JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I’ve had a hard time getting up early recently, last week my eldest went into nursery an hour late every day she was in!
    Never mind the snooze button I turned my alarm fully off when it rang.

Anyway today, 7.30, out of bed and with a coffee and kids are still asleep! Gives me time to wake up, make her pack lunch, get breakfast ready and set out her clothes!!

Although I’m hoping to at least finish this coffee before she wakes!

I finally finished the yard yesterday. Well kind of, there’s about 5 tiles I’ve not done because the hose burst on me! I was gutted!
    Today’s job was get the car clean but it’s RAINING again!!!
    I’ve got both car seats out so I can clean the backseats and it just keeps raining! Feel like I’ll never get it done lol!

@OConnell5483 my thoughts are with you! If you’re feeling sore then don’t try finish that quilt! Please rest!

@HGSmith0920 I also hate phoning people!
    My partner has to remind me that it’s just a phone and the other person can’t do anything to Haha. And i can end it with a click of a button!

I don’t even know why I hate phones so much!

That stinks that it keeps raining! It was pretty warm here yesterday but it rained all day so there I couldn't enjoy it. And you're backyard looks amazing! Quite the transformation! I know I'm going to have to make the phone calls but I really dont want to. One of them I have to call the cable company and try and get a lower rate then we have now but with keeping the same package. I hate doing that! Lol. Oh well, it has to be done. The worst thing they can say is no, right? I dont know why I hate it either. Maybe it's my fear of looking/sounding stupid. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Really feeling good about yesterday because there aren't that many Xs, and several of them are because I went to dinner with my parents, rather than lunch. So we'll probably do the Plated tonight, and also going out to eat was what threw my log out the window. I did log the rest of the day, but we went to a local tapas place, so there's no calorie counts anywhere, and then we all shared around, so even if there HAD been calorie counts, only God knows who had how much of what! But the food was awesome and I enjoyed it but didn't stuff myself.

That sure is a lot of check marks! That's awesome! You did so much while also being in a play! And that makes sense not to log all that food. It would be crazy hard to try and figure it all out. Lol. I think I remember reading that your play is going through next week, is that correct?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Faebert wrote: »
    Feel like I’m ending the weekend on a positive. Wasn’t perfect but I achieved everything I wanted to so not worrying about things that could have been better.

Recap weekend goals

- get some exercise both days ✅
    - get some rest both days ✅ nice nap Saturday, early night tonight!
    - Sort out post and paperwork - file, throw, shred not just organise into piles!! ✅ feels amazing to have tackled this at long last
    - Type up documents ✅
    - Buy cake decorating bits for kids’ birthday parties ✅
    - Batch cook veggies ✅
    - 10k steps both days ✅
    - Water!!!! And not just coffee ✅ but there was also a lot of coffee!!

Goals for tomorrow 29/1
    - exercise before kids get up
    - 15k + steps
    - 2ltr + water
    - stay within calorie goal
    - letter for class parent
    - email to year group parents
    - guided reading books
    - contact twinning schools
    - order dvd of daughter’s show

Wishing you all a great week x

Look at you being amazing! You did so well! All that work and you still got the 10k steps! I'm really impressed! Awesome job! And you're starting the week off on the right foot by going to bed early!

You actually inspired me to tackle the mountain of paperwork with all your clearout efforts - so big thanks to you!

You're welcome! It's been an interesting journey the last week and a half. I've been on a mad cleaning spree! I usually hate cleaning but I am trying to get into a new mindset about it. So far, so good. It'll be a lot harder when I start working again but for right now it's been pretty easy. We live in a very small house and it's just me and the DH. But go you! Doing all that work! That's awesome!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So I actually slept until quarter after 6 and only got up because my cat was being a jerk and I was afraid he was going to wake up my DH. There is a space between my dresser and the wall where things like to fall off my dresser and disappear and Panda likes to go back there and make a whole bunch of noise. Not cool. I woke up kind of drowsy too. But I got up anyway. Fed the cat who is now chomping away. I think he has me well trained! :D Lol. But getting up this late put a damper on me going to the gym early this morning but oh well. I'm not going to complain I got a whole extra half an hour of sleep! It might be because I went to bed at 11 and fell asleep right away. Lol.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday, 1/28/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/ (Ugh, only got to 6)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :/ (hard to do on a "rest day" - no exercise day...didn't go over by much though)
    4. Groceries :)

JFT (Monday, 1/29/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Complete 4 orders from my shop
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    1/29 Monday JFT:

▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ▪JFT
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Research work - Analyze 25 glycopeptides
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Sm Grocery list & shopping
    ▪Pick up one kiddo at 3 pm
    ▪Pick up another kiddo at 4:30 pm (tutoring)
    ▪Pick up teen from track at 5:45 pm
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    So I actually slept until quarter after 6 and only got up because my cat was being a jerk and I was afraid he was going to wake up my DH. There is a space between my dresser and the wall where things like to fall off my dresser and disappear and Panda likes to go back there and make a whole bunch of noise. Not cool. I woke up kind of drowsy too. But I got up anyway. Fed the cat who is now chomping away. I think he has me well trained! :D Lol. But getting up this late put a damper on me going to the gym early this morning but oh well. I'm not going to complain I got a whole extra half an hour of sleep! It might be because I went to bed at 11 and fell asleep right away. Lol.

So I actually went back to bed and slept for another hour! It felt so nice! I haven't done that in a while. The bed just felt so comfy! It was hard to pull myself out again. But I did when the DH was getting ready for work and I've made the bed already which usually stops me from climbing back into it. Lol. I have a full day of things to do, so I better get to it! Lol
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Prayers and good thoughts for you today!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

After seeing this several days, I just had to google your research analysis. Impressive! What is your degree in?
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Plan meals for week-need to start this Sunday nights.
    Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today with a focus on reduced carbs/increased protein.
    30 min walk with dog in park.
    Listen to new Half Size Me podcast while walking.
    Visit to chiropractor.
    Read today's Simple Abundance.
    Afternoon, meditate 25 mins.
    10pm bedtime-keep trying but I love the quiet peaceful evening.
    Fitbit increased to 20,000 steps-still need to do this.
    Continue reading "New Book Of Lifting For Women".
    Print this list & post it on my fridge again.

Tried a protein pancake recipe this am and it was delicious & very filling. It was totally different than what I'm used to. I have to remind myself that all these new habits will take time accept. I'd be happy to share it with anyone.

Start the week strong!

recipe for the pancake?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Well, a few things are out of my list today. I get my car worked on because the place is closed today! Of course! I've been trying to call all morning and finally checked their website and it said it was closed today and they will reopen tomorrow. So hopefully I can get it done then. And I'm trying to set up my new printer and they didn't give me a cable I need and of course, Walmart doesn't sell them. I'm going to have to try staples or something. I just dont feel like going all the way over there. I plan on going to the gym today and it's on the way home. Maybe I'll stop then.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

After seeing this several days, I just had to google your research analysis. Impressive! What is your degree in?

Lol, thanks. I was skeptic about putting the specifics on there but my research is starting to incorporate more so I need to be specific for me and my deadlines.

I'm an Undergrad. Pre-Med student majoring in Chemistry :blush: (I was suppose to graduate this year but the pregnancy required that I drop some toxic lab courses that are required for my degree. So I'll complete those labs this fall and now I will graduate next Spring.)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @Joan6630 - Beautiful quilt. Wow.