Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why do people deny CICO ?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I look forward to reading that.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    But even if I can't get to the 25 BMI, as you pointed out, getting to my lowest sustainable weight, even if it puts me at a 30 BMI, is still way, way better than being at 57!

100% agreed. I'm stalled at around 27.5 and am staying put for a bit. It's way better than the ~45 I started at and if I never break through the magic 25, so be it. I'm fitter, run a lot more and look better at 53 than I did at 33 (except for the gray hair).

*laughs* and you can hide that with Clarol! lol

I'm 38, and I'm set now to enter my 40's in much shape than I did when I hit 30, even if I don't get to that 25 number. I will be absolutely estatic to get below 250; below 200 would be a dream come true. Getting below 160? I have a hard time picturing that.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I read stuff all the time about how reducing calories will cause you body to not burn calories - your body will go into 'starvation' mode, blah blah blah.