wtf am I wrong?

Options
TribeHokie
TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
Alright, I started writing this story out but then it was becoming epic and no one wants to read that. Basically my question is to the boys: if your gf gets seriously hit on at a bar, she shuts the guy down, but then you think he's staring you down the rest of the night, did she emasculate you or otherwise worsen the situation by not letting you step in and "handle" it?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I would be amused at the guys attempts to hit on her.
    And disregard the guy.

Because -I- don't need to prove my manhood.

Date better quality men.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    no, she did not emasculate you. she respected you. that guy is the one with the problem and is best ignored, then forgotten about. he was a weirdo. ur gonna run into those sometimes. such is life.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    And disregard the guy.

Date better quality men.

What if *SHE* needs you to prove your manhood to HER?
    hmmm?
    No games, but ALL women are going to stand up for themselves. Period. But it would be nice to have a man stand up and say.. "Look, lay off... shes with ME!"

What is WRONG with letting a man stand up for his woman? NOTHING. Just like there is nothing wrong with a woman standing up for her man. If you see a trifling hoe up on your man, SAY SOMETHING. If she was raised right, she will back up off your man. Period. Its all about the woman code.. you dont get up on someone elses man. Period.

And what i find funny is... a man is MORE willing to do this with a stranger. Why not do this with someone you KNOW? Its like my husband wil tell off a stranger in a minute! But if its someone we KNOW, and i tell him this person has made remarks to me & its made me uncomfortable.. hes just like.. "Eh, its okay. He doesnt mean anything by it." When the guy obviously DOES! And it pisses me off! Get it together guys! TELL THE MAN THE **** OFF IF YOUR WOMAN TELLS YOU SHE ISNT COMFORTABLE. PERIOD!
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It IS possible to let the other guy know she's with you while at the same time completely disregarding his existence. Do that.
  • whierd
    Options
    And disregard the guy.

Date better quality men.

hmmm?

If -she- needs me to prove my manhood to her, she likely isn't worth my time.

No games, but ALL women are going to stand up for themselves. Period. But it would be nice to have a man stand up and say.. "Look, lay off... shes with ME!"

What is WRONG with letting a man stand up for his woman? NOTHING. Just like there is nothing wrong with a woman standing up for her man. If you see a trifling hoe up on your man, SAY SOMETHING. If she was raised right, she will back up off your man. Period. Its all about the woman code.. you dont get up on someone elses man. Period.

What?
    And what i find funny is... a man is MORE willing to do this with a stranger. Why not do this with someone you KNOW? Its like my husband wil tell off a stranger in a minute! But if its someone we KNOW, and i tell him this person has made remarks to me & its made me uncomfortable.. hes just like.. "Eh, its okay. He doesnt mean anything by it." When the guy obviously DOES! And it pisses me off! Get it together guys! TELL THE MAN THE **** OFF IF YOUR WOMAN TELLS YOU SHE ISNT COMFORTABLE. PERIOD!

You like drama, don't you.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    No way. I'd only step in if she was clearly uncomfortable with shutting the guy down herself.
  • whierd
    Options
    No way. I'd only step in if she was clearly uncomfortable with shutting the guy down herself.

Exactly. There is no need to cause a ruckus for no reason at all.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It IS possible to let the other guy know she's with you while at the same time completely disregarding his existence. Do that.

^this is how I'm used to being handled. I mean seeing it be handled. In a gracious way that does not result in a bar brawl. I'm not sure what all that belligerent stuff above is about but IMO one bonehead's stubborn is not worth going to the mattresses for. No man has to go that far to show respect for me unless the guy is seriously out of line and then it doesn't matter friend or stranger it's gonna get handled. By him, me or both it doesn't matter one iota. Just as long as we leave together and in one piece. Where I'm from you don't go looking for trouble because it's there to be found.
  • TribeHokie
    Options
    Ok thank you everyone for not making me feel like a crazy chick. Btw I don't need my bf to prove his manhood, I know very well what will happen if I tell him some dude touched my *kitten* at the bar. I'm just trying to avoid an incident.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you everyone for not making me feel like a crazy chick. Btw I don't need my bf to prove his manhood, I know very well what will happen if I tell him some dude touched my *kitten* at the bar. I'm just trying to avoid an incident.

In this case, i would really prefer if she let me handle the situation instead of her.This is so out of line:angry: If he is touching,he is gonna be touched back
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    And disregard the guy.

Date better quality men.
    This. End of story.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'd be proud of my girlfriend if she did that... If I were a guy.
  • Sesaza
    Sesaza Posts: 49
    Options
    lol @ taking gf to a bar. what are you, some sort of degenerate?
  • TribeHokie
    Options

In this case, i would really prefer if she let me handle the situation instead of her.This is so out of line:angry: If he is touching,he is gonna be touched back

But why? If she can shut it down then why would it be better for you to come in and intercede?
  • TribeHokie
    Options

Lol you don't even know. If I weren't on my phone I'd pe posting some sort of gif right now...
  • whierd
    Options

OP is a girl.
  • sam308lbs
    Options

But why? If she can shut it down then why would it be better for you to come in and intercede?

i won't if she punched him back and can bench press her body weight.Otherwise i am gonna wreck that dude.Yea i am immature like that
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options

No games

The cognitive dissonance! It... it burns...

IT BURNS! :sad:
  • sam308lbs
    Options

No games

The cognitive dissonance! It... it burns...

IT BURNS! :sad:

lol
  • Pantherz86
    Options
    Myself personally, I would not be mad. I don't need to prove anything, hell I already got the girl. You have to think to yourself she did the same thing she would have done had the bf/hubby not been there.