What Is A Fitness Goal You Have That You Don't Typically Share?

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm still jealous....;)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Honestly, one day I'd love to be in a triathlon. I've never known a triathlete and I think it would just be an all-around amazing thing to accomplish.

In the meantime, my hush-hush fitness goals are:
    To do a pushup (I've always had nil upper body strength)
    To run a full mile without stopping/walking
    To finish a beginner lifting program
  • yoliyoda
    yoliyoda Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ones I dont typically share?

Beat those fitness exams I could NEVER accomplish in school.

Touch my fingers PAST my toes
    Do some pull ups
    Do full pushups and not modified ones
    Run or jog a mile without feeling like I'm gonna die.

I know school was EONS ago, but it would be so cool to beat those types fitness tests and thensome. I was always the scrawny kid who sucked at gym. And, now I'm the pudgy woman who still sucks at gym, LOL. I'm getting better already but sticking with it is probably the real goal here! Here's to 52 weeks of fitness in a row!

@Crafty_camper123

I can 100% empathize with this!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Bry, I love your first two goals. You're an endurance athlete and blessed in the VO2 department, I assume.

I have a FB friend (and RL friend) who does double and triple anvils. He's amazingly blessed; no sports related injuries EVER. I eventually became desensitized to his racing updates (seriously, how many times can you run 50 miles?;p).

To get (mis)labeled as an "endurance athlete" is the best thing that happened to me today! I have just been exercising very consistently for a number of years, never smoked, and have never really "let myself go" in the past...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    Honestly, one day I'd love to be in a triathlon. I've never known a triathlete and I think it would just be an all-around amazing thing to accomplish.

In the meantime, my hush-hush fitness goals are:
    To do a pushup (I've always had nil upper body strength)
    To run a full mile without stopping/walking
    To finish a beginner lifting program

Training for a sprint-tri is how I got into cycling.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @Bry - Nice goals. But fair warning: Participation in Goal #3 is a slippery slope and often a gateway to all sorts of crazy, expensive and time consuming endeavors. :)

@goatg - As someone with the flexibility of a stale pretzel, it hurts to even think about that pose. Very impressive, indeed.

YES. That is exactly the advice I give to people considering triathlon!!!!

@goatg @Djproulx yes, I am slowly getting sucked into it! I am trying to stay "entry level" with a reasonable tri bike and accessories, but I did drop several hundred on a Kinetic indoor trainer so I that can cycle in my basement during the winter. I will stretch the rest of it out over the next few months, looking to do the sprint in August. (And I have to actually figure out how to swim with some type of respectable form and pace, but why worry about that, swimming is only 1/3 of the skillset required, right? :D )

• Djproulx
    Options
    @Bry - Nice goals. But fair warning: Participation in Goal #3 is a slippery slope and often a gateway to all sorts of crazy, expensive and time consuming endeavors. :)

@goatg - As someone with the flexibility of a stale pretzel, it hurts to even think about that pose. Very impressive, indeed.

@goatg @Djproulx yes, I am slowly getting sucked into it! I am trying to stay "entry level" with a reasonable tri bike and accessories, but I did drop several hundred on a Kinetic indoor trainer so I that can cycle in my basement during the winter. I will stretch the rest of it out over the next few months, looking to do the sprint in August. (And I have to actually figure out how to swim with some type of respectable form and pace, but why worry about that, swimming is only 1/3 of the skillset required, right? :D )

Uh oh...@goatg, I think we're too late. He's already gone over to the dark side ;)

@Bry, Sounds like you've got a good approach and plenty of time. I suspect that you will enjoy the challenge.
    Since you probably already bike and run a bit, my two cents would be not to delay the swim practice too long. Swimming is very technique driven and it can take a bit of time to get comfortable in the water.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Not to be bored with the same exercises/regimens or "programs"...keep my training & exercise variety somewhat fresh & enjoyable by throwing in some new lifts even if they might seem a bit unconventional. Always open to try new things due to boredom of lifting for such a long time...not trying to build necessarily just recomposition/maintenance
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Lift my wife and carry her across the threshold for our 25th anniversary this year.

Now, THAT, is a cool goal.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Be able to go an MMA fight and dont be dead tired at the start of round 2
  • Djproulx
    Options
    yoliyoda wrote: »
    1. Learn to swim (almost 40 and I still don't know how)
    2. Be able to do a pull-up and a chinup
    3. Increase my flexibility
    4. Fit into a dress my husband bought me about 7 years ago

I went back to find this post. These are great goals....They seem tough, but doable.

And I would really urge you to learn to swim. It may take awhile to learn, but its a terrific low impact exercise and can be very relaxing.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

Uh oh...@goatg, I think we're too late. He's already gone over to the dark side ;)

Without a doubt. He seems like an appropriately micromanaging, high control, super disciplined, addictive personality. He’ll fit right in!

Welcome ;-)
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This is a good question: My hush hush goal is to always be able to squat, push jerk and clean more than my bodyweight. In addition to this i would love to be able to snatch my bodyweight but my snatch sucks badly!!
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Beating my sister in the amounts I can lift
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I always wanted to be able to do a full split and a backbend. With time and practice I've achieve that.

These days I add short bursts of activity in throughout my workday.

My job is really sedentary, but I work and workout from home so it makes it easy to do. 50 push ups on my toes. Jogging in place for 5 minutes. Walking lunges down the hallway. Jumping jacks etc. I don't do this for the calorie burn or for fitness, but just to get moving. The extra activity does adds up though.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I don't have any very specific goals really. My over arching premise is too continue to get stronger while also improving my endurance and running.