T25

Options

Replies

• pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cardio this morning felt great! But I'm a bit sore from doing the Core Speed disc yesterday (I, too, miss T25 on the weekends). A good sore though!

I did gain weight when I did my stats on Saturday :( My measurements didn't go up, though, so I'm trying to tell myself that's fine (I know that it's fine, logically, but it's still a bummer to work so hard and see the scale go up) I'm going to work extra hard this to make that scale move back down.

I can't believe we've made it to week 4 already! As I was doing Cardio this morning, I was remembering the first week Cardio disc, where I had to pause it at least 4 times to take a break and guzzle water. It's not EASY now, but I am getting so much better! No stopping, only doing mods on the jumping moves, etc.
  • megandyan83
    megandyan83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I'm just starting Week 2. Looking back, the hardest section for me was actually the Ab Intervals?! I have really tight hamstrings and felt it was so difficult to keep your back flat (e.g. the Sitting V exercise). Tanya didn't modify much. Anyone else have a similar problem? Or a solution? Does it get better?
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I'm just starting Week 2. Looking back, the hardest section for me was actually the Ab Intervals?! I have really tight hamstrings and felt it was so difficult to keep your back flat (e.g. the Sitting V exercise). Tanya didn't modify much. Anyone else have a similar problem? Or a solution? Does it get better?

I had a similar problem, but I've noticed it's getting better. I didn't have much strength in my abs so in building that up it is helping. I'm still not able to have my legs totally straight in front of me with the flat back but it's improving. Keep working at it, as you get stronger and build up all those muscles in your core you'll start noticing it getting better! Congrats on making it to week 2 :smile: It's a great workout
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 Total Body Circuit, This is the workout that always kicks my butt! I can't believe we have to do it 3 times next week. Atleast I have Monday off from work so maybe that will help a little haha. I felt great today until the last 3 min or so, I gassed out and got really weak. I normally never have a problem working out on an empty stomach but maybe before TBC I need to have something small, an apple or banana or something. Hope everyone else's workout was great!
  • pittjenn
    Options

I had a similar problem, but I've noticed it's getting better. I didn't have much strength in my abs so in building that up it is helping. I'm still not able to have my legs totally straight in front of me with the flat back but it's improving. Keep working at it, as you get stronger and build up all those muscles in your core you'll start noticing it getting better! Congrats on making it to week 2 :smile: It's a great workout

Ditto this! My abs aren't strong enough to support me holding my legs out straight (I blame this on having extremely long legs though. They must be abnormally heavy, right? :P). I do the best that I can, and since my abs are screaming at the end of that disc, I figure it must be working.

Total Body done today! Can't believe we have LBF and then TBC again in the next two days - Friday is going to feel easy in comparison!
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    Lurking on this thread. I did W1D1 of Alpha on SUNDAY and my calves are still killing me, so from reading I am thinking that's normal? When does it stop? I never thought I would long for sore thighs like where you can sit down, but I would take that over the calf soreness OMG. Speed 1.0 today. ouch
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Lurking on this thread. I did W1D1 of Alpha on SUNDAY and my calves are still killing me, so from reading I am thinking that's normal? When does it stop? I never thought I would long for sore thighs like where you can sit down, but I would take that over the calf soreness OMG. Speed 1.0 today. ouch

For me the pain in my calves has never totally stopped but it's to the point where I only hurt during the workout. I feel tight after but it's not the level of pain I had at the beginning. My best advice is honestly to work through the pain. If you keep them loosened up they will heal faster. Try stretching before and after the workouts and get lots of water. After the first week of workouts you should notice an improvement. Good luck!!
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It will get better! You'll get stronger each week and the pain will lessen. Ab Intervals is tough! Keeping my hands right by my side and legs in the air is so difficult, but I have seen improvement each time. I'm doing a double workout tonight and even got my boyfriend to try it on vacation. We did Speed 1.0 and Total Body back to back. He's a basketball player and I thought he was going to pass out! That secretly had me cheering on the inside that it was easier for me then him :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 done! Total body circut was somewhat easier this morning but still have to do modified for the push ups as I dont have any upper body strength. Tomorrow lower focus..:sad:
  • kimpossible5
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 2 and last week - omg my calves! LOL My husband thought I was nuts because his legs didn't hurt, but his back did. I could barely walk up and down the stairs for 3 days. That was the hardest so far - this week (I'm only 2 workouts in!) hasn't been like that!!

My good friends are starting T25 as well and I specifically told her do NOT let the first few days deter you from the program. KEEP PUSHING PLAY it will get better.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 done! Total body circut was somewhat easier this morning but still have to do modified for the push ups as I dont have any upper body strength. Tomorrow lower focus..:sad:

Yayyy lower focus!! Gotta say that is my favorite! Something is wrong with me :laugh:
    I'm on week 2 day 2 and last week - omg my calves! LOL My husband thought I was nuts because his legs didn't hurt, but his back did. I could barely walk up and down the stairs for 3 days. That was the hardest so far - this week (I'm only 2 workouts in!) hasn't been like that!!

My good friends are starting T25 as well and I specifically told her do NOT let the first few days deter you from the program. KEEP PUSHING PLAY it will get better.

I totally agree, you have to work through that first week. It doesn't get easy but it gets better!
  • xiibalba
    xiibalba Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get cramps in their calves? I started T25 last week and it's happening quite often
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Does anyone get cramps in their calves? I started T25 last week and it's happening quite often

I get that sometimes too, be sure to drink lots of water and try to stretch before and after the workouts. Seems to help a good bit. Hydration is really important with cramping though
  • megandyan83
    megandyan83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Potassium helps with cramps too. Maybe a banana?

I'm dealing with some serious DOMS here. I think I'm going to start doing the Stretch routine a couple of times a week. I did it Monday night and it really helped....
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend CALF SLEEVES (compression sleeves for your lower leg)....for anyone who hasn't done any form of intense cardio and/or lower body workouts lately and who is starting T25.
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would use the aerobic general or high impact as that was I used for Insanity and this is a little lighter intensity (to me). Low impact if doing ABs only.
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    I did Speed 1.0 and that definitely helped with the soreness in the calves. I thought I was in pretty good shape, ummm... yeah... probably not so much. Love the 25 minutes though, that's awesome.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 - Lower Focus - Done! My favorite of the workouts (I know I'm crazy). I love everything about this workout besides those darn calf hops. I have a hard time balancing on that one. Two more workouts left this week and then we are on to the final week of Alpha, wow!
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Lower Focus is the hardest of the workouts for me! But I felt great today. I was getting through those narrow and wide lunges, thinking "Oh, this isn't as bad this week", and then came the pulse and hold parts. And I thought I might die (OK, overdramatic :P). So clearly this workout still has plenty of moves to make me dig deep. Anyhow, I'm so glad it's done, and Total Body is tomorrow again!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Finished lower focus but man those last 10mins seem like they take FOREVER!! Had a good burn even tho I had to stop right after the jumping jacks to change becuz well with having 3 kids my bladder doesnt hold well :laugh: