Foods that you enjoyed but stopped eating

Options

Replies

• TishTash1616
    TishTash1616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gave up all animal products (meat, dairy, eggs, honey, beeswax etc.) due to ethical reasons, but I did enjoy them before. Luckily I have found versions I like equally or more that don't contain animal products.

I've given up most heavily processed foods. Even though I like the taste, they make me feel so rubbish (bloated, lethargic, sometimes nauseous) after I eat them. I only have small amounts occasionally.

I also severely limit caffeinated drinks as they exacerbate my interstitial cystitis.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »
    I love cinnamon toast crunch but don't regularly buy it. I generally stay away from high added sugar products. BUT once in awhile (every couple months) I will buy a box (or some other treat I love but don't eat much of) and enjoy it. I don't regularly track calories as I don't really have to lose weight, I just like to eat healthy...I think it's important to treat yourself and indulge every once in awhile. Once the box (or package) is gone, I don't buy more for awhile.

This post reminded me - Marshmallow Fruit Loops. Delicious, but not at all filling. I could eat a whole box in a day, easy.

That sounds yummy
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    Pizza Hut breadsticks

I can never eat 1 or 2 of those. I do not even bother. Normally if I am on vacation with my family is when I will have pizza and breadsticks, other than that I eat my little nutrisystem pizza and it works for me.
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    Oreos. I think 2 or 3 of them are like 140 cals. No thanks. A small portion of oreos would be like 1 oreo only and that's depressing.

I was on an Oreo thin kick for a while. I would have the 4 for 140 calories and I was good. I have not had one in months though. I guess I got my fill of them.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    New for 2018: Any/all ready to eat snack type foods in a multi-serving bag/box.

While 1-2 serving bags are still on the table, I am too cheap to purchase more often than not.

• budokyoseneko
    budokyoseneko Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Empty calories and foods with: Sugar. Gluten. Salt/sodium.
    I miss them loads, but I'm determined to pack in quality (to overcome several deficiencies) and keep away from stuff my body overreacts to.
    I don't miss any food more than I miss my health... or at least that's what I tell myself morning and night !!
    bread ~ :'(
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Slam and I love bacon! I have been bacon free for 3 months. It is very hard because bacon is very delicious. I am working on a plan to find a manageable way to incorporate bacon back into my eating regimen.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    None. I eat what I always ate. I just track how much of it I'm eating. Has worked great for almost 30 lbs of loss.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I still eat all the things I like. I did stop eating some foods I no longer like or developed an allergy/intolerance to.
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a McDouble in almost a year. For a while it was a staple. 2 McDoubles, large fries and of course a Diet Coke almost daily
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm diabetic, so most of mine are carby foods I don't tolerate well due to them spiking my blood glucose in anything but the smallest amounts.

The big one is Coke. Just no use to me at all, no nutrition and makes me crave more of everything. Second would be crackers, which I used to eat whole stacks of. I also used to eat peppermint candy all the time. Thing I used to like to eat just once in a while but will probably never consider worth eating again: donuts.
    Pizza - I can only handle about one small thin crust slice without a spike, hate thin crust, not worth it. The various fake "pizza crusts" made from cauliflower or other substitutes just taste like sadness to me.
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Anything not “worth it”—whether thanks sacrificing earlier in the day to eat more later, or even slowing my goals. Right now, that includes fast food, soft drinks, most bread, most convienence foods. The tiramisu at my neighborhood Italian joint—worth it! Sandwich breads and store bought desserts? Nah.
  • Fataf99
    Fataf99 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Beer/whisky
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ditto with the anything "worth it" idea. . . usually alcohol is never worth it for me, only once in a great while. Also, things like twinkies, oatmeal cream pies, little debbie cakes. They are so good but really don't do anything for me in terms of helping to feel full / satisfied.

I also never have high calorie starbucks drinks anymore. I just can't justify it. I guess that goes along with most liquids. I never drink full sugar juice. I just don't like it but it also has so much sugar.

Higher calorie breads I also avoid. Some bread has over 100 calories a slice! That's just crazy to me.

I also rarely eat egg yolks. I'm not a yolk person and especially can't handle runny yolks. I only eat them occasionally.

One more thing is full fat salad dressing. again, just can't justify it for the high fat content.
  • PetiteHabanero
    PetiteHabanero Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    For me it is sweets. I haven't stopped eating sweets, but you can bet your mama's life that if I'm going to eat a sweet it is worth it. Nothing is worse than wasting calories on a disappointing sweet.

One thing I mostly cut out, but consume on rare occasions (or with alcohol) is soda. I grew up in a household where if you were thirsty it was normal to drink soda. When I grew up and started becoming aware of calories and whatnot, I immediately cut soda out and lost weight almost instantly from that alone. Now if I have soda I usually get bloated and uncomfortable. Also some sodas just plain don't taste good anymore- I despise Pepsi.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options

I also severely limit caffeinated drinks as they exacerbate my interstitial cystitis.

Same here. I actually do not have any caffeinated drinks as the last time I tried them I had a horrible flare. Like agony. One of the worst I have had since I was diagnosed. So I stay away 100%.

I also stay away from soy not only due to the IC but I also seem to have developed an allergy to it.

IC also makes me limit my citrus (mostly only have it in recipes in small amounts), tomato, alcohol, ginger, and a number of other things.

Otherwise I have not cut out anything I enjoy outside of for medical reasons. I figure I already have to limit so much, I am not going to add to that!
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    White bread, cheese and cut down on alcohol
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat everything I love, in moderation
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I’ve cut down but not out: pizza, ice cream, cheese, nuts, alcohol.