Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing 80 Days Obsession this week.
    I highly recommend it, good fun and great progress.

To all who visit this sub: what BeachBody program do you recommend from a pure and sole strength training point of view?

Because I figure I can complement any cardio and yoga/stretching on my own, but I'd like to follow a strength training program again.

Which one will hit the old muscles the most sufficiently and efficiently in your opinion? = )?

I have dumbbells and recently received a barbell and a pull-up bar D=>

Body Beast? Liift4? P90X 1, 2 or 3? Chalean? Hammer and Chisel?

Any input will be appreciated.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 6 Day 2: Back/Biceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done! was super rough today. GD neighbors were blasting their GD stereo 'till 2:40 this morning. :s
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »

To all who visit this sub: what BeachBody program do you recommend from a pure and sole strength training point of view?

Because I figure I can complement any cardio and yoga/stretching on my own, but I'd like to follow a strength training program again.

Which one will hit the old muscles the most sufficiently and efficiently in your opinion? = )?

haven't tried Chalean, but any of those other ones will work.
  • sophia162
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

haven't tried Chalean, but any of those other ones will work.

Awesome, I'll just watch the trailers and see what trainer I like best!
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sweat Intervals completed.
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Beta Ript Circuit is done. Nailed it 😏

Stay Focused. Keep going. You’ve got this! 😎
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Finished month 2 of Asylum. Managed 8 rounds on the fit test.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Gamma Speed 3.0 & Core Speed"=Done!
  • sophia162
    Options

I'm a big fan of Liift4. It's definitely tough enough to help you build some muscle, but it has the three cool off days built into the program so it gives your body ample time to rest between workouts.

Thanks! It just so happens I'm nudging towards that one for that very reason. The end of the year is such a hectic time for all, so 3 rest days is sounding pretty convenient.

Of course it raises some concerns (will 4 training days be enough?), but I'm sure the program works. And I'm totally on the "train smart, not necessarily more" train.

Anyway, thanks... really. Now I'm even more inclined to do that one = )

Next week I should start! (Unless I take a week off in between programs, but I doubt it.)
  • joshclarke22
    joshclarke22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this group. I will be starting a modified version of P90X. I have a bad knee so I cant do most of plyometrics (I've done P90X before), instead I will be doing other Tony Horton cardio stuff to get me through. I need a beachbody for summer 2019.
  • Whey125
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Build shoulders completed! Rest day tomorrow.
  • Whey125
    Options
    Love this group. I will be starting a modified version of P90X. I have a bad knee so I cant do most of plyometrics (I've done P90X before), instead I will be doing other Tony Horton cardio stuff to get me through. I need a beachbody for summer 2019.

Welcome and I am sure you can hit those goals with p90x!
  • merijovanovska
    merijovanovska Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting with PiYo this week. I hate exercising in general, but this seems doable and fun. Some of the moves seem so engaging and complex that I can't wait to try them. Hopefully I'll maintain this level of enthusiasm :):):)

I signed up for Beachbody on Demand after reading this review, so I hope that I can progress with something else after a single round of PiYO. Repetativeness bores me to death, so I want to try something different after this. I've done two of their dancing routines in the past, so I must go for something else. Focus T25 sounds good.

My husband is an avid fitness junkie, and loves the Asylum series from Beachbody, I might surprise him one day, who knows. How hard would you say Asylum Vol. 1 is, for someone who is doing fairly well with Cize, but haven't tried anything else from the Beachbody library?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 6 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options

I'm a big fan of Liift4. It's definitely tough enough to help you build some muscle, but it has the three cool off days built into the program so it gives your body ample time to rest between workouts.

Thanks! It just so happens I'm nudging towards that one for that very reason. The end of the year is such a hectic time for all, so 3 rest days is sounding pretty convenient.

Of course it raises some concerns (will 4 training days be enough?), but I'm sure the program works. And I'm totally on the "train smart, not necessarily more" train.

Next week I should start! (Unless I take a week off in between programs, but I doubt it.)

Well, in terms of lifting make sure you lift heavy enough. Joel (instructor) says you should be feeling it by the 8th rep. I did Day 2 back and biceps on Tuesday and I'm still feeling my arms on Thursday. I'm doing Cize as well.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Starting with PiYo this week. I hate exercising in general, but this seems doable and fun. Some of the moves seem so engaging and complex that I can't wait to try them. Hopefully I'll maintain this level of enthusiasm :):):)

I signed up for Beachbody on Demand after reading this review, so I hope that I can progress with something else after a single round of PiYO. Repetativeness bores me to death, so I want to try something different after this. I've done two of their dancing routines in the past, so I must go for something else. Focus T25 sounds good.

My husband is an avid fitness junkie, and loves the Asylum series from Beachbody, I might surprise him one day, who knows. How hard would you say Asylum Vol. 1 is, for someone who is doing fairly well with Cize, but haven't tried anything else from the Beachbody library?

Not looking to scare you off...Asylum is a MONSTER! awesome, but tough as H3LL! you'll need to work up to it...then still get clobbered.
  • sophia162
    edited November 2018
    Options

gam3rguy wrote: »

Not looking to scare you off...Asylum is a MONSTER! awesome, but tough as H3LL! you'll need to work up to it...then still get clobbered.

haha I second that, I think Asylum is graduation and before that you should course "Focus T25" and/or "Insanity" (the original) to build a foundation in the Shaun T madness.

Because Cize is different, I'm thinking. I feel it's more of a coordination/rythm challenge, but cardio power wise... it really doesn't compare, yo.

(If it makes you feel better, I tried and failed miserably at Cize because I'm a clutz and have less groove than my great grandma.)

Good luck!
  • sophia162
    edited November 2018
    Options

Well, in terms of lifting make sure you lift heavy enough. Joel (instructor) says you should be feeling it by the 8th rep. I did Day 2 back and biceps on Tuesday and I'm still feeling my arms on Thursday. I'm doing Cize as well.

Great, will do, the way to make sure I'm getting the most of those 4 days will be by lifting heavy enough.

And I too will complement with some cardio, I'm thinking some kickboxing, because I can't dance to save my life.
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Today was Beta Speed 2.0