SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele

My word for 2018 is "Pluck"

Definition: spirited and determined courage (not Heather's sheep pluck, LOL!)

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Terry - I've been meaning to ask you, how do you clean your intricate silver jewelry? Can you recommend a product and method? Thanks.

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, my husband and I grocery shop together. We laughingly refer to our lists of "husband chow" and "wife chow". We fix most of our own food. We eat our midday meal together and usually eat the same food, but sometimes that meal is "find it and fix it". On the three days I dance in the mornings, Jake fixes the meal.

:)Lisa, we live in an older manufactured home in a 55+ park. I never thought I'd like a manufactured home, but we love it. Good luck in your search for a home.

<3 Barbie
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Forever home: ours is an '80s vintage doublewide on a knoll in 15 vertical acres of evergreen woods with a tiny peek at the ocean down the powerline easement. Love the location, not loving the doublewide, everything feels so insubstantial. Hate hate HATE the electric stove. Hoping to do a major remodel (floors, kitchen, paint, maybe bathrooms) in phases starting this or next year. Must get my $$ ducks in a row and also persuade Joe to accept the fact and go camping during the action. Wish me luck?

Barbie what causes the water to go out in your neighborhood?
    Lanette think of you every time I use the green store balm on my aching joints;)
    Shirlee welcome! Resonate with your goals. ;)
    Evie realtor who didn't see/read the sign. I get so annoyed folks who don't bother to read or follow rules, especially professionals. You'd think they'd know how important courtesy and consideration are to their business if not to their karma.
    Becca "mentally rent" good solution. Charlie looks a little grumpy... but Thomas and Katie were obviously sweet loves ;) Your lunch looks great except for the tomatoes ;P Love the bathroom scale decor. Walking path looks like it could be creepy like the apple orchard in Wizard of Oz... ;)
    Allie sending good thoughts for your son's possible cat friendly apartment.
    Beth likewise sending good thoughts for solution to your son's living arrangements.
    Rita 11,000 steps? Very well done!
    Janetr LOL, reminds me of a reader's digest snippet: gal was mixing fertilizer, supplements etc into a bowl of potting soil with a big tablespoon and you can guess the rest ;)
    Machka clipped on one side, free on the other, brilliant solution!
    Joyce so glad to hear the coldness is leaving your had/fingers. Trinity is lucky her Gran loves her enough to do her laundry when the time comes ;)
    Sue in WA great deal and right about driving through Seattle time. Please post pics?

New insight to incorporate into my commandments: Do it now, say it later.

Oops, forgot to set timer ;)
    Mindful hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday,

Heather, I keep my jewelry in individual plastic bags. This will keep them from tarnishing. If you have something that is already tarnished I use a polishing cloth. You can also get from a jewelry store a liquid jewelry cleaner that you dip the jewelry in which works pretty good. I use something by Connoisseurs. I’d ask at a good jewelry store in your area.

Machka, I’m sure you did great on the report.

Lisa, I think about what I’m going to want for my last home. I definitely want a room for crafts. I’d also like a kitchen with a lot of counter space, 1 floor and a garage. I’d like a townhouse even though they are not 1 floor . I don’t want to think about repairs and upkeep that comes with owning a house. But DH is pretty much set against a townhouse. He doesn’t want to be that close to his neighbors which I get . What will determine everything is how much we can get for our house.

No real plans for today except to work on taking some jewelry pictures.

Hugs, Terry
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Sitting here trying to get motivated. Split my walk into 3 shorter walks throughout the day, about 20 min each which is a mile each. Made the day fly by! Goal is three miles a day per my HealthCoach. I can easily do it this way.

RV Rita in Columbus NM

Ps. Could never stay in RV or trailer parks. Sites way too close together. Love the state parks and the site we have now. Lots of space.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terry: We live in a townhouse and so do DS and DDIL. Noise from neighbors has not been a problem for either of us. When we lived in a neighborhood of single family homes the neighbor on our right had a barking dog kenneled right next to the fence and only about 10-15 feet from our bedroom wall. Our current home is a townhouse. Both of our homes were built well and we've heard more noise from our neighbor across the walkway than we have ever heard from the unit that shares a wall with us except when a family with screaming teenager girls lived there years ago. The ex husband across the sidewalk from us liked loud music and partying. The current significant other is a great guy. Like anything else, the quality of construction varies by the builder and you have to be observant. I'd also spend a little time in any neighborhood I was considering to see what kind of traffic there is, whether people walk confidently through the area, and things like that. Things that I find as negatives are busy streets and noise. Loud neighbors and partying are also negatives and I suspect you'd have to check that out in the evenings. Good luck with finding the right "last home."

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    ////
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    finally sold our lot by the ocean.. going 2 take a day off on fri to spend the weekend there and bring back what we want and throw what we aren't going t bring back and leave the rest there. gonna have a big final fire w/the kids
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Rita - where do you walk? Are there established paths/trails in the park? I like to imagine myself walking with you and seeing some new scenery - other than the green I see here every day. B) Do you plan to come north when summer arrives?

Lisa
    - DH and I purchased a lot with some acreage in a farm neighborhood a few years ago, thinking when we are tired of "suburbia", it might be a place to put a small retirement home. What we didn't check on was the internet. Now, we find there's no fiber running up that road, so people that live on it have to depend totally on spendy satellite. We are used to high speed internet, fairly inexpensive, through the phone line. (Of course, technology changes and might be very affordable in a few years.) Depending on your needs, that might be something to add to your list when you find your forever home.

We had a knock on the door yesterday - a gal with questions about the home for sale next door. We only talked for a couple minutes (I had supper coming out of the oven), but she told me some of the just plain WRONG info the realtor told her. I answered her questions as best I could and gave her our email address. I am hoping she emails me so I can advise her more about the neighborhood, especially the covenants against noise. We have large lots here and folks with kids might be tempted to let them ride noisy motorbikes around. Covenants prohibit that, but it's not really enforceable, meaning the county sheriff and code enforcement don't do much if it's not breaking the county rules about loud noise.

Barbara in OR - can you hear the ocean when you stand in your yard? Even taking into account an older home that needs updating, your location sounds wonderful and I'll bet that was big part of your decision to move there. <3

It's a warm and rainy day morning, I'm hoping to get at least a small walk in.

Have a good day, ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    2018 is not starting out the healthiest year we’ve had. Hubby still has ear clogged and sniffling up a storm and I got a throat tickle 3 days ago which turned into a scratchy throat and today it is coughing and no voice. Sigh.

a cuddly cat says “stay in bed with me, mommie”:
    8v9euvvvi1l5.png