February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run today. Forcing myself to slow down. Too busy of a week.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    So ummm... those of you up running the miles, distances, elevations, and like that I do... do you see a normal doctor if you get injured, or do you find a sports doctor of some kind? If you see a special sports doc, how do you find one? I am in a big city so should be able to find one, I would think.

Not planning to see one soon, but considering the possibility of it. Probably put it off till after Glacier though :)

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I just went to my regular doctor to get my shin seen to. It's not really recommended to put off seeing a doctor though...some things can end up getting much worse, which can mean greater recovery times being needed.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I just went to my regular doctor to get my shin seen to. It's not really recommended to put off seeing a doctor though...some things can end up getting much worse, which can mean greater recovery times being needed.

Oh, I will. I was mostly joking around about that... just not sure it has risen to the doctor level yet. When you have as many medical issues as I do, you can not go to the doctor every time something changes. It's just not physically possible to go that often. :):D:lol:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    So ummm... those of you up running the miles, distances, elevations, and like that I do... do you see a normal doctor if you get injured, or do you find a sports doctor of some kind? If you see a special sports doc, how do you find one? I am in a big city so should be able to find one, I would think.

Not planning to see one soon, but considering the possibility of it. Probably put it off till after Glacier though :)
    I used to see a sports ortho that I really like a lot and he would send me to PT or to a Chiro.. I have since found a Sport Chiro through a runner friend, who fixed a lot of my issues with orthotics. Neither is really covered by my insurance any more but I get better results with the sports Chiro.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Sigh, school shooting again at a high school. It's several hours from the HS where I teach, but we are all just sick about it. We have a code red scheduled for this morning - which was set since the beginning of the year - so we are all supposed to warn the kids first "it is just a drill" so no one panics. :cry:

This was so heartbreaking and upsetting and I'm not even in a school setting or have children. Hope all goes well with your drill this morning.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Where is our favourite female Canadian ultra runner these days? (JessicaMcB)

@Ryokat I know that @JessicaMcB is in the dreaded Taper right now
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Love you guys, *kitten* hate taper. 2018 Races *Gord's Frozen A** 50K, February 19
    so she might be staying away from the temptation zone that this group is.

If you check in JessicaMcB and see this - GOOD LUCK!!!!