WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,380 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - So sorry to hear about your DDIL. Such hopes crushed. :'( She will be able to conceive ok with the one tube, but I'm sure she will be worrying about it. (((Hugs)))

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Is anyone friends with Joyce on FB maybe? I too am worried about her.....
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Kylia - What if you cooked up a batch of protein on Sunday and used it throughout the week in different ways. We grill up a huge batch of chicken breasts and I just freeze them in portions. I might use them one night for fried rice (with cauliflower rice), another night with zucchini noodles and marinara sauce, another night just heated with steamed veggies, another night to make soft tacos or tossed on a salad or in a frittata. I usually have cooked shrimp, chicken and pork loin frozen in meal sized portions so I just pick one the night before (or morning of if I forget) and thaw it during the day for dinner that night. You could also cut veggies on Sunday to use throughout the week in the different ways you plan to prep the protein each night. I cut the veggies for my lunch salad on Monday for the entire week (or two weeks in the case of the purple onions). I have found that if I chop and vacuum seal the lettuce it actually stays fresh for at least 10 days (I tried it when I went to visit the hub last weekend and it was fresh when I got home, yeah).

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    474167l68h9nknqq.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Terry - The green does show up much better. I could see you doing these with various school colors for your area for the fancy Mom's that want more than the $10 bracelet that doesn't last more than a season (if they are lucky).

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    KYLIA ~ I sent you a message.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
    sgm1168 wrote: »
    Very relieved to find this group. I've maintained fitness for 14 years after last baby. But that baby has been sick for 2 years and. . . out the door went fitness. Now at 49.5 yrs. I am amazed at how hard this is to lose the 25 pounds gained (I'm 5 feet tall so for me, that's a lot of weight). Is this typical? Characteristic of my age? I've lost 1 pound in 12 days--slight panic! I've got the calories counted, exercise added, and 10,000 steps in place--geeze this is tough? Is this normal? The last time I had to lose weight was after last baby! I was 33 years old--49.5 is not the same! Advice greatly appreciated.

everybody is different. just keep on keepin in you'll get there
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Sharon – hang in there, you do not need to know what you want, that is part of why you are going to go to counseling. I have a friend that KNEW she wanted her marriage to work and she and hubby went to counseling and found out that her hubby also wanted to stay married but told her and the counselor he would make no changes, make no effort, basically that he was perfect and she was the problem… they are divorced. So find a counselor and go hoping for insight, and then you can make a decision about what is best.

Rebecca – excellent, on weight loss and cute earrings! Glad DIL is ok, that is a tough situation, but I’m so glad she is ok

Carol – it’s easy to rescreen a slider – you should blow him away and do it yourself! Here’s a youtube video that’s pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDHChZMNO8

Allie – oh dear!!! Take care!

So sometimes I wonder how recipes are figured out, I made a chicken dish, that is ok, not great but ok…. It said it was 4 servings, each one cup, ok that will work, not too many days or leftovers…. 8 cups!!!! Of a not great recipe, 3 cups in the freezer, I just couldn’t take one more day of an ok, not great dinner. So I have made 2 new recipes this week and tossed both the recipes out, one more for tomorrow night – fingers crossed it will be good.

Smiles

Kim from N. California

lmao!!!! I showed kirby this and he says, yeah, takes me 5 minutes. drive it down to Lincoln hardware and come back in a couple days, easy!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    :)