Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    People do look at you kind of crazy when you live in the United States of America and say that you have never been to Disneyland/world. Kind of funny, really. World has only been around since 1970 something.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in with all of you for my Sunday. Had dinner with my sister, her family, and my brother on Sunday. We had a choice of spaghetti squash or spaghetti with the marinara sauce. I was great, I chose the spaghetti squash, It was actually good. When they brought out the cupcakes for the kids birthday (my niece and nephew celibate the same month) I had one half of one cupcake and stopped there. I also had the smallest of nubs of a piece of Italian sausage and added it as 2 oz. I know i'm not supposed to weigh myself every day but I gained one pound. Not sure if it is because of how I ate or would have gained the pound no matter what. My son is supposed to come over tonight because he will be on this side of town for a class he is going to. I always enjoy every minute I get to be with him.

Kyla what part of ohio do you live in. I live Northeast near the lake in Lake county. I read your post and was thinking that if your husband is blind he would have to be very neat so that he can find things easily. If he does not put things in an exact spot he will not find it. It may not be OCD really but survival.

Dana you made me smile this morning with your picture of the giraffe. Last summer we stayed at a resort in Disney World that had giraffes walking around on the property along with other animals. I loved the giraffes the best. They are so sweet.

Well I have to get off to work. It is going to be a busy day and have to get home in time to welcome my son when he comes over.

Charlie Ann, I just wanted to say that some of us on here weigh ourselves every day and some even do a morning and night weighing. Who's "rules" are you following? We can set our own rules for what works individually and some of us find daily weighing to help us stay on track and correct course and also not panic when we see the daily ups and downs. We can also see how different foods, salt levels, eating out, etc affect our weight, as well as times of the month and even seasons of the year. So don't apologize for weighing yourself whenever you feel the need. It's your body, do what you deem best.

Sharon, I love the Arty Party!

Penny, I enjoy seeing your Northern pics and hearing about your life there. There is a place for everyone in the world. It wouldn't be my choice as I hate the cold. We very rarely get snow here in the moderate microclimate where I live. Other parts of New Zealand get snow, but not us. We are ten minutes from the sea and our weather is "mild". We get plenty of wind and rain and it's usually not too hot not too cold. And then a few nasty storms every year. So a bit of everything really. The rule here is to expect four seasons in one day and dress in layers so you can put on or take off as needed. I like this climate, (even though I do complain on cold rainy days!) because I can ride my horses year round and walk, hike, bike, garden outside. I get cabin fever if forced inside for long times. But I do try to pry my husband away during our winter season to take a holiday somewhere where the sun is shining. I could easily live six months in NZ and six months in USA, and have year round summer. I am working on this plan but it means having a trusted person (possibly one of my daughter's) live on our property to take care of animals while I am away...(And reducing animals numbers so it's not too great a burden on her) So I need to stop getting new animals!

It's a glorious day off here and I am about to take Jock and Major for their morning walk then do kettlebells and hula hoop and then horses, gardening, writing and cooking. Will make a lentil, mushroom curry to go with my rainbow salad: purple cabbage, beets, red onion, tomato, red pepper, yellow pepper, carrot, greens, alfalfa sprouts, broccoli, mushroom, beans with avacado, garlic, soymilk ,coriander and basil dressing.
    <3 Wendy
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Kelley, Way to go girl!!!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ That could definitely make a beautiful card. Maybe your daughter should get it blown up and framed.

Yvonne ~ What a tedious job you are undertaking. My hat is off to you!

Carol in GA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options