April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I'm in Charleston for a music festival this weekend. We are staying at a prime spot at an Airbnb we found on Broad Street in the historic district. Headed out early for a morning run. Ran along the battery and through some side streets but I found the uneven slate sidewalks and cobblestone streets hard to navigate. The beginning part of my run was a bit frantic while I tried to settle into a route. By mile 3 I figured out where all the other runners were and enjoyed the scenery on the west side of town. I even ran into my hubby who was also out for a little run. Now heading to the Riverside Park for some good tunes!

I ran a HM there two years ago and those cobblestone streets are challenging! Hope you enjoy a lot of good music!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    Sorry not to catch up. Had a long road trip to Toledo today for tomorrow's half. Did a little shake-out run after we arrived. It was nice weather in the 50s, which was a great change. Hopefully the same for tomorrow.
    Hope the weather held out for you today and you had a great race!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @kevaasen careful! You are dangerously close to getting the trail running bug! :smiley:
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic Congrats on your race and PR!!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 I stumbled across that site myself the other day. I'm going to try to do every other long run on trails the next few months I think. I had fun today!
  • jele30
    jele30 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Made up some of the mileage missed last week with a quick 3 miles yesterday. We had an out of town wedding to get ready for, so couldn’t get in much. It was nice to get it in as the food at the wedding was really good and lots of car time.

Today, it was beautiful out. Close to 60 degrees, so was able to wear shorts and short sleeves. I was scheduled for 9, but knew I would only be doing 5 miles. The snow put us a couple weeks behind, so normally we’d have opened up our camper and cleaned out our site by now. With that said, we are itching to get to our camper and the half I was going to do is coinciding with my husband’s weekend off in two weeks. I’m going to back off the long runs for the half and focus on the 10k I’m registered for in June. I’ve been running 3-4 times a week and would like to get that up to 4-5 and look at a half later.

Previous total 20.5
    4/17- 3 miles
    4/18- 5 miles
    4/19- 5 miles
    4/20- rest
    4/21- 3 miles
    4/22- 5 miles

Total: 41.5/74.5 goal
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    exercise.png
  • huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I did my first ever trail race today. 5k in 39:03 which is 21 seconds slower than my road pb. It was tough but I’m happy with my time.

Just 21 seconds? Wowza! That's great! Congratulations!

The road PB and trail PB's can be keep separate. :wink:
    Thanks!

I'll definitely be keeping them separate. I only compared them this time because I thought I would be a lot slower on the trail!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I did my first ever trail race today. 5k in 39:03 which is 21 seconds slower than my road pb. It was tough but I’m happy with my time.

Just 21 seconds? Wowza! That's great! Congratulations!

The road PB and trail PB's can be keep separate. :wink:
    Thanks!

I'll definitely be keeping them separate. I only compared them this time because I thought I would be a lot slower on the trail!

That probably means if you ran a road race you would be much faster than you think you are. :)