Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    I naturally start out no alcohol when I start cutting back calories because they take up so much. But then I always find a way slip in a glass a wine or Manhattan. But you are right about the less consumption of alcohol. I would rather have French fries.

Love french fries and Manhattans:) xoxo I remember buying Maker's Mark cherries ; they are still in my fridge. The problem ( a good problem) is the jar lid is so tight, i cant open them.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Good morning or Good night , my friends. I've been on a Russell Brand kick. Watching his videos and interviews of overcoming addiction. He says our addiction to drugs, food, alcohol, relationships comes from area of great pain. This is so true. But we can identify our pain and deal with it.
    Here's a short video. He's a bit strange, but I like him. He also has a book that I haven't read yet.

I just started reading the book some of you have read called Blackout. Very amusing and yet sad because I can see a glimpse of myself in the author.
    https://youtu.be/I2DnkrFqKo0
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    @MissMay If you know where you are going, you can usually pull up their menu on the net and enter food into your diary to see what the count is. Not everything will be there but a lot of it is.
  • ehseeker
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 1969 re alcohol aging... looking for my cross and garlic
  • ehseeker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Was 10 days af but went out after a movie last night and had a glass of wine with appetizers. No regret, I made the decision to have it and sipped it and enjoyed. After it was gone, I wanted something more but not alcohol when I noticed the people sitting next to me at the bar had left a half full bottle of Pellegrino which I immediately commandeered. Got a glass with ice and sat there happily finishing it off. (It was so nice of them to share. snort, snort) For when I want to stay af, I now have something more than club soda to consider. I love this thread as it keeps me mindful.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 Blackout was a good quick read. I saw so much of myself in her, as well. I am still reading Drinking: A Love Story, it's got a lot more "meat" to it.

Well, it's a breezy but warm(ish) Sunday morning here in the Motor City. I'd love to take the dog for a walk but I am pretty sure we would get blown away. SO! I will sit here with my coffee and my clear head, make my menu for the week and enjoy the clarity and energy this thread gave me the motivation to pursue! ((Hugs)) to you all!

Drinking a love story is good, too. I read it but it is slow. I remember wanting to finish it to see how her life turned out.
  • ehseeker
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 Blackout was a good quick read. I saw so much of myself in her, as well. I am still reading Drinking: A Love Story, it's got a lot more "meat" to it.

Well, it's a breezy but warm(ish) Sunday morning here in the Motor City. I'd love to take the dog for a walk but I am pretty sure we would get blown away. SO! I will sit here with my coffee and my clear head, make my menu for the week and enjoy the clarity and energy this thread gave me the motivation to pursue! ((Hugs)) to you all!

Drinking a love story is good, too. I read it but it is slow. I remember wanting to finish it to see how her life turned out.

I'm in the middle of it. It is very insightful as to motivation.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Having roast chicken as my main meal today and will probably have two glasses of red wine. Factored into my cal allowance and then back on the wagon tomorrow... will need to stay off the cocktails though!
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good morning or Good night , my friends. I've been on a Russell Brand kick. Watching his videos and interviews of overcoming addiction. He says our addiction to drugs, food, alcohol, relationships comes from area of great pain. This is so true. But we can identify our pain and deal with it.
    Here's a short video. He's a bit strange, but I like him. He also has a book that I haven't read yet.

I just started reading the book some of you have read called Blackout. Very amusing and yet sad because I can see a glimpse of myself in the author.

Thanks for posting this video, I had no idea he had conquered his addiction(s). I'm going to check out more of his videos, I can relate to what he's saying.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ehseeker wrote: »
    half full bottle of Pellegrino which I immediately commandeered. Got a glass with ice and sat there happily finishing it off.

@ehseeker - Hilarious and inspiring! Congrats on how FAR you've come!

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    But then I always find a way slip in a glass a wine or Manhattan.

I have never had a desire for a Manhattan, and this is probably not a great time to cultivate one. My parents used to drink them religiously when my dad got home from work. This was in the 1950s-early '60s. I once sneaked a sip and it was so vial I nearly vomited. Lucky for me that (unpleasant) memory stuck with me. Likewise with scotch - tried it at a party at least 30 years ago, got extremely drunk and then extremely sick. That was it for scotch. That brings me to wine, which I loved the moment I tried it, I'm pretty sure, LOL.

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    So far, so good this weekend. Two glasses of wine with friend Friday, one glass last night. Planning on another tonight and then back to Mon-Thurs AF. I'm starting to get used to the routine, and finding I don't obsess as much about "getting" to drink wine on weekends. I actually had a headache Saturday morning from the Friday wine. My tolerance levels are plummeting, LOL. Hope everybody else is having a great weekend!

I am definitely used to my once a week routine too. And even on weekends when I dont have any it isn’t much of a big deal. I’m really much better at planning things out in advance.
    And i’m totally with you on the tolerance being down. Doesn’t take much these days, haha