Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Cutting out coffee or diet coke

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Since I hate coffee and love sodas, it’s Diet Pepsi for the win. Triple score for being diabetic.

Coffee has many times the amount of caffeine and if I drank that vile stuff I’d be up all night. Besides the water doesn’t sizzle.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    <----body by beer over there. Don't drink that (in excess) if you want to be fit. That is another topic, though.

Water is better than either as it has nothing that is "bad" for you. Both have caffeine which "bad" for you. Diet Soda has a whole bunch of other chemicals that are "bad" for you.

How are caffeine and diet soda "bad" for you. Be specific, and preferably cite sources.
    Talking about minute amounts, though. To any normal person that isn't downing several POTS of coffee or CASES of diet soda a day, go ahead and drink whatever you prefer. There isn't enough "bad" in either coffee or diet soda to make a difference.

Still should shoot for a couple glasses of plain ol' water a day, though. I can't imagine only drinking caffeinated drinks all day. How would you go to sleep?

Oh, and, Like a baby. Until I hit 30.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Me not having caffeine is bad for everybody around me.

Same.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    <----body by beer over there. Don't drink that (in excess) if you want to be fit. That is another topic, though.

Water is better than either as it has nothing that is "bad" for you. Both have caffeine which "bad" for you. Diet Soda has a whole bunch of other chemicals that are "bad" for you.

How are caffeine and diet soda "bad" for you. Be specific, and preferably cite sources.
    Talking about minute amounts, though. To any normal person that isn't downing several POTS of coffee or CASES of diet soda a day, go ahead and drink whatever you prefer. There isn't enough "bad" in either coffee or diet soda to make a difference.

Still should shoot for a couple glasses of plain ol' water a day, though. I can't imagine only drinking caffeinated drinks all day. How would you go to sleep?

still like a baby
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

still like a baby

Don't get me wrong, I can still chug a mt dew and go right to sleep, but the sleep won't be quite as good.