Annoying things your pet does..

Options

Replies

• fatgulegule
    fatgulegule Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Decides to talk all the way through my favourite TV programmes. Oh and he deliberately flicks his food all up the living room wall and laughs after he does it. Plus he sulks like a moody teenager if he doesn't get his own way....

(I have a parrot btw.)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love my 2 dogs with all my heart but (and thats a big but!) they both have their issues. Sam, 7 yr old jack russell/border collie mix will randomly bark at tall men for no reason and he will laydown at night, all settled in while I watch tv in bed. the minute I shut off the tv and try to go to sleep he needs to pee. :explode:

and Franny, my shih tzu/pug mix loves to go for a walk, gets very excited and runs to the door, until I pick up her leash. she then runs full speed through the house trying to get away from me. We play this little game every single day!!!:grumble:

That being said, I wouldn't trade them for anything!:smooched:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have an old beat-up gray tomcat that steals kittens from other people's houses and brings them home as his "pets" or something. This is the cat on my ticker with one of his kittens.

I haven't decided if he is just a sweet old cat or if he is a feline pedophile! :laugh:

LOL This is just too funny!!!

Since adopting the orange and white, he has brought home a gray tabby and now has a solid white, save a gray smudge between his ears. Oddly enough, all three kittens were boys... :noway:
  • brandynot
    Options
    I think my dog is a Steeler's fan so it may have to go

That's immediate grounds for dismissal.

AGREED!
  • brandynot
    Options
    My wonderful pupster likes to follow me when I get home to the point where he is almost tripping me every step of the way. That I don't mind so much. It's when I give him his daily treat that the shinanagans begin. He is half jack russell terrier so he will flip and jump for treats, then take the treat and follow me whining with the treat in his mouth. The whining is sooooooooooooooo annoying. But I love my pupster dearly. He is laying here next to me right now. :love: :love: :love:
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well I will just say i have 4 kids and 6 pets that should say enough.:ohwell:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i have a very old staffy, shes 14 and a half now.. ive raised her from 5 weeks old, very much part of the family but recently shes been eating my mini jackrussels poop.. its totaly grossing me out.. i think shes trying to commit suicide! *wretch* :sad:

anyone know why she could be doing this?

it might be a nurturing thing, dogs eat their puppies poos up to clean up?
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    Lol these are great! The pedo-kitty cracks me up :laugh:
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My cat (we have only had her a month) has taken to finding ANY bread-related product we happen to leave out, clawing the bag, and taking bites out of it so we have to toss the whole thing. Somehow she got into a cabinet yesterday and attacked the saltines!!! I have been told cats love the smell of yeast....has anyone else had this problem? (Sorry if it was posted earlier, I am going to read back now)
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    Snores all night long! Rattles the damn walls
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    my dog logs into my MFP account when im away and he posts inappropriate statuses.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    My dog is horrible at being walked, he pulls so much even with a choker!!! stubborn dog, i might have to get a body harness for him because he is too big to be doing that!!! and when he wants me to wake up or get my attention he will try to eat my hair, and if that doesnt do it he head butts me in the back of the head lol...he is an akita and pit bull mix only 1yr old and already 70lbs!!!

Petsmart - $20 its called a gentle leader. Watch the DVD that comes with it before you use it. Recommended to me after i had to have my shoulder put back in its socket when my pitt/boxer mix saw a bunny she wanted to play with. :grumble:
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    my dog logs into my MFP account when im away and he posts inappropriate statuses.

Nice blame the dog...lmao
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I do pet rescue, so i honestly cant pick ONE thing.. and if i listed everything, i would be here all night!!

I have 12 cats and 2 dogs right now.. They eat my hair, trip me while walking, want to love me in the bathroom, jump down from hiding places & scare the **** out of me, bark non stop, meow non stop.. one cat taps you with her tiny paws while you are eating as to say.. "hey, gimmie some of that!" *sigh*

So a little story behind my best guy..

The funniest "get out of my house" thing we have is Hercules.. who is "one of the boys" He is a 4 month old black cat who has seizures. My husband and i rescued him Easter morning, where we found him laying in the rain at my parents house, along with his brother, Pete. The mother abandoned him and they both were cold, stiff and Hercules was no longer breathing.. We managed to get them stimulated, breathing & warm. The boys were alive.. barely. It took 2 months before they were "normal" and without infections in their chest, but i knew they could do it!

Anyway.. the boys were bottle fed every hour around the clock by me since they were about 6-12 hours old.. They have never known a "cat" only a human.. so these little guys are like human toddlers. When they play, and one gets too rough, the other comes running to momma (me) and climbs up in my lap for cuddles and love.. then gets back down to play. They still want the occasional bottle, and will go to the drawer and knock it out with their paws!!

Anyhoo... their "ugh! get out of my house" issue is water bowls!! If its not cold or fresh enough.. they will get in the sink... If im busy & dont pay attention to them right away.. they will get out of the sink and DUMP their water bowl RIGHT IN THE FLOOR then come and put their paws on my face as if to say.. "you didnt see that? here.. FEEL THIS!" omg, i could just die. LOL

BUT, they are my baby boys.. and i wouldnt trade them for the world. :heart:
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    jumps in front of self ies........
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    jumps in front of self ies........

damn photobombing pets
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    Licks his balls all night while Im trying to sleep....

I told my friend my problem and he said " I wish I could do that"
    I replied 'give him a treat and he might let you' :):)
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We keep chickens (9 hens) and right now one of my hens has decided she is a rooster. She has started crowing. Every morning ~ 5am. It's a really awful impression of a rooster too.

Before he died, my cat would like to wait till I fell deep asleep and then lay across my neck (warmest place I guess). I would wake up with a mouth full of hair and wearing my cat like a scarf.
  • YolandaSaez
    Options
    Haha so funny!
    My ella (cat) does the same thing while i'm in the bathroom... Another thing she does is meow when she hears me wake up in the morning. I'll lay awake in bed for a few minutes and she just knows! im awake! I mean she cries!.. Another thing she does is... She wont eat unless someone is nxt to her or atleast stands in the kitchen while she eats... ugh! dang cat... but I love her <3
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oh where to start! I have 3 shih tzus who are 12, 12, and 11 years old. They are lazy. They think they are furniture ornaments and when they go outside , they just lay there. My male, BeauBeau barks like mad and scratches at the door until you let him in. As soon as they come in, once your head is turned, they pee on the floor. BeauBeau is deaf so you can't call him in from outside, you have to track him down if he's not barking and tearing the door up to be let in. (The neighbors love this!) Glory is just FAT, she eats and then throws up, but she's cute as can be and looks like an ewok. Now Bunny, she's the clueless blonde of the bunch. If it happens to start raining when she's outside she looks up at the sky and stares. I swear she'll drown one day. Can't walk them on leashes--it's push, pull, or drag with them. They are impossible, but they are cute, and they are spoiled, and they get away with all of the crap because they are loved. And yes, we are crazy.