April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes Mine vary. In the worst case, the toenail separated in the back, but remained connected in front. It grew back underneath in the back, then that part fell off but remained connected in front. After 3 toenails had stacked up, the whole thing finally fell off, then grew back normally. The whole process took about 3-4 years. Others have been much quicker, falling off after a few weeks or months and growing back in less than a year. They usually start with blood congregating under the nail.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 and @MNLittleFinn congrats on Zumbro
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7, @MNLittleFinn Wowza!!! I’m beyond impressed. @MNLittleFinn, I would be done for like the next 3 days after 6 hours of running. My hats off to ya for 36+ freaking hours. I hope you have someone to wait on you hand and foot while you recover. Lol. @7lenny7 2 out of 3 laps is still more than the people who didn’t show up. Anything more than 2 miles in those conditions is amazing. I know I definitely would not be out running in that kind of weather.
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    So, um, those of you who have lost a toenail due to running how long did it take to grow back? And did it cause problems with your running?

I have one that I lost about 20 months ago it look about 11 months to grow back but it’s never been the same. Right now it looks like it wants to start coming off again.

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    My legs and feet hate me

I bet. But you did it!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My legs and feet hate me

And he lives!! Can't wait for the report @MNLittleFinn. Congrats on getting it done!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My legs and feet hate me

But in the best way, yes?

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING A BEAST!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

My legs and feet hate me

I’m sure they do. Congratulations amazing accomplishment!

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Race report is going to take a while. That was some epic *kitten*.

I don't doubt it.

100 miles is a hell of an accomplishment.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    My 3 year old is wandering around saying that he has two moms, the other one is named 'Screwshoes' and we both run, although he doesn't know why.

LOL, @sarahthes, this is hilarious and epically profound.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes Mine vary. In the worst case, the toenail separated in the back, but remained connected in front. It grew back underneath in the back, then that part fell off but remained connected in front. After 3 toenails had stacked up, the whole thing finally fell off, then grew back normally. The whole process took about 3-4 years. Others have been much quicker, falling off after a few weeks or months and growing back in less than a year. They usually start with blood congregating under the nail.

I think that is what is going on with my big toenail. It like doesn't want to fall off but it is still somewhat growing. It's starting to feel like it's getting ready to fall off after like 3 years.

I know they say you should go up shoe sizes if you're getting black nails but I can't. My currents shoes are 8 and if I go up to 8.5 they won't stay on my feet. I've tried different brands too, that size is just too big. So I suffer. LOL
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with everyone that ran this weekend! I cleaned my house instead LOL

My weight lifting challenge ends today. Over the past 12 weeks, I lost 4.7 pounds and several inches (1.5 or 2) from various points. I'm going to take it easy this week and then the following week is a vacation (lots of hiking!!!!). I dug around in the Garmin plans yesterday and added one to start 4/30 with HR Zone runs. I also added their HR Zone Marathon plan. I figured I'll give it a shot and it can sync to my google calendar so it's one less thing I have to enter. HA
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options

April 2018
    04.01.18 - 10 m. / 60 minutes on bike trainer.
    04.02.18 - 3.5 m EZ. / Swim
    04.05.18 - 10 m.
    04.07.18 - 26.2 m. W/ one of my MFP best friends.
    04.08.18 - 1 m. EZ
    04.09.18 - 1 m. EZ travel day
    04.10.18 - 6 m. And 1 hour bike trainer
    04.11.18 - 9.1 m. (2 jogs)
    04.12.18 - Bike Trainer
    04.13.18 - 7.8 m.
    04.14.18 - Bike Trainer

Upcoming Events:
    05.06.18 - Flying Pig Marathon.
    05.20.18 - IronMan 70.3 Chattanooga
    07.14.18 - IronMan 70.3 Muncie
    07.29.18 - IronMan 70.3 Ohio