February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    My new baby (Garmin Vivoactive 3) is out for delivery! I'm at work! :'( Fortunately, I work 1.8 miles from my house, lol. So, if it's been delivered before lunchtime I am most definitely swinging my lunch run by my house to pick it up. :D

m7nw9i0i6dv5.jpg

Sounds like might be a tempo run home... :lol:
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I haven't run since Saturday. I've been fighting a cold which I thought turned into the flu on Tuesday. That night I had major chills and slept all bundled up in sweats, long sleeve shirt, hoodie and wool socks with our electric blanket cranked to 10. Yesterday I felt like horrible all day.

I wake up today and I feel as good as I've felt in 3 weeks! I think I might be able to go for a run tonight!

Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your run, but make sure you don't overdo it tonight!

You too @zdyb23456 , make sure you are giving your body plenty of time to truly recover.
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Given the incident in Florida at the school :'(:(<3 .
    Really have no words to describe my emotions on this occurring again.

sarahthes wrote: »
    I am getting sick and tired of all the ice. I slipped and fell walking to my car this morning...

@sarahthes I am so in agreement. The last 2 weeks have been miserable. I can deal with the cold, I can deal with a little ice, this Freezing Rain when it's -20C makes everything one big ice super slider.
    Geared up last night, started my watch, walked from my culdesac over to the Trails. Stepped on the trails and went Ice Dancing. Turned around and went home. It's cold enough that the ice is really hard so screw shoes/traction aids can't bite into it. Grumble Grumble. My friends having been going to a local rec center 20km away with an indoor oval track , 600m 3 lanes, so it is very short with sharp corners and 2 lanes are usually bogged with walkers. If they would all stay to the inside or the outside it would be fine with 1 lane for runners. Some are on the outside, some on the inside so lots of weave and dodge.
    Okay that's my rant.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 you're not excited about your new watch, are you? ;)
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @KatieJane83 you're not excited about your new watch, are you? ;)

Who, me?? Not at all! o:)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Thanks for posting that. Funny thing, between the 2 of them, they have my vest and my bottles. I actually have both the bottles they are carrying, but mainly use 1.