Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    In the comment section someone said this, “Everyone must choose one of two pains:
    The pain of discipline
    or the pain of regret.” My new motto.

I like this. I am hoping the pain of discipline won't be painful for TOO long.

I like this too!
    I've had too much regret. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Good night everyone! I just downloaded and read the sample on Kindle called Alcohol Lied to me By Craig Beck.
    Here's a shot of one of his pages....py6etdpcd4mh.png
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Today I’m on day 4 sober. I’m also on my period. I also work in a bar. I feel so irritable lol. I’m basically dealing with this right now by telling myself it’s just a lot of bad feelings, it’ll pass. I also remember how bad it was 4 days ago, and I am well aware that I have been trying to recover from that night this whole time. I’m tired of it. Really tired of it. So I’m going to bed. Tomorrow I go and talk to a doctor about withdrawal meds and programs available at a place called CAMH here in Toronto, Canada. The organization deals with addiction, it’s not a hospital.

Congrats on day 4! That's a big deal! You're on the right track and I can see you're very determined ! Cheering for you ! Xo
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @Jent304 - wow, I love this: “Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” Thanks for sharing. Sorry you're struggling. You've done it before, I know you can do it again. Have you by any chance checked out alcoholmastery.com? Others here have recommended it, but I just started listening to his videos. Really good stuff. You can look at the first video, where he'd been AF for one week, and then another where it's been a year. You will not believe the difference. Inspirational.