• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    y4ailo2hm30s.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    back from my class.. it is weird being in a classroom again, but learned interesting stuff..
    I am tired.. been a long weekend.. and I have binge watched grace and frankie on netflix last night,,,,
    I am having a cup of tea and ive taking Alfie out for a walk, will get in my jammies early and try and study some more for the xray test...

Allie
    - good luck on the test, I'm sure you'll do fine!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, feeling good sore after yesterday's intense all day long weight lifting session. Best of all, I had a great five pound drop on the scales! I semi-fasted yesterday and also did a kettlebell 25min session in the morning. I know some of that is water loss, but my pants fit better. YES! Heading in for a dose of Office Stress now. <3 Wendy
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the daily kick Pip. I need it.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

0 runner- 10min, 125ahr, 141mhr, 8.12min mi, 15h, 46l, 120c, 1.21mi= 99c
    Apple Watch- 76c
    lateral machine- 10min, 68aw, 127ahr, 149mhr, 10lvl, 6-10resist, 1.01mi= 97c
    Apple Watch- 76c
    rowing machine- 10min, 90aw, 128ahr, 140mhr, 1910meters = 104c
    Apple Watch- 91c
    arm ski machine- 10min, 118ahr, 136mhr, 44aw, 1514meters= 90c
    Apple Watch- 78c
    floor exercises and TRX- 16min, 3sets of 10ea, 118ahr, 141mhr, 6diff ever, 3 were TRX= 125c
    Apple Watch- 94c

total cal 515
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Laura, have you tried taking your pulse manually when your watch says 218? That is definitely too high and I think checking it manually would be a really good idea. I do think 120 is a little low tho, for getting any kind of cardio workout. I know my dr is fine with mine being up around 140-150. You do want to be able to feel like you're working! Although, if you have heart or other health issues, please ignore me and listen to your health professional!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the wind is still blowing a lot!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    :*<3
  • alsado9988
    alsado9988 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @drKatiebug and @Machka9: Thanks for your comments. I used the recipe creator most of the times I logged something here, but than I ran across a comment from somebody somewhere (I looked at soooo many sites I forgot where that was!) and learned about cronometer.com. Now that's more what I was looking for! The stats it gives you are amazing (I'm a data hog) and I can use my created recipes in other recipes -- that's what I really needed. I don't eat too much "packaged" food -- way too much sodium for us. I really learned a lot in the last 10 days. 10 Prunes have 228 calories! Crap -- literally! ;) My largest percentage in my diet is carbs, lowest is protein. I gotta work on that if I want to succeed in losing 10 lbs. Anyway, thanks for your comments! Check out cronometer sometime and let me know what you think. I still use MFP as my walking app, (I'd get lost otherwise) but I prefer logging my food with cronometer.
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good night to all my new friends. Wishing you an amazing week!! Here in Western NE....we were at 60 degrees and in 4 hours it dropped 40 degrees....we will see what tomorrow brings. Blessings to all of you...my grand-daughter should have arrived today but she has decided to make her mommy work for her arrival. Please keep us in your prayers!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    No exercise today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Next Level class.

So much for healthy eating. Everyone else wanted Mexican food for lunch. To be honest, I don't know that much about Mexican/Cuban food and didn't know which was hot, so I settled for a cheese and bean burrito with rice on the side. I wouldn't normally have had something like this, but I didn't want to be a wet noodle. The other gals wanted it, so I just tried to make the most of the situation.

KJ - how I wish I was one of your kiddos. You are so creative. You're right, the turkey should be cooked for 5 hours. Be sure that when you put it in the oven (or counter roaster -- that's what I use) that it's defosted. You usually have to defrost it for a few days in the refrigerator. You can probably look up online how long it needs to defrost. We usually cook the turkey upside down. Yes, that sounds weird but when you think of it, it makes sense. The juices run down into the breast so it doesn't dry out. I have heard about cooking the turkey in an oven bag, just never done it since bags aren't recommended for the counter-top roaster.

Just skimming so I'm sorry to anyone who I may have missed. The guys should be coming home soon. My friend and her hubby are planning to leave at 5 tomorrow (yes a.m.) as they want to go to Georgia 3 hours away to get the ferry to go to this island. There's only one ferry. I don't remember the name of the place they're planning to go to.

Joyce - this isn't a first for me taking a day off from exercising, it's just that it doesn't happen very often. I know that if I let myself, I would continue to binge eat and not exercise, so I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow. Yea for Mr. Mozart.

We played mahjongg, the one gal left so Dianne and I played Rummikub some.

Laura - I agree with Evelyn, maybe you have your HRM on incorrectly. You might also be getting interference from something else. I know that when I took a spinning class at this one place, if I used a certain bike I got interference from someone next to me so my HRM would show my HR to be much higher than it really was.

Michele in FL right now
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • pipcd34
    Options