes and boys and makeup!

At the moment it’s okay, but both of them have liked to screech, Marley’s worse! Excited, frustrated or even if her sister annoys her she just screeches lol.
    It’s a right pain sometimes especially when Sask won’t leave her alone!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Would you believe that this is the third day in a row that I've woken up really early? I've been up since 5am but the DH didn't want me to get up. Lol. So I laid in bed until around 545am. But I have another hour and forty-five minutes to kill! I think I'm gonna pick up some Melatonin at the store today and see if that works. My mom and a few other people say that it works really well, so I figure why not. If it helps me sleep better I'll definitely take it! I currently have a cat in my lap so this is really hard to type but he is determined to lay on me! Lol. I think I might make myself a little more elaborate breakfast then I was planning on. Lol.

I got to sleep properly at 4.30am! I think I fell asleep at half 2. But I woke up at 4ish I think the dog was doing something, had to help my partner get to sleep and then I went to sleep on the sofa, think I woke again at half 9.
    Feel absolutely rotten today lol

Funny how something as simple as sleep can cause so many issues when you don’t get it!

I was meant to be cleaning the car this morning and the rest of the garden later.
    I took my partner a brew and said I’m going out in 5 mins to start the car. Got downstairs, put my shoes on. It starts raining.

*sigh* can’t do anything til it stops seeing as I need to use the vacuum and jet washer lol
  • HGSmith0920
    edited January 2018
    Options

Haha so was I!
    I’m not gonna lie, dreading it when they’re all teenagers. All fighting over clothes and boys and makeup!

At the moment it’s okay, but both of them have liked to screech, Marley’s worse! Excited, frustrated or even if her sister annoys her she just screeches lol.
    It’s a right pain sometimes especially when Sask won’t leave her alone!!

My problem was, I had a lying problem. And I mean like pathological. At least to my mom anyway. I grew out of it when I hit like 23. Pretty much when I met my DH because I never wanted to lie to him. Lol. But it was always about stupid things. Like things that were obvious that I was lying about! I was just so crazy! My mom thinks that I may have had my mental illness my whole life and we just didn't recognize what it was until I was a teenager. So that explains a lot of my totally insane actions. Lol. I was a yeller though too. My brother always knew exactly what buttons to push so that I ended up screaming at him until I was red-faced! Lol. Like I said I was a handful. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

I got to sleep properly at 4.30am! I think I fell asleep at half 2. But I woke up at 4ish I think the dog was doing something, had to help my partner get to sleep and then I went to sleep on the sofa, think I woke again at half 9.

Funny how something as simple as sleep can cause so many issues when you don’t get it!

I was meant to be cleaning the car this morning and the rest of the garden later.
    I took my partner a brew and said I’m going out in 5 mins to start the car. Got downstairs, put my shoes on. It starts raining.

*sigh* can’t do anything til it stops seeing as I need to use the vacuum and jet washer lol

Ugh! That's terrible. It's supposed to be pretty nice here today. Kinda warm and no rain in site. I'm going to do some yard work and clean out the inside of my DH's car since it's gotten really bad. Lol. But it's supposed to pour tomorrow so I was to get it all done today. And my Dad said that he would take all the garbage to the dump for me so that I dont overload the trash can. Lol

I was asleep by 11 last night and woke up at 5. The DH came to bed at 12:30 and woke me up. Lol. He probably won't get up and a quarter to 8 so that he can get ready for work and run out the door. I know that I am going to have to take a nap this afternoon or I will be falling asleep in the couch by 7pm. Lol
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Log accurately. ❌ Aaaand everyone brings cookies. CRASH.
    2. Finish Week 4 plans. ❌ **PRACTICE PARAPHRASING** Finish and post weekly post. ❌ Pass out progress reports. ✔ Cups and paper towels for class 2. ✔ Honors classes need to review verbals - infinitives, gerunds, participles.
    3. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo, ✔ blog post (Five Reasons I Love Theater), ❌ script review,✔ continue writing The Thing. ❌
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts). ❌ 5k steps at school; aim for 6k. ✔
    5. Arrange for official transcript to be sent to masters program. ❌ Email T and send donation info. ✔ Wrap the director gift. ✔ Pick up gift certificate. ✔ Head to restaurant for cast dinner. ❌ Check FB and Meetup to make sure that Zumba and yoga are still on for tomorrow. ✔
    6. Tea, snack, hair pins, contacts, GIFTS to theater. ✔ Leave by 5:00. ✔ Steps to 11k; aim for 12.✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by midnight. ✔

JFT Saturday
    1. Log accurately. Let's give this one another try!
    2. Zumba, then yoga class. Gym at some point for Day 1 and cardio. Steps to 5k. Lunch with mom and B?
    3. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo, blog post (Five Reasons I Love Theater), script review, continue writing The Thing.
    4. Update grocery list. Get groceries. Put laundry away (20 minutes / 1 basket)
    5. Finish week 4 plans. Weekly post.
    6. Tea, snack, hair pins, contacts to theater. Leave by 6:30. Steps to 11k; aim for 12. NO COOKIES. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by midnight.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Jan 31 goal - PREVIOUS: 169. That's a 1.5 lb/week drop from a start of 175, which makes the math a little easier!
    Jan 31 goal - REVISED: 172. *sigh*
    Goal for 1/29: 173. Today: 175.

Opening night was amazing, and apparently, so was I. My parents actually came the night before to final dress but didn't stick around after, and my husband forgot to tell me, so I didn't realize they had been there. They usually come the second week of the run, on the night that there's closed captioning. Well then last night, in the LAST SCENE right after I entered, I happened to look across the stage, and there they were, right in front! And then afterward my mom messaged me on Facebook that she thought I'd done even better than the night before. I was like TOTALLY MISSED THAT, ahaha!

But even so, I am glad that tech week is over. We do have performances today and tomorrow, but I don't have school, so I do get a little bit of a break. And then after that my weeknight evenings will be free... I'll hardly know what to do with myself!

... start exercising again, I guess! ;)
  • clicketykeys
    Options

Well. Define "works." ;) I've found that melatonin helps me not wake up AS MUCH or AS EARLY, but with the stress of tech week and getting the final details set for the play, I've still woken up about twice each night and then about an hour before the alarm each morning.

As far as I can tell, though, the sleep I'm getting is good enough that I'm alert and active... so... heck yeah, I've got an extra hour in my day! WOOOO!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Goal for 1/29: 173. Today: 173.8

Yeah, this rate of loss is definitely glycogen stores going "WHEE! NO EXERCISE!" Ah well. It's a nice reminder that some of the UP was because I was exercising! Admittedly, it's a little tempting to blow off exercise for another week or so to see if I can't meet my end-of-month goals. ;) It's not really cheating, though, because even if *I* don't log food or exercise or whatever, my body still logs it for me. So like... mleh. What's the point in cheating? XD

The play opens TONIGHT, and I am super excited. We have a great show and I really enjoy my role. Yesterday afternoon we got an email from the producer asking if we'd be able to perform an additional weekend because several nights were sold out already and it looks like the entire run might sell out by Monday! (I'm thinking we'll have ONE show that doesn't sell out - we're actually performing on Superbowl Sunday, which is practically a national holiday.) Fingers crossed, knock wood!

Great loss!! Gee ... maybe I should take a few days off exercising LOL!! BUt .... I don't think that is what is making you now lose ... its because you stayed on track, even when the scale was not reflecting a loss. I know for myself, the scale can go up and down a lot depending on the water/food, etc we hold. But you didn't give up.... and now it is showing! So happy for you --- you are meeting your goal!
    And Congratulations on the play!!! I know you will have a great show. And to have nites sold out -- awesome!! If anyone takes a youtube video of it, please share!

*laugh* Well, it took almost a week of no cardio or strength, just steps. And while I do feel pretty confident that some of it is actual loss, I know that in the past, when I've started exercising and my loss stalls, it's been really frustrating. So it's important to remind myself that when I get my evenings back and I start working out again, I might see another stall, and THAT'S OKAY. It means my muscles are holding on to water so that they can repair themselves and get stronger and tougher.

Your checklist from yesterday looks great! Way to go! Great job on the treadmill - and the stairmaster too! I hate the stairmaster. I don't do it much, so I have to look down at my feet the whole time or I lose my balance and/or miss a step. Ugh! Though maybe if I did it more, it wouldn't be so much of a problem. ;)
  • clicketykeys
    Options

Wellll... if you CAN'T clean the car, and last night didn't sleep well, maybe the universe is telling you it's naptime! :)