WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Rori: Your evening sounds like an excellent plan for a cold and stormy night. Soup in the slow cooker and a great old movie are very nice, indeed. :star:

Rebecca: Prayers for your middle son's wife. I hope her health issues are resolved soon. :flowerforyou:

(((Heather))) Sending good thoughts for the sale of your home so that you can move to Hove. :star:

Felicia: we haven't actually been to Bob's Red Mill but we've heard it has a grand store and also a restaurant. They're located in Milwaukie, about half way between us, give or take. DH has been feeling rough for the past month or so, and I don't think he's up to the adventure of going there just now, but it is on my bucket list. Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods, 13521 SE Pheasant Ct, Milwaukie, OR 97222. :bigsmile:

Michelle: Thanks for the information about Bob's Red Mill coupons! I didn't know anything about them. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I'm so happy to hear how well the hospital is taking care of your DH. Sending good thoughts for his recovery. :heart: Your comments about how you take care of your health are eloquent and on target. I aadmire your choice to stay as healthy as you can.

SueBDew in TX: I'm so glad that your DH wasn't seriously hurt in his fall. I'm happy to know he'll be getting someone else to do that job. :star:

We've both been active for the past couple of days & DH is tired and went to bed at about 8:30. I hope he sleeps well and feels good to go tomorrow. Nothing is currently planned for the day except that we'll try to put a little fun into it.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.
    Steve Jobs
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,586 Member
    Options
    Love you, Machka.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Machka in Oz What an inspiration, I'm humbled by your dedication and determination. I can't pretend to know how you feel having not been in the situation, but having your world turned upside down in a split second is something none of us ever hope to face. I hope that if I'm ever faced with a such a situation I will remember you and your grace and strength. Biggest big (((hugs))) to you and I continue to pray for both you and your husband.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    JanetR, Kelly, such cuties!

Lisa, thank you so much. I wish I were closer to hug and enjoy them more. Hey, they live close to Rori, she's way too young to be a great-grandma but I bet she'sa terrific chubby cheek kisser :)

Janetr OKC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Machla - thanks for your inspiring words to all of us, I am so.... glad your husband is being treated correctly. I hope you are getting the respite you need as well

Lisa - Congrats on losing - I do like the look of the pedestal table

KJLAmore - what a cutie - I can see why he makes you smile

Terry - I just love love the bracelet - very subtle

Heather - Have finished reading your book and I was disappointed when I came to the last page as I wanted to even know more about the little girl . Sorry to hear that the sell fell through

Karen - what a gorgeous picture - thankyou for sharing

Evie - Perhaps you can call him, he may be feeling confused and needs to hear from you to discuss it. I think that you have done the right thing. Your son is getting married, you would want to enjoy every moment of it.

Kim - I am glad your mum is getting on top of it - My MIL has a defib in her arm, so if the heart stops, it gives her an electric shot

Janet - Hope Jack feels better soon and no serious long term damage has been done to his knee

Rye - Gorgeous picky of your *kitten* cat

I spent the day being chauffeur to Granddaughter, first taking her up for her driving lesson, then went food shopping whilst she was with her teacher. her teacher asked me to take her out for hill starts this afternoon and tomorrow. Got her down to the doctors to get her flu injection done. Making my husband do the driving lesson with her tomorrow.

Tomorrow - we are going up to the rental as the painter says that he will be finished by lunchtime. We need to collect the keys from him

Off to cook dinner

Trish from OZ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Trish, Michele, Rori Terry, and all you other beautiful friends - thank you so much for reading my book. It has been so heart warming to me to see that people are making a connection with it. <3<3<3<3<3
    Can I ask again for you to put a review on Amazon. Just a few words will do. It doesn't have to be deathless prose. :bigsmile:
    Some of you may have a book group that might be interested, or a professional organisation that works with young people, or mental health. My intention was to "bear witness for the child".
    This thread has sustained me throughout the whole long process of getting it out there. Well over two years from start to finish!
    I can't thank you enough.

Karen - Is Olivia jealous? My older son was awful and both my elder grandchildren went through it. Poor things. I felt sorry for them. <3:o

Janetr - Ouch, that knee! :o:o:o:o:o:o

Machka - Well said. If you wait for motivation you will wait for ever. Just do it. No exceptions. I continue to hold you in my heart. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx