WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your reassuring tales of eating differently from husbands. We've always been on different eating schedules and rarely ate together while I was working, except for weekends. Now that I'm retired, I tried cooking main mid day for us as Joe won't eat after 2pm due to his GERD. He gets up around 4 and cooks his own breakfast. Even if I'm up that early I can rarely eat before 8 and more often around 10. Well, the mid day dinner has fallen by the wayside. Just as well, I get frustrated when he won't eat my grass fed, organic, nitrate-free beef but will stop at DQ for a bacon burger. :ohwell:

Carol, another gazelle-like grand. Swift and beautiful!
    Katla
    "worms and sawdust" HAH! Another tea-snorter :)
    Rori likewise I'm better with dogs than children. Thank Goodness that's what I got ;)
    Rebecca I misread "Islander extraordinaire" to be "I slender extraordinaire" and will hold that image of you ;)
    Michelle, maybe the edible glitter would stay shiny on a sturdier (boiled?) frosting or glaze than buttercream? Breaking one of the drill bits seems a bit extreme to motivate your DH, but it sounds like something I'd have to do too ;)
    JanetR Felicity is a beautiful flower. Her date is one lucky guy.
    Barbie "Jake made the decision of what goes in which drawer so he can no longer say that he doesn't know where to find things." SMH that you could so yield that to Jake. I could never. Comfort myself that it wouldn't matter as Joe would never put anything away the same place twice ;)
    Sharon
    delighted to hear about your joyful day. Wishing you more.
    Machka "First ride since..." bravely done. Could you see/smell/hear for your DH on these rides? Being confined to indoors must be so very very hard. (((hugs))) to you both.
    NYKaren "...to help her process..." that was a generous gift.
    Okie vacuum sealed prepped lettuce keeps for up to 10 days? No way! What brand do you recommend?

Welcome rozv, sgm

Time to meditate, dress to shoes and leave for church. When I get back will bake brownies for the RFPD firefighters' appreciation BBQ. Tried to get Joe to come with, but he won't budge.
    Love to you all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I just had a couple of heads of iceberg (I like the crunch) so I gave it a try. I figured all I had to lose was the pint size vacuum seal bags. Worked great!

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Langman ~ Love the green glass in your bracelet.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Janetr, Felicity is a beautiful young lady and that prom dress is a knockout! Hoping she will overcome her shyness and self confidence issues.
    Sharon, I agree with Kim (California) the counselor will be the one to help you figure out what you want. He/she will ask questions that will (hopefully) guide you to the right decision for you. I think she makes an important point too, that if only one person is willing to make changes to keep the relationship going, then it probably won't work out very well for either person. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with the girls dancing etc!
    Rebecca, so glad your dil is getting better. One less tube shouldn't make a huge difference in getting pregnant, obviously it can happen, so that's half the battle, IMO.
    Heather, ugh, so sorry for your cystitis, battled that about a year ago, not fun at all! Also too bad about the whole house deal thing, but glad that you and hubby are continuing to purge and pack. That will make the move that much easier when it does happen (it will!)
    Allie, Oh my! do take care!
    Dana, love the gnome! Always brings a smile to my face when I see little things like that while out for a wander.
    The weather seems to be finally changing to spring! It was warm yesterday and the forecast for the next week is mostly sunny! Now if the wind will stay away, it will be very lovely! Always seems to be the way here, on a day that would be nice without wind, it's howling right off the polar ice cap. In the summer when it's so hot and a cool wind would be welcome, there isn't a breath of air stirring.... annoying, but just have to be thankful for A/C (a new thing for us! sure enjoyed it last summer!) Only five more Saturdays til the wedding, getting a little excited, still have not heard anything from son about my idea for the inlaws. If I don't hear by tonight, I'll shoot him a text or email or something. Don't like phoning, he doesn't answer half the time anyway (he's like his father that way!). It's not that either of them ignore me, it's more that the phone is somewhere that they aren't so they don't hear it. I can't say too much, I'm not much better! lol
    Work is starting to interrupt, so this is it for now! Welcome to the newbies, hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, where it's warm today!! :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    #PlantSnap #Coreopsis (#Tickseed)

I found the type of flower this is. Not sagebrush as I first thought.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the size. Don’t know how to shrink them from the MFP app.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Old pic, because he doesn't have a mustache anymore!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rye Great picture of your transformation on the other thread! Here is a great site for information and support for people that are doing recomposition.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest

You look fabulous :)

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Bracelet done with gree glass beads. They show up much better I think.

Beautiful!!!!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3