Options
    Danw586 wrote: »
    denny_mac wrote: »
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

Made this comparison at the end of last year. Skinny---->fat
    >bodybuilder

Will be adding a fourth picture soon once I finish this cut :)

Impressive sequence, Dan. Very motivational!

Thank you, sir.

I don't even like to post pictures of myself back then because I'm a completely different person now, but I'm hoping my transformation picture is inspiring to someone.

You certainly are inspiring Dan.. your transformation is amazing .

Thanks, Jo. :)

As they say, breakups make bodybuilders. I've found self improvement is healthy, but it's important to stay humble and keep fitness in balance with the rest of life's adventures and demands.

"Breakups" hot damn you're single? .. *books flight* :laugh:

I hear ya, I think many of us after a breakup finally find the drive and motivation to take care of ourselves.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

I don't even like to post pictures of myself back then because I'm a completely different person now, but I'm hoping my transformation picture is inspiring to someone.

As they say, breakups make bodybuilders. I've found self improvement is healthy, but it's important to stay humble and keep fitness in balance with the rest of life's adventures and demands.

"Breakups" hot damn you're single? .. *books flight* :laugh:

I hear ya, I think many of us after a breakup finally find the drive and motivation to take care of ourselves.

:D

Don't laugh.. I'll be knocking on your door in 10 minutes :lol:
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

I'm sure you guys are right, but most of the people I know (including myself) fall in the opposite boat: having a supportive long-term partner equips them with a platform to be the best version of themselves.

I think it's interesting.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

I'm sure you guys are right, but most of the people I know (including myself) fall in the opposite boat: having a supportive long-term partner equips them with a platform to be the best version of themselves.

Agree that a healthy relationship will have that affect. For me, the end of an unhealthy one was a wake up call to self evaluate and improve physically and mentally.

And this was the same for me.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

I've never heard the saying breakups make bodybuilders.....

I fall on neither side. A relationship, or lack of one was never my motivation for any physical or athletic accomplishment. In my mind one has nothing to do with the other. I enjoy my fitness being the one thing in life that o am in complete control of.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    yzm0v9y1gsg9.jpeg

Really nothing to see here but I’ll contribute nonetheless for the sake of dads everywhere.

I am a 42 year old dad of 4..... the first pic is last summer at 185lbs, the second was yesterday at just under 160lbs. It’s a long road, starting so late in life, but I’ve got the time.

Dude despite you being a douche to me in the past, I have no problems saying you're looking great! 25 lbs is no joke and you rock almost the purest definition of the good 'dad bod' that women are adoring in 2018. Keep on keeping on!
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    yzm0v9y1gsg9.jpeg

Really nothing to see here but I’ll contribute nonetheless for the sake of dads everywhere.

I am a 42 year old dad of 4..... the first pic is last summer at 185lbs, the second was yesterday at just under 160lbs. It’s a long road, starting so late in life, but I’ve got the time.

You're doing good things Kasner :)
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

That is quite the transformation!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Faux bacon... for shame.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

I guess it goes either way. My ex-wife didn't really care one way or the other on if I worked out or not. She did try to make healthy meals. But, didn't like my being gone.

I'm still struggling to work my way back to being healthy. Had a number of years of negatives beating me down, and taking their toll on me.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @leut_underpants Thank you my friend.
  • goatg
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

I fall on neither side. A relationship, or lack of one was never my motivation for any physical or athletic accomplishment. In my mind one has nothing to do with the other. I enjoy my fitness being the one thing in life that o am in complete control of.

When was your last relationship?
    It's not my motivation for athletic accomplishment but I'd be lying if I said that being in a relationship doesn't affect my training....at least, historically.
    My last serious relationship, I found myself not being as disciplined with training just because I really enjoyed doing things together (this was 2+ years ago, and I had a much less demanding work schedule). That said, I also didn't have a coach putting my workouts up : ) Perhaps I'd be better now.
    Last semi-relationship was during off season. Would have been unsustainable through IM training. He wasn't supportive enough of my priorities during off season so I dropped him like a bad habit in January.
  • goatg
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    I know I know you guys were probably expecting to see a statue of Michelangelo or something... but apparently loving bacon this much makes you look like this.

zu984zlfar4q.jpg

This makes me love bacon even more.

LOL

Idk, not looking too bad. Hiiiiiighly skeptical. Is that turkey bacon? ; )

Take it back... now

Ooh. Whatcha gonna do? :wink:
  • goatg
    Options

I guess it goes either way. My ex-wife didn't really care one way or the other on if I worked out or not. She did try to make healthy meals. But, didn't like my being gone.

I'm still struggling to work my way back to being healthy. Had a number of years of negatives beating me down, and taking their toll on me.

It's important to get partners onboard with your values. It's okay to want different things, but there has to be understanding that trying to force change will only initiate a negative cycle of feelings & behaviors.

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like it was a long road....I'd be curious to ask in, perhaps, a more private setting? How's working your way back going?
  • goatg
    Options
    I know I know you guys were probably expecting to see a statue of Michelangelo or something... but apparently loving bacon this much makes you look like this.

zu984zlfar4q.jpg

LOL

Take it back... now

I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't take it back now, that'll be the end of it

Ooh, I'm giddy! :smiley:

Shall I DM you my address now, or my surname and let you put your skills to use?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    5tyhcmzg29cb.jpg

>bodybuilder

Thank you, sir.

When was your last relationship?
    It's not my motivation for athletic accomplishment but I'd be lying if I said that being in a relationship doesn't affect my training....at least, historically.
    My last serious relationship, I found myself not being as disciplined with training just because I really enjoyed doing things together (this was 2+ years ago, and I had a much less demanding work schedule). That said, I also didn't have a coach putting my workouts up : ) Perhaps I'd be better now.
    Last semi-relationship was during off season. Would have been unsustainable through IM training. He wasn't supportive enough of my priorities during off season so I dropped him like a bad habit in January.

This is where having someone you're involved with either being supportive, or taking part in training with you. The Tri group I trained with had two or three couples that trained together. One couple met through the group, and eventually married. I believe the others had met before being a part of the group. Was very cool to see them do it all together and support one another.

Have yet to find someone who's interested in the same things I am that makes me not want to be single.
  • goatg
    Options

zu984zlfar4q.jpg

LOL

Take it back... now

I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't take it back now, that'll be the end of it

Ooh, I'm giddy! :smiley:

Shall I DM you my address now, or my surname and let you put your skills to use?

No need, I already know.

Hot.

I have three blue chests. Unlocked. Downstairs bedroom. I highly advise taking full advantage of almost everything that's inside.