Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Good morning, Team! Here is an inspirational quote for the day:

"Habits are the only prison where the locks are on the inside."

I love this! This is from a podcast called Alcohol Mastery I've been listening to. He says basically that every habit is based on repetition, whether good or bad. Since we are the only prison guard, we are the ones that can get up, unlock the door, and walk out to freedom. This is a very empowering image to me.

I am a big believer in the Alcohol Mastery person's advice. I have watched his videos religiously as I geared up to quit. Actually, he was my first inspiration for thinking about quitting. Great quote!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @JenT304 I love Alcohol Mastery's last words on each of his videos: "And keep the alcohol out of your mouth!" Sounds simple, but it's not. But it's pretty cut and dry advice.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi All, back from my birthday weekend. My husband and I rented an airstream AirBnb in Paso Robles, ca - gorgeous wine country - we brought our bikes and rode from winery to winery. It was seriously so fun, but lots of wine (though spread out). I am totally back to AF this week. Will definitely be checking in for inspiration from you all. AF tonight and it feels great but wanting a bowl of ice cream :)
    Glad to catch up and read how everyone is doing

Sounds like an amazing birthday weekend! And hey, at least you rode bikes everywhere instead of riding in cars.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Let's say last week was a bust. :( It wasn't the worst, but I've had better Moderation weeks.
    Win moment, last night I poured myself a strict 5oz glass of chard and I sipped and enjoyed it ever so so so slowly.

Mon-Thurs AF for me this week.

My SIL gave me a quart of homemade LimonCello. What can I make out of it other than a mixed drink?
  • ali3boys
    ali3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Is it weird to say I felt more in control of my weight NOT AF then AF !?! I didn't know this at the time, but before Lent I kept thinking wow " I'm going to lose so much weight not drinking these empty calories week after week ... Um nope !!! I'm still doing my same song and dance of losing through the week what I went up over the weekend :s I've developed these crazy strong cravings now :o Especially in the SWEET category :# ugh !!!! It's disappointing; I mean there is SO MUCH GOOD from being AF ... But surprisingly some areas not so amazing; that I thought might change. :|
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    ali3boys wrote: »
    Is it weird to say I felt more in control of my weight NOT AF then AF !?! I didn't know this at the time, but before Lent I kept thinking wow " I'm going to lose so much weight not drinking these empty calories week after week ... Um nope !!! I'm still doing my same song and dance of losing through the week what I went up over the weekend :s I've developed these crazy strong cravings now :o Especially in the SWEET category :# ugh !!!! It's disappointing; I mean there is SO MUCH GOOD from being AF ... But surprisingly some areas not so amazing; that I thought might change. :|

I once heard that since alcohol is sugar, you get addicted to sugar, hence your cravings.
    I know it's discouraging, and it seems like everyone else is losing weight. But hang in there. Your organs are benefiting, your mind is adjusting, and once you quit most sugar, your body will adjust. I know that my belly got a lot flatter after quitting even if the pounds lost werent that amazing. xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    Let's say last week was a bust. :( It wasn't the worst, but I've had better Moderation weeks.
    Win moment, last night I poured myself a strict 5oz glass of chard and I sipped and enjoyed it ever so so so slowly.

Mon-Thurs AF for me this week.

My SIL gave me a quart of homemade LimonCello. What can I make out of it other than a mixed drink?

Oh my that is delicious! Homemade Limoncello! I wouldn't mix that liquid gold with anything. Just sip and enjoy.
    Here's to a better week moderating. xo
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I was AF for 7 months in 2011 and didn't lose a freakin pound.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    nanishora wrote: »
    Loving this. A bit too late in for this month but nonetheless in.

Consider it practice for the April thread. Welcome! :)
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I was AF for 7 months in 2011 and didn't lose a freakin pound.

Yeah in Jan when I was totally AF I expected to lose a lot and I did lose some weight but not as much as I expected. I always wonder if somehow wine calories are metabolized differently? I also think I eat more when I’m not drinking. I do not tend to be a snacker when I drink wine, but when I don’t it seems like I’m hungry in the evening.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    nanishora wrote: »
    Loving this. A bit too late in for this month but nonetheless in.

Welcome! Happy to see you!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @MissMay can you share the Sangria recipe?? Sounds yummy and I have store frozen blueberries. It won't be as good as yours, but maybe I can make it for Easter...
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I'm back. I need motivation.

We're here for you. Remember the 6 minute rule- cravings will pass in 6 minutes. Distract yourself. Substitute with tea or flavored water. Positive self talk. YOU can do anything! Xox
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Five minute pick me up:)
    https://youtu.be/pWM-2mLiDMM