wtf am I wrong?

Options

Replies

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    I can handle myself and would never be with anyone who thought otherwise or felt he need to intervene to prove his worth as a man. It's not about emasculation- it's about being a strong confident woman that can stand up for herself and doesn't need drama to make a point.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Anyone can say anything to my girl. If it bothers her, and they don't stop, they will have to answer to me. It's very simple. If she's enjoying it, then I will reevaluate our relationship. We'll probably have a chat about it later. But, the appropriate response should be that she handled it, and that's the end.

Groping is different. I hate these situations because it has all the makings of a bar fight. And, the one that "starts the fight" is the one the bouncer takes his aggression out on. The starting of the fight would appear to be you, not the groper. Unfortunately, though, you at least have to have a conversation with the guy about it. But, it depends. If he's with buddies, and the seem a bit rowdy and drunk, you may want to just tell a bartender or bouncer. They may cut him off or something. Lol. It's situational because I don't like to get thrown out of bars. And i really dont like to fight anymore. It hurts. And, it's never worth it. I would have to say something, but I wouldn't want it to erupt. Plus, where I live, people get shot and stabbed in these situations. So, I tend to be cautious. I used to know people that just go out to intentionally get in fights and they sometimes have a weapon, like a knife, on them. So, you really have to think about if it's worth it, and you have to evaluate if this is just some dumb *kitten* that's had a bit too many bud lights, or is this dude really intentionally starting trouble. If its the latter, watch out. They may not have as much to lose as you. Prison doesn't scare them at all, 3 squares and free room and board looks pretty good to some people.

This is dead on ! The guy that throws the first one is the guy going to jail. And trust me the Judge won't care that he grabbed your gals *kitten*.
  • playgun
    playgun Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Let the girl handle unwanted advances, if the meathead doesn't get the picture or gets touchy, break his ****ing head open and let the pickled contents drain!
    I for one think its sexy if a women can handle herself! But that's just me, and I'm damaged so, whatever!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I would be amused at the guys attempts to hit on her.
    And disregard the guy.

Because -I- don't need to prove my manhood.

Date better quality men.

Yeah, I can't imagine my husband getting all worked up over something like that.

It shows a serious lack of maturity.

Unless you like dating guys that go to jail all the time.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My bf *expects* me to handle it myself, otherwise it would appear that I liked it and was open to it. If I shut the guy down and he still doesn't leave me alone, then I tell the bf about it and he can reinforce it.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Let your man protect you.
    This statement requires a premise that I do not agree to. :huh:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What would that be?
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

From what? A man who dares find me attractive and approach me? Scary.
    I don't know how any relationship could ever start without someone being attracted to someone and approaching someone.
  • MinMin97
    Options

I don't know how any relationship could ever start without someone being attracted to someone and approaching someone.
    I was answering the question. I don't know what you are answering.
  • whierd
    Options
    What would that be?

That you need/want a man to protect you. That it is wrong for a guy to find you attractive and approach you. Really, take your pick.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

I was answering the question. I don't know what you are answering.

I'm a freestyler.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    What would that be?

That you need/want a man to protect you. That it is wrong for a guy to find you attractive and approach you. Really, take your pick.
    Are you protecting her lol?

That's not what I said. I said, "Let your man protect you." I did not say, "It is wrong for a guy to find you attractive and approach you."
  • whierd
    Options
    What would that be?

Are you protecting her lol?

That's not what I said. I said, "Let your man protect you." I did not say, "It is wrong for a guy to find you attractive and approach you."

Am I protecting her? Uh...no? I think you are getting confused. The person said they disagreed with the premise of your statement. You did not understand. I answered what those premises would be. Not.Difficult.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Wheird, you are guessing my premise.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What if *SHE* needs you to prove your manhood to HER?

Then he has no business being with her. If you need a dude to "prove" his manhood to you, then you clearly don't respect him or shouldn't be with him. It's not a game at a circus where the big bell rings if you do the macho thing.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Protect? There was no danger. Only a mild annoyance. Why would anyone need a man to protect them from a mild annoyance? That's not a 'protection' scenario. And the man/woman relationship is based on much more than protection, I would hope.

Unless you're being facetious and just posting a glib answer as a joke, in which case...ha ha ha.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    handle what? honey, don't let your ego get to big because there were girls scoping your man also. that was nothing....
  • MinMin97
    Options

Protect? There was no danger. Only a mild annoyance. Why would anyone need a man to protect them from a mild annoyance? That's not a 'protection' scenario. And the man/woman relationship is based on much more than protection, I would hope.

Unless you're being facetious and just posting a glib answer as a joke, in which case...ha ha ha.
    Apparently, she did not find it mild, as she "shut him down", and neither did he. And, he was motivated and wanted to protect her. To which I say let him! You can answer the OP differently if you want to.
    No, not being facetious/glib.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    What would that be?

Aaaaactually, I meant that it presumes that one "has a man". What about lesbians? Happily celibate people? All those people are capable of enforcing their own boundaries... Why does adding a penis into the equation change anything?
  • MinMin97
    Options
    What would that be?

Aaaaactually, I meant that it presumes that one "has a man". What about lesbians? Happily celibate people? All those people are capable of enforcing their own boundaries... Why does adding a penis into the equation change anything?
    Again I say, I was answering the question.