February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Wow @JessicaMcB ! What a turn of events! And I need your IG, can PM it to me? Moderators get annoyed if you post it publically... thanks! :)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Wow @JessicaMcB ! What a turn of events! And I need your IG, can PM it to me? Moderators get annoyed if you post it publically... thanks! :)

Done Pastor V :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Long day at work today and tomorrow will be even longer. I thought I would get to the gym as scheduled to run and lift weights. Stopped after 2.7 miles on the treadmill because I wasn't feeling well. My BG was dropping fast and I felt like I might vomit (not a common hypoglycemia symptom for me, but maybe because I'm tired). Sometimes workouts just aren't good. So I skipped the rest of the run and skipped weights.

Do you check your BG while you run, or you going by feel? I usually go by feel but if there was a way to auto track it while active that would be cool. I have had to abort once or twice and chews some glucose tabs. Makes me pretty annoyed.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Long day at work today and tomorrow will be even longer. I thought I would get to the gym as scheduled to run and lift weights. Stopped after 2.7 miles on the treadmill because I wasn't feeling well. My BG was dropping fast and I felt like I might vomit (not a common hypoglycemia symptom for me, but maybe because I'm tired). Sometimes workouts just aren't good. So I skipped the rest of the run and skipped weights.

Do you check your BG while you run, or you going by feel? I usually go by feel but if there was a way to auto track it while active that would be cool. I have had to abort once or twice and chews some glucose tabs. Makes me pretty annoyed.

I track SG with a CGM.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Odd, I do not seem to have any messages on here, or did you do it on IG?
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I track SG with a CGM.

DUDE. I googled that! I have not heard of such a thing (probably would help if I actually kept my doctor's appointments...nah)! I will have to see about getting one. Getting down to 20 is not fun as you likely know...
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

On here. It says it sent???
  • PastorVincent
    Options

On here. It says it sent???

Nope nothing... but I sent you one. Maybe you can reply to it?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @JessicaMcB No worries, my elite googling skills found you on instagram... and your blog. :) Did add you on IG. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Glad to finally see you back (altho I follow your blog and IG so...) Sorry the race didn't go as you'd hoped, but that seemed to be the case for everyone...and congrats on the win? Can't wait to see how the rest of your year unfolds and you can heal!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

I track SG with a CGM.

DUDE. I googled that! I have not heard of such a thing (probably would help if I actually kept my doctor's appointments...nah)! I will have to see about getting one. Getting down to 20 is not fun as you likely know...

Aren't they super expensive? I looked into them and it seemed like insurance would not cover unless you had poor control, and out of pocket was in the hundreds of dollars per month. @midwesterner85 - what's your experience?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Like the MFP mods? Weird. I wanna follow everyone on IG! (I won't post mine but its pretty close to my MFP name.)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Ugh, that stinks about your leg and your race conditions. I hope your next one goes better!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Like the MFP mods? Weird. I wanna follow everyone on IG! (I won't post mine but its pretty close to my MFP name.)

There is some rule that you are not allowed to post personal contact information in the thread, you have to PM it but I believe I found you in Google and followed you :) So you can look at my followers and find @JessicanMCB ;)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

There is some rule that you are not allowed to post personal contact information in the thread, you have to PM it but I believe I found you in Google and followed you :) So you can look at my followers and find @JessicanMCB ;)

I may have just started stalking people by looking through followers lists........
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

I may have just started stalking people by looking through followers lists........

If I get a new follower this morning that looks like a girl in a hat, I will follow back. ;)