Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Great video by the author of Alcohol Lied to me. It's for those of us who cant moderate.
    Five minutes worth every second of time watching it. Xo

https://youtu.be/DAYKB7_Cook
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Hey guys! Update on me: Today is day 4 AF. I feel good. But the weekend will be tough. We're already planning on going to a food truck party at our favorite local brewery tomorrow. :/ Wish me luck!

Hang in there. Work that willpower muscle. I think once you make it to ten days, you will feel so good. Keep feeling good :)
  • RubyRed427
    edited March 2018
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Feeling good and positive on this cold but sunny Friday
    Last night I logged onto that new site i joined Drinkaware.com. there are many helpful tools that are interactive. I was able to fill in every day for every month since 2018 began. It allows you to select "no drinking day" or the amount and type of drink (s) you may have had that day. Then it will either show up green, yellow or red to let you know if your GREEN within a low risk for the day, YELOW you should be cautious or RED for a slap in the head warning that you are binge drinking.
    Binge drinking...there I said it out loud.
    There were way to many days that were RED on my monthly calenders. I thought since I had more non drinking days since Jan 1st I was doing pretty good. But as it turns out I was binge drinking.
    That is not good because it was not very long ago in years that I was not drinking at all, not a drop. Becoming comfortable around heavy drinkers while out having fun may have sparked it. But that is no excuse and I won't blame anyone.

Happy Anniversary Jen. And for everyone traveling to far and wonderful places....ENJOY!

Love your self-reflection and honesty. Thanks for sharing this app.
    Before Jan. 1st, I was a binger - more was better and I kept pouring one more drink.
    And it was on weekends only, and then I started to drink one drink in the evenings, and then that turned into many drinks in an evening... and then I became a binger.
    We are all on our own journey to see what works for us. So happy to be sharing it with you. Xo
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Medical procedure (colonoscopy) done yesterday, with 7 days AF. As they asked me questions before giving me the anesthetic, it made me realize how perfect my body really is, especially at my age, and that I am a fool for not taking better care of it. On any meds? No. Any heart problems? No. Breathing problems? No. I mentioned that I'd never had an IV before, and that surprised one of the nurses.

So I've started a grocery list for the week, and mapping out my meals so I know what I'm eating - no guessing. Meal prep today with honey BBQ meatloaf, bird balls (turkey & chicken meatballs), turkey taco meat, shredded chicken for chicken salad and chicken tacos, honey garlic shrimp - all healthy recipes. Also planning for decadent desserts: mug cake, Halo Top ice cream, nana disks (frozen banana with PB2 chocolate)...

No room for wine in that plan!

Wishing you all the best my friend!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers! Share your goals, ups, and downs. Everyone here is very supportive, and we are all learning our way...from each other at times. :)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Also, its good to hear from regulars that have been missed. Life gets busy, but I was thinking about you.
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Wishing you all the best my friend!

And have a great time on your cruise. You're so right, this thread has really given me a lot to think about and makes it easier to say no to overdoing it...but no reason you can't enjoy.

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    YESTERDAY: total surprise, but I didn't drink as a result of it. YAY for me!!!!!!! Employer ( independent -client-disabled-already admited recovering alcoholic) almost at the end of my shift (almost said ship for some reason, lol) asked if I can take her to the store. Back up one minute---I have asked her to only use my car for urgent requests prior to this--. We get in the car and I ask what store are we going to? She then says that she is bad, but her 17 year old and his girlfriend (age unknown) want some wine????????? She would rather that they drink at her house if they are going to drink............. Seriously I already suspected it was time to quit this client before this......................
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    mazcor536 wrote: »
    You’re amazing hun. One day at a time, one small battle at a time. You’ll win the war. X

Swear to God, I read this as "one small bottle at a time" LOL

Me too.Thought it strange advice. Small bottles? thinking of Joan Wilder in Romancing the Stone.

• RubyRed427
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Definitely working hard at the Atlantic City Beerfest. Decided to bust out my fitbit. Just Thursday and Friday I have walked 45,000+ steps, which is over 20 miles. And Saturday is actually the hard day... wish my feet luck, haha.
    Yes I am drinking some of the beer as well, but at least I know I am burning off those empty calories!

That is a hell of a lotta steps!! Wow!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Wow! I haven't been on this thread in a while...I am still free and happy. I have been spending time on diet, working out, gardening, and music....I even started some threads of my own on exercising 10 min/day and playing music 15 min/day. Since these MFP threads have helped me so much, I thought I would start some of my own.
    It has been 81 days for me...and what a much better life...so happy that I found this thread, as it really helped me change my life in the right direction! :)

Awesome to Hear from you! Please share your threads with us! We would love it! Congrats on your success in improving your health and happiness ! Xo