wtf am I wrong?

Options

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    And usually get dumped when their current 'possession' recognises them as being the one who posted it!
    Right?! Isn't that disgusting, being talked about as "taken", like a seat on a bus?!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    No.

Women don't need men to stand up for them when they can handle a situation on their own. If the guy had persisted in hitting on you, then maybe it would have been best for him to step in but that didn't happen and luckily the situation didn't escalate.

He needs to get over himself.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If I was handling my own situation on my own, and my husband or boyfriend stepped in and interrupted me so that he could take over and do it for me and handle the situation himself...I'd be royally pissed and probably wouldn't talk to him for the rest of the night. And maybe the whole next day as well. Come stand beside me, sure, maybe. But don't imply that I'm helpless.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Right?! Isn't that disgusting, being talked about as "taken", like a seat on a bus?!

Or a s**t.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

i won't if she punched him back and can bench press her body weight.Otherwise i am gonna wreck that dude.Yea i am immature like that

Guys who get on the internet and say they wreck dudes........don't wreck ANYONE

said by someone who calls himself tigerblood on the said internet
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    see there's a difference

1.being hit on, verbal
    it's an everyday situation for some women so they have to handle it and as such must show their bf this is how and what they do when the bf is not around - handle it

2. being groped non verbal while your bf is present.
    which is to an alpha male is really testing his manhood .

Also depends if the other person knows your bf is there or not while they take step 1 or 2 .

1 is easy to handle. One flash of a wedding ring and they usually get the picture.

2 is easy to handle as well. A swift kick to the balls usually does the trick. Let's see him alpha out of that situation.

But then again I am a very strong, very forward, and very blunt woman. Those who date me must feel very secure in their masculinity because I am not "soft".
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thoughtful and insightful answers, and you guys actually gave me some things to think about. Kinda wished I had tried the pinky breaking trick ; )

And now for a delightful and topical saturday morning gif

25f20ao.jpg
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Sooo I went on a 1st date with this guy the other night. He's kind of...small in stature. Maybe 5'6" or 5'7" but just...small. So this huge guy comes in from behind us and literally puts his hand on my shoulder and says "How are you doing Miss?" I turned around and said "Seriously?" but he had already kept walking. He didn't LOOK hammered drunk, but you never know. Maybe he did it because he saw that he could intimidate my date off the bat. I don't know. Nothing came of it, but the guy I was with said "He totally could have taken you home with him if he wanted to" jokingly and somewhat laughing, meaning that he wouldn't have done anything because the guy was so much bigger than him. At first it was kind of a turn off (at this point in time, no talk of a second date :laugh: . Some guys have the guts, no matter the difference in size, to at least say something....but on second thought I really don't blame him. If a girl much taller than me who looked like she could throw down did the same thing, I'm not sure that I would try to start a physical fight. I MIGHT say something. I guess I'd have to be in the situation. But then again I'm a girl. It might be sexist but I'm looking for the kind of strong alpha male who would say something if there was actual touching. I think it depends on the situation. is the other guy alone or surrounded by a biker gang? If the guy touches your *kitten*...TOTALLY different story. If the other guy is just looking? Ideally my guy would give some physical clues that I was his...pull me in closer or put his arm around me or something.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    No. Handling my own problems has nothing to do with my boyfriend.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    No. Handling my own problems has nothing to do with my boyfriend.
    Thread winner.:drinker:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you like drama.

I don't, and I handle those situations just fine on my own. My husband likes that about me.
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    Alright, I started writing this story out but then it was becoming epic and no one wants to read that. Basically my question is to the boys: if your gf gets seriously hit on at a bar, she shuts the guy down, but then you think he's staring you down the rest of the night, did she emasculate you or otherwise worsen the situation by not letting you step in and "handle" it?

I'm glad she handled it. I'd preferred she had set up a fake date and sent the *kitten* on a wild goose chase.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    No way. I'd only step in if she was clearly uncomfortable with shutting the guy down herself.

Exactly! Why risk a fight or some other kind of ugly confrontation, and why undermine your girlfriend's independence by treating her as if she can't handle her own problems? It's one thing if the guy is inappropriately touching her or won't back off when told to. But going around "proving" your manhood in public is a sure way to signal to everyone in the room that you're not much of a man at all!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Let your man protect you.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I would be amused at the guys attempts to hit on her.
    And disregard the guy.

Because -I- don't need to prove my manhood.

Date better quality men.

Perfect answer.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    She cares about you and she doesn't want to see you get beat up or humiliated.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I would be amused at the guys attempts to hit on her.
    And disregard the guy.

Because -I- don't need to prove my manhood.

Date better quality men.

Yeah, I can't imagine my husband getting all worked up over something like that.

It shows a serious lack of maturity.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    No way. I'd only step in if she was clearly uncomfortable with shutting the guy down herself.

Exactly. There is no need to cause a ruckus for no reason at all.

^^this exactly is how i like to roll. The less drama the better.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    your boyfriend sounds young and immature.
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want my bf stepping in because I can handle it on my own. Now, if he kept going to the point where I felt very uncomfortable then I would understand him stepping in. I hate when people see strangers flirting with their SO and confront the stranger with "back off he/she is MINE!" I mean, they're strangers... they don't know. Whenever men hit on me I politely say "thank you but I have a boyfriend" and that usually makes them back off haha.