What Is A Fitness Goal You Have That You Don't Typically Share?

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Regularly keep my resting heart rate <50
    Move my Vo2 max up higher than 54 (current max)
    Complete a sprint and Olympic Triathlon this year

If I shared those goals with my friends and acquaintances I would just get blank stares in return, lol.

Same. I don't share any of my fitness goals because I'm just a reserved person in general, but my friends and family group is very small (by choice) and only 2 of them even workout so I just keep things to myself.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

If I shared those goals with my friends and acquaintances I would just get blank stares in return, lol.

Same. I don't share any of my fitness goals because I'm just a reserved person in general, but my friends and family group is very small (by choice) and only 2 of them even workout so I just keep things to myself.

I stopped posting fitness activities and information on FB - I have hundreds of friends there that are intensely interested in cat pics and complaining about the weather but are completely indifferent to fitness. I began posting on Instagram and get follows and likes from strangers who at least pretend to be interested in what I'm doing, lol (same username as on MFP ;) )
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I stopped posting fitness activities and information on FB - I have hundreds of friends there that are intensely interested in cat pics and complaining about the weather but are completely indifferent to fitness. I began posting on Instagram and get follows and likes from strangers who at least pretend to be interested in what I'm doing, lol (same username as on MFP ;) )

Same here. Exactly. Once it got to the point where I had everyone on FB blocked, I just deactivated totally. Best. Decision. Ever.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Bry, I love your first two goals. You're an endurance athlete and blessed in the VO2 department, I assume.

I have a FB friend (and RL friend) who does double and triple anvils. He's amazingly blessed; no sports related injuries EVER. I eventually became desensitized to his racing updates (seriously, how many times can you run 50 miles?;p).
  • goatg
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Touch my fingers PAST my toes
    Here's to 52 weeks of fitness in a row!

How about your head to your toes? ;p
    (this is an old picture)

Seriously, 52 weeks is an admirable goal! Good luck!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Touch my fingers PAST my toes
    Here's to 52 weeks of fitness in a row!

How about your head to your toes? ;p
    (this is an old picture)

4wdx9wkbzs5c.jpg

*Kitten* yeah! That would be awesome! LOL.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I'm in team wanna-do-a-push-up. Pull-ups seem so far out of the realm of possibility at the moment that I don't even have a goal there. Really, I just want to keep developing my all-around fitness, and maybe get modestly good at a couple of things. And still be lifting weights when I'm 90.
  • goatg
    Options
    [quote="Crafty_camper123;c-41525319"

[/quote]

*Kitten* yeah! That would be awesome! LOL. [/quote]

I edited it to be less obnoxious, lol.
    1 day at a time : )
  • jjpptt2
    edited March 2018
    Options
    goatg wrote: »

*Kitten* yeah! That would be awesome! LOL.

I edited it to be less obnoxious, lol.
    1 day at a time : )

That's worth being obnoxious about. Impressive.
  • cindyj568
    cindyj568 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a number of goals this year. Since Nov 2016 I've lost 5st7 (35kg) and am now aiming to maintain.

In terms of fitness my strength goals are to do unassisted dips and pull ups. I can currently do both with bands, but unassissted dips are a lot more realistic than pull ups!

I also am aiming to complete a virtual race each month from 5k up to half marathon distance. I've completed ones for January and February and signed up for one in March.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't share because the people I know tend to disbelieve/discount and I'm tired of proving I'm on the path.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    I forgot to mention the one goal that I might actually be able to accomplish this year: get back into Xterra racing.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @Bry - Nice goals. But fair warning: Participation in Goal #3 is a slippery slope and often a gateway to all sorts of crazy, expensive and time consuming endeavors. :)

@goatg - As someone with the flexibility of a stale pretzel, it hurts to even think about that pose. Very impressive, indeed.
  • goatg
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @Bry - Nice goals. But fair warning: Participation in Goal #3 is a slippery slope and often a gateway to all sorts of crazy, expensive and time consuming endeavors. :)

@goatg - As someone with the flexibility of a stale pretzel, it hurts to even think about that pose. Very impressive, indeed.

YES. That is exactly the advice I give to people considering triathlon!!!!

Haha. I can get my toes behind my head ;p

My knees are semi double jointed though. I've pulled my hamstrings and glutes stretching (at the same time). Most recently, my hammy (forward split, front foot flexed, back leg bending upward, trying to reach back to grab foot of behind leg). Sounds impressive but kind of sucks.

This is also old:
  • goatg
    Options
    cindyj568 wrote: »
    I also am aiming to complete a virtual race each month from 5k up to half marathon distance. I've completed ones for January and February and signed up for one in March.

Virtual race? Never heard of that.