Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am officially back. I have fell off the wagon too many times to count celebrating my birthday. I have no regrets because I had a great time celebrating this milestone in my life!!! I need to catch up to see what everyone is doing!

I like that! No regrets! We have to just live our lives happy and as healthy as we can. But that doesn't mean we just eat carrot sticks and drink water. Sometimes, indulging is a necessity. Happy you enjoyed.

LMAO! That's what I will be eating/drinking for the next month or so to detox! LOL!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Thanks, @dbanks80. Yes, I had a GLORIOUS time in Italy. Six days in Florence followed by 3 days in Rome, then back to Florence for one last night before leaving. I felt like I was coming "home" to Florence that last day. Rome was grand and awesome and spectacular (Colosseum, Vatican), but Florence was a place where I could wander the streets and hear street musicians and visit with the lovely, kind, beautiful people forever. It turns out mid-March is a good time to go. We saw Michelangelo's David, everything in the Uffizi, etc. with no crowds to speak of. We did have to keep umbrellas handy, but a slight rain actually added to the charm of the cobblestoned streets. My SIL's amazing and shocking gift of business-class seats made the trans-Atlantic flight a delight rather than something to dread.

Anyway . . . back to the business at hand. You are right that I need to "pretend it's January" in terms of recapturing that enthusiasm and positive feeling toward not drinking I had a few months ago. I remember being so happy with what I was seeing in the mirror and feeling in the morning. Just have to get back to that.

Sooooo glad you had a great time! Ok now the fun is over it's time to get back to reality and get back on track!!!

I'm excited for when I go in August.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    Lots of extra positive vibes in here this morning. To the new people welcome and gather strength through others experiences in this group. Feelings you thought only you were dealing with have been our struggles as well.

Pre-regretting vacations, holidays, birthdays, anniversary's, Christmas parties, picnics, tail gating, etc...etc... Why do we all fear what is days, weeks or months down the road? As I read above, I too am having a month in advance wishy washy feelings of what will happen when I go away for my Anniversary. UGH. So much time spent trying to do the right thing only to worry about what has not arrived yet. I feel strong enough to keep on the right path.
    I wish all of you that are questioning or dreading upcoming events easy times once they arrive.

Ordered my first ever Arnold Palmer when we went out last night. Not bad, I will keep an ongoing "dry" list in my phone for future social excursions.

Im not having any regrets. I work hard and am going to enjoy my vacation!!!
    I am just being aware of past habits and recognizing that the week after vacation I struggle to jump back into my good habits i had pre-vacation[/quote]

I agree with you 100% ENJOY YOUR VACATION with NO regrets. That's what vacations are for. Like said get back on track IMMEDIATELY when you come back. That is the key.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @donimfp- So glad you had a wonderful time in Italy. I was not able to visit Florence when I was there and that is my only regret. I have heard so many wonderful things about Florence. It appears to be everyone's favorite city. The highlight of my trip was Lake Como, specifically the village of Verena. It was magical. But I definitely want to return to Italy to visit Florence, especially after reading your posts!

I am glad to read this. I am going in August

Rome
    Florence
    Como
    Venice

I am looking forward to this after reading everyone's experiences

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Thanks, @dbanks80. Yes, I had a GLORIOUS time in Italy. Six days in Florence followed by 3 days in Rome, then back to Florence for one last night before leaving. I felt like I was coming "home" to Florence that last day. Rome was grand and awesome and spectacular (Colosseum, Vatican), but Florence was a place where I could wander the streets and hear street musicians and visit with the lovely, kind, beautiful people forever. It turns out mid-March is a good time to go. We saw Michelangelo's David, everything in the Uffizi, etc. with no crowds to speak of. We did have to keep umbrellas handy, but a slight rain actually added to the charm of the cobblestoned streets. My SIL's amazing and shocking gift of business-class seats made the trans-Atlantic flight a delight rather than something to dread.

Anyway . . . back to the business at hand. You are right that I need to "pretend it's January" in terms of recapturing that enthusiasm and positive feeling toward not drinking I had a few months ago. I remember being so happy with what I was seeing in the mirror and feeling in the morning. Just have to get back to that.

Did you climb to the top of the Duomo and make it across the Ponte Vecchio to the Pitti Palace? Those were some of my favorite things in Florence. Oh, and what was your favorite gelato flavor!?
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I really want to follow this thread; it’s not a “group” I can join, is it? I just adjusted my notifications...I guess just wondering if there is some way to be notified when comments are made in my newsfeed or whatever. Message me! Thanks! Trying very hard to stay sober and would like to follow this discussion

I think if you just tag it as a yellow 'star' favorite it will give you notifications. If you want them emailed to you, I think you have to adjust your notification settings. Peace be with you.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Leeg5656 is right about the yellow star. Not sure how to set up notifications, but when you go to community, they will show.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No work tomorrow. Hubs is making shrimp tacos for dinner. Would really love to stop on the way home from work and grab a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. I have to stop for sour cream anyway. Ugh.
  • wigi41
    wigi41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am feeling that ugh today too, springsweet. For some reason, I am really really missing red wine today...is it because it's been three months since I've had any? I don't know what it is but I haven't been craving it like this since the first few days that I stopped drinking it back in January...
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    MFP has been hacked. If you use this password for any other sites you need to change it.
  • snoo61
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    MFP has been hacked. If you use this password for any other sites you need to change it.

I was coming on to warn people too :)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »

I was coming on to warn people too :)

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/29/technology/business/myfitnesspal-data-breach-stolen/index.html
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Change it here on MFP or the others? Not sure what to do.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hack heads up everyone.
  • snoo61
    Options
    ehseeker wrote: »

Change it here on MFP or the others? Not sure what to do.

I'd do both to be safe
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    Just had a massage for the first time since Dry January and I must say that feeling beats wine any day! Too bad I can't do it every single night, LOL. But highly recommended. I did feel like with all the money I was saving not buying booze I could totally justify spending the money on something that was actually good for me.

Good for you! A massage is so good and it flushes toxins. I had a massage on my one month AF anniversary.
    You have saved a lot of money!
    Most precious though is you've gained peace of mind on this journey.
    How is your son doing? I thought about you and him.