Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,731 Member
    Options
    a2gaytztv1l7.jpeg
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, I'm enjoying my Sunday here. Yesterday I spent almost the entire day in my garden and absolutely loved it. I wanted to share with you the awesome book I've been listening to by Dr. Gregor called How Not To Die, in which he discusses all the diseases that kill you, Heart disease, Cancer, Alzheimers, Diabetes etc and what you need to eat and do in order not to get them or heal it if you've got it already. He has a huge website with hundreds of free videos. If you'd rather read than watch (I do cause I read superfast and videos take too long) then you can click on View Transcript below the video and read it instead. Dr. Gregor donates ALL the money from his books and lectures to charity. Here is a link to one of his many videos that gives an overview of what his book explains. https://nutritionfacts.org/video/from-table-to-able/ All of his facts are based on the latest scientific research. He reads every medical and research journal that is published in English then passes that information on in a way that the average person can grasp quickly. <3 Wendy
    PS Betty how are you doing?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,432 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lenora - great to see you back on here!

Katla - hope you had a nice lunch and Arrow was behaving himself!

Barbie - glad Jake is doing well on Tylenol and you were able to get your walk in with your friend AND that she's an early walker like you are. At least three gals on my street have seen me walking and mentioned they'd love to join me some time. I tell them I'm up at the crack of dawn and they are welcome to tag along. They aren't early risers and I'm generally up by 4 or 5 and raring to go once it gets light out, plus there's not much traffic when a person is out at that time - it's much easier to chat when 2 folks are walking side by side than single file with cars whizzing by. Sigh. Maybe I'll get an early riser one of these days. Otherwise, I really do love walking by myself. :)

Becca - I was going to ask you if Lee is ready to pass gas or have a BM, lol. B) When my DH had his colon surgery, the surgeon said it would take a couple days for his guts to "wake up". He was so thrilled when he finally f@rted! It meant he was closer to going home and wouldn't need to wear a colostomy bag. Thankfully he didn't need valium on that drive home-local hospital.

Rita - you are a human pincushion, lol. I wondered about taking Claritin or Zyrtec, but haven't so far. After your post I dug out the pamphlet they gave me -- it only mentions taking an antihistamine if I get a reaction after the shot, and I'm supposed to wait ten minutes after I get the shots to see if I get reactions. I did have to sign a paper saying I promised to have an Epi-pen handy if I give myself the shots(which I don't). I noticed when I was messing with my little tomato seeds and the potting soil I sneezed, nose ran, etc. but nothing more severe. I'll call the allergy office on Monday and see what they recommend.

Allie
    - let us know how the picker works out. That's an idea for getting rid of items in my DH's shop, come to think of it. I'll mention it to him. Is your sneezing from a cold or allergy going thru dad's stuff=dust perhaps?

Welcome CharliAnn! We all started out with small steps and you have a good plan. If something's not working, don't be afraid to try something else. Lots of good advice and helpers here! Go for it! I remember when I was starting out walking and running a little a few years ago, I told a friend of mine I was disappointed I only made it a mile. She's a marathon runner. She said, "Are you kidding? Don't be disappointed! You already outdid most of the gals your age! Just do what you can-it all adds up!" She was so right and I stopped beating myself up for not being what I thought should be perfect.

Terri - can't wait to see how you incorporate those pieces!

Regarding my DH's eating habits, I actually have cooked a few things that are healthful in the past couple weeks that he has eaten:

1.) Beans & Greens & Sausage (Italian sausage cooked down with sliced onion & garlic, add a little tomato sauce and chicken broth. When that's done throw in a few cups of chopped fresh spinach and a can of drained cannellini beans. He put it over macaroni and loved it, adding some Ragu --- he ate beans and spinach willingly!)

2.) Cabbage Roll Casserole (shredded cabbage layered in a casserole with browned hamburger, cooked rice, diced onion & garlic & tomato sauce. After a couple layers top with mozzarella cheese and bake for an hour. He requested this again and I like it because it's tasty and easy and no messing around with floppy cabbage leaves.)

OK ladies, hope everyone is doing well!

Lanette
    Overcast SW WA State

• pipcd34
    Options
    Lllll
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day

Spin- 50min, 110aw, 85ar, 130ahr, 152mhr, 13.8mi= 477c
    Apple Watch- 486c
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Becca- I think your DH is very wise to get up and move as much as possible. I have a friend whose DH was in hospital for hip replacement and he wouldn’t get up and walk. It has been two years and he still won’t walk. So you go Lee take those laps around the hospital.
    Worked in garden finishing up mulching the flower beds so Everything is neat now. My white iris is blooming and is beautiful.
    Barbie- there are two sides to the pain medication story. You don‘t want to take too much but if you don’t take enough you don’t move enough and that causes problems. My DDIL says don’t let the pain get ahead of you. Best wishes to Jake, I’ve been there and know he is in pain.
    Happy St Patrivks day to all.
    Suebdew in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pppp