JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

JFT 1/26/18

1.Up at 8:30 :)Actually up at 7 and out of bed at 730
    2. Quiet time :)I actually did this. I read a few chapters of my Bible and did some prayer and it was nice. I feel when I do this I have a better day
    3. Stretch video :)Did this and my back and my neck felt better for a while. I'm gonna do it again tomorrow morning
    4. Call D for birthday ;)Kinda. I sent him a text message and had a conversation that way. Neither of us are big phone talkers
    5. Put food in crock before leaving for appointment :)Did this! Lol. Most of the time I forget and then have to figure out something else for dinner other than what I had planned
    6. DH's therapy appointment :)He had a good session but we ended up getting there really early so we sat in the car for a while and then I sat in the car even longer while he was in the appointment and was kind of bored out of my mind. I think next time I might go for a walk while I wait
    7. Have a sit-down lunch! :)Did this too! I made my DH a wrap and had my egg salad. We even pulled the table out and ate like human beings! Lol
    8. Pick up groceries :)
    9. Finish budget :) Just have to type it up.
    10. Look for cheap bookshelf :) It'll be here by Feb. 1 and DH said he'd put it together for me
    11. Pay a few bills :)
    12. Dinner/dishes :)Ended up making dinner way earlier then I had planned to and we ate pretty fast and I did the dishes right away because if I dont I end up not doing them and then get really discouraged when I see all the dishes in the sink with baked on crud the next morning
    14. Spend quality time with the DH :DWe did this but we couldn't agree on a movie(I'm terrible at this. There's usually nothing I want to see) so we ended up watching a few YouTube videos on a channel we really like.
    15. Bed by 10:30 :)Probably way earlier because I'm exhausted. Lol
    Wow! I had a busy day and did everything on my list! I think that's the first time in a while that that has happened! I'm pretty proud of myself for that. And my NSV from earlier. Now if I can manage to pick up milk sometime tomorrow and not get a coffee that will be amazing since they are located in the same store! Maybe I'll go to a different store. Lol. Got another long list tomorrow but the DH is back at work so I'll probably be able to focus more, although I love when he's home with me. He's my best friend and we have the best times together. Lol. So onto my list!

Yaaay! Doesn't it feel fabulous to have days like that? :) So I'm curious, though - why no coffee? Does the caffeine make you jittery?
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

Wow! I had a busy day and did everything on my list! I think that's the first time in a while that that has happened! I'm pretty proud of myself for that. And my NSV from earlier. Now if I can manage to pick up milk sometime tomorrow and not get a coffee that will be amazing since they are located in the same store! Maybe I'll go to a different store. Lol. Got another long list tomorrow but the DH is back at work so I'll probably be able to focus more, although I love when he's home with me. He's my best friend and we have the best times together. Lol. So onto my list!

Yaaay! Doesn't it feel fabulous to have days like that? :) So I'm curious, though - why no coffee? Does the caffeine make you jittery?

The main reason was that I didn't really have the time, but the other reason was that I cant just go in and buy coffee. I usually buy all sorts of other tasty things that absolutely terrible for me. Lol. But I did manage to go in this morning for milk and not get it again! Also, I usually dont finish the cups I buy so I figure why spend the money on it. Lol. When I worked for the company I used to get it for free and when I worked overnights there I would drink like 64oz. And before I quit smoking I probably drank twice that. It was pretty terrible. It was probably why I gained so much weight. It only made me jittery a few times because I was so used to drinking so much of it. Now my limit is usually two a day. Three is pushing it. Sometimes I'll have a cup in the afternoon if I'm feeling particularly tired. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Would you believe that this is the third day in a row that I've woken up really early? I've been up since 5am but the DH didn't want me to get up. Lol. So I laid in bed until around 545am. But I have another hour and forty-five minutes to kill! I think I'm gonna pick up some Melatonin at the store today and see if that works. My mom and a few other people say that it works really well, so I figure why not. If it helps me sleep better I'll definitely take it! I currently have a cat in my lap so this is really hard to type but he is determined to lay on me! Lol. I think I might make myself a little more elaborate breakfast then I was planning on. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in later!

Well. Define "works." ;) I've found that melatonin helps me not wake up AS MUCH or AS EARLY, but with the stress of tech week and getting the final details set for the play, I've still woken up about twice each night and then about an hour before the alarm each morning.

As far as I can tell, though, the sleep I'm getting is good enough that I'm alert and active... so... heck yeah, I've got an extra hour in my day! WOOOO!

I actually took a prescription sleep aid for a while when I was working overnights and it turned me into a total zombie. If I didn't lay down right when I took it, I would end up doing random things and barely remember them when I woke up after finally going to sleep. It was a little scary. So I no longer take them. I have no problem falling asleep but I wake up a bunch of times in the middle of the night as well. Usually at least twice. One when the DH comes to bed and when my cat decides he's hungry at about 5am. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- log everything I eat :smile:
    - stick to food plan :smile:
    - remember to tick off food as I eat it :neutral: Sometimes...
    - do exercise DVD after work :smiley:
    - be in the green (without eating back exercise kcals) :smile: Ate back a very small amount, still 100 kcals left
    - Go for a walk at lunch :smile:
    - Stop work by 6pm :smiley:
    - spend quality time with boyfriend (holiday chat + relationship chat + food chat + new series :neutral: Was a bit too drained, just wanted to flop. Did start new series though! (Stranger things)

Today's commitments -

- log everything I eat
    - stick to food plan
    - remember to tick off food as I eat it

You are doing great! Doesn't it feel awesome to have most of your list as smiley faces? My DH and I had a hard time spending time together this week as well. He closed his store most of the week so he wasn't getting home until really late and I was always exhausted by the time he got home. I'd stay up with him for like an hour and then go to bed. Lol. I hope your day today is just as awesome!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    The main reason was that I didn't really have the time, but the other reason was that I cant just go in and buy coffee. I usually buy all sorts of other tasty things that absolutely terrible for me. Lol. But I did manage to go in this morning for milk and not get it again! Also, I usually dont finish the cups I buy so I figure why spend the money on it. Lol. When I worked for the company I used to get it for free and when I worked overnights there I would drink like 64oz. And before I quit smoking I probably drank twice that. It was pretty terrible. It was probably why I gained so much weight. It only made me jittery a few times because I was so used to drinking so much of it. Now my limit is usually two a day. Three is pushing it. Sometimes I'll have a cup in the afternoon if I'm feeling particularly tired. Lol.

I often meet friends at Panera, and I always make sure to refill my coffee before leaving, but I almost never finish it off. It gets reduced on a pot in the stove, and goes from there into the ice cube tray. When I have enough coffee-cubes, I use them to make a smoothie with protein powder and 80-cal vanilla Greek yogurt. SO DELISH.
    Would you believe that this is the third day in a row that I've woken up really early? I've been up since 5am but the DH didn't want me to get up. Lol. So I laid in bed until around 545am. But I have another hour and forty-five minutes to kill! I think I'm gonna pick up some Melatonin at the store today and see if that works. My mom and a few other people say that it works really well, so I figure why not. If it helps me sleep better I'll definitely take it! I currently have a cat in my lap so this is really hard to type but he is determined to lay on me! Lol. I think I might make myself a little more elaborate breakfast then I was planning on. Lol.

Well. Define "works." ;) I've found that melatonin helps me not wake up AS MUCH or AS EARLY, but with the stress of tech week and getting the final details set for the play, I've still woken up about twice each night and then about an hour before the alarm each morning.

As far as I can tell, though, the sleep I'm getting is good enough that I'm alert and active... so... heck yeah, I've got an extra hour in my day! WOOOO!

I actually took a prescription sleep aid for a while when I was working overnights and it turned me into a total zombie. If I didn't lay down right when I took it, I would end up doing random things and barely remember them when I woke up after finally going to sleep. It was a little scary. So I no longer take them. I have no problem falling asleep but I wake up a bunch of times in the middle of the night as well. Usually at least twice. One when the DH comes to bed and when my cat decides he's hungry at about 5am. Lol.

Yikes! That sounds like how I get when I go to the dentist - they give me a sedative pill to take the night before because I tense up so much. Oh, and apparently Benadryl really kicks my butt, which is weird, because I was fine with it growing up.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

I often meet friends at Panera, and I always make sure to refill my coffee before leaving, but I almost never finish it off. It gets reduced on a pot in the stove, and goes from there into the ice cube tray. When I have enough coffee-cubes, I use them to make a smoothie with protein powder and 80-cal vanilla Greek yogurt. SO DELISH.

Yikes! That sounds like how I get when I go to the dentist - they give me a sedative pill to take the night before because I tense up so much. Oh, and apparently Benadryl really kicks my butt, which is weird, because I was fine with it growing up.

I wish I liked cold coffee. I just never have which is funny since I was such a coffee fiend. I could drink a cup even when it was 100 degrees out. I just love it so much.

As for the Benadryl, I've had adverse effects too. For a while I was dealing with some serious anxiety and they put me on something that if I took it I had to lay down right away because it would knock me out in 20 minutes. It was kind of scary.
  • clicketykeys
    Options

I wish I liked cold coffee. I just never have which is funny since I was such a coffee fiend. I could drink a cup even when it was 100 degrees out. I just love it so much.

As for the Benadryl, I've had adverse effects too. For a while I was dealing with some serious anxiety and they put me on something that if I took it I had to lay down right away because it would knock me out in 20 minutes. It was kind of scary.

See, one of my favorite treats for as long as I can remember is the jamocha milkshake from Arby's. My coffee smoothie isn't quite as rich and creamy... buuuuut it's got way fewer calories and is much higher in protein, and it still tastes quite good! So I call that a win XD
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday, 1/26/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)
    5. Complete 1 order from my shop :)
    6. Clean bathroom vent fan. :)

JFT (Saturday, 1/27/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go for a walk :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Friday, 1/26/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)
    5. Complete 1 order from my shop :)
    6. Clean bathroom vent fan. :)

JFT (Saturday, 1/27/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go for a walk :)

Yesterday was awesome for you! I love that you are all smiley faces! Good job!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So I'm like two hours ahead of what I wanted to get done today so I will probably have time to go to the gym...or take a nap. Lol. I haven't decided yet. A nap sounds very nice but I know that I want to at least get some walking in. I really miss walking. It's just been so cold here to really go outside. And I'm still paying for the gym so I may as well use it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister We started Stranger Things too. Its really odd, but draws you in, doesn't it? We're also watching Ozark right now.

@clicketykeys I'm ingrigued by your idea of freezing coffee in ice cube trays. Do you mean, regular coffee or like flavored coffees, cappucinos, etc? What do you mean cook them down? Also, HOORAY for a wonderful opening night, being AWESOME in your role and how cool it is that your parents were there and you didn't even know it! Front seats too! I'm proud of you and don't even know you! LOL!

@Bex953172 You need to rest! Take a nap while it is raining. I worry about you, missy! :heart:

@HGSmith0920 You are back in full swing! One thing that helps me fall asleep is to lie down and read. I have one of those little lights you clip to the cover of your book, so the room is dark except for that little light on my page and my eyes get tired and I fall asleep earlier. It makes me happy to hear you so happy! Don't wear yourself out, though! :heart:

@joan6630 Another one I like to watch is the Midnight Quilt Show. She always has a glass of wine in her hand when she starts and I like her humor. You might not like her or Teresa DownUnder since you have so much experience, but as a new quilter, I enjoy just watching. (I'm much better at watching and dreaming than I am at doing.... :wink:)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    Writing off yesterday. Not feeling good and didn't meet my goals, but not going to beat myself up over it. This is a hard time of year for me. I go to see the Oncologist on Monday and I'm always scared they're going to find something bad, but because I haven't been feeling good for a while, I'm especially nervous this time. It is affecting my whole mood and demeanor. My husband confronted me yesterday and told me that it's going to be okay and to not let myself "go there". So obviously I'm not hiding my fear very well. Need to turn my thinking around and fast!

JFT (1/27/2018):
    1. Stay in the green
    2. 5 servings of freggies
    3. Increase protein
    4. WATER! At least eight 8oz glasses of water. Use lemon or citrus juice for flavor
    5. Finish moving clothes to the new dresser
    6. Update Beck's Index cards and review them as needed
    7. Read today's Simple Abundance, Beck Diet Solution and Soulful Simplicity before bed
    8. Listen to Optimal Living and Optimal Health Daily podcasts
    9. Finish my "This week..." list. Tomorrow will begin a new week and a new list
    10. Turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts. Do not dwell in the what if's but instead focus on what IS...the present moment.

This week, I will:
    • Color my hair
      Declutter one space (cupboard, drawer, closet, shelf, desk, bar area in basement) :) Decluttered spice cabinet, baking cupboard and shelf in cupboard by stove.
    • Update my bullet journal's to-do list
      Pay bills :) Done
      Find one new crockpot recipe to make this week Chicken, veggies & rice tonight in crockpot
    • Continue working on baby quilt *Priority*
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I'll have to try that! I do a lot of reading on my phone as well, but I've heard that the blue light from the screen can keep people up. So I think I'll get a little light and read my book. I'm gonna try not to wear myself out. I spend a lot of time in the evening resting and I usually take a nap in the afternoon. Lol

So I'm currently sitting the laundromat. I hate this place! Lol. But it's better than having to go back and forth between my house and my mother's to do laundry. It takes waaay less time. It's just incredibly boring. Lol
  • juliettehirt
    juliettehirt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hgsmith0920 —-“So I just weighed myself for the first time in 3 days! And I've lost two lbs! It might have been a fluke but it means that I only have 1 more lb to go before I reach my first goal weight!”
    ————————-
    What is a first goal weight? I just have “the goal,” which looks ridiculously far off and most definitely impossible to obtain.

JFT 6 cups water/tea, gym, no cookies or frozen yogurt.

- Juliette aka Otter
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Recap F 1/26
    1) Walked 3 miles on treadmill before work (3 snooze alarms) / 51:11 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,781 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) hours & 33 floors :smiley:
    3) Not sure about meals today / net calories green, been red most of week / monitor the usual = Net calories, sodium & sugar red, protein excellent, fiber ok & 14c water :neutral: Figure I've been in sort of maintenance mode this week / not horrible. :smiley:
    4) Evening: errands, wrap hubby's bday gifts for Sunday, laundry = Yay, mission accomplished! :smiley: I even stayed up late to see hubby get home from work, and was awake for an hour w/ him...I miss that. <3 But of course, I got to sleep in on Sat. :smile:

JFT Sat. 1/27
    1) Temps upper 30s, sunny & windy, ice mostly gone from neighborhood roads, so walk dog...she'll be in heaven
    2) Update weekly weigh-in post
    3) Make new recipe for supper that couldn't the other night
    4) Bake hubby's bday cake...I always bake recipe from Hershey's cocoa tin, every year since 1996
    5) Net calories green / >10c water
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @juliettehirt My first goal weight is 155lbs. I started out at 185lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 125lb. I lost 30 and I only have 30 to go!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food...my sweet tooth, especially chocolate...portion control...FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.]

Height 5'4" Age 60
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    January Goal = 1-5-x.x

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I love the hot chocolate recipe that is on the back of the cocoa tin! I haven't had it for ages though! And I understand the love of staying up until your hubby gets home! On the night's mine closes his store I'm lucky if he gets home by 1030pm. So I always try to stay up with him for at least an hour. It can be hard some nights, but totally worth it.