MFP Is Turning Into High School

Options

Replies

• fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    if this is high school, I need a prom date. Anyone interested ?:flowerforyou:
    I'll go with you. I was pregnant at my junior prom and skipped my senior, so I'm due!

You're barely due!?! That's one long incubation for a baby!
    LMAO

I'm due for a prom -- without being pregnant!

WAIT for me! I went to an ultra conservative school and we didn't have prom. Can we go as a group? I'll bring a flask!
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Making a negative post about the negativity on this website....lol

How was this negative?

Is this a serious question?

OP is still in high school...never mind.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I'll go with you. I was pregnant at my junior prom and skipped my senior, so I'm due!

LMAO

I didn't go to my prom. I think I missed it cause I was high.

Oh to be a teenager.
  • TheLast16
    Options
    Guys. I'm not trying to complain. Sorry if you've heard this elsewhere or if its always been this way. I'm trying to make a point and most of you are confirming it. I've done nothing but read negative comments on peoples posts about the dumbest stuff. If someone is asking for help or has question of course give your honest opinion but why tear into someone over something silly that they wanted to share. If you're sick of reading posts like this I have a solution... DON'T CLICK ON IT.
    When someone posts advice or a strategy for losing weight that your own experience and/or research says is wrong and/or dangerous, how would you suggest that we MFPers respond to said post without any negativity or ignoring the post (thereby passively promoting bad advice), OP?
    I'm not talking about posts where people are saying dangerous things. Like I said above give your honest opinion. If its something silly don't just completely tear into them. I mean silly like buying something as a reward silly and people are incredibly negative towards them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    MFP PROM! Woo hoo!

But don't make me go in workout clothes. I want a prom dress.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Really? It's turning into high school? The people on here must have grown up a bit then, because last time I was in here it was like primary school :drinker:

It's the internet, and like some have said, this place is pretty tame compared to elsewhere. Take the good posts on board, ignore the dodgy advice, roll your eyes at the haters, laugh at the jokes, report anything that really crosses the line and you'll enjoy the forums a bit more.
  • TheLast16
    Options
    Are you guys really talking about me being in high school. I graduate from COLLEGE in November. Yes I'm 19. I Graduated from High School early.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    MFP Is Turning Into High School

I disagree. It has always been the way you describe.

Agreed. OP... you've been here 4 or 5 months. You are just getting acquainted. Lots of different people here with different ideas about what the terms "support" and "positive" mean. Lots of different people here with different maturity levels and at different places in life and different places in achieving their goals.

Perhaps, you should read posts with a little less judgment yourself. Maybe even try to stay open-minded about the message being offered. Who knows what you could learn??
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

tumblr_lxk3e2uUYp1qmj2w1o1_500.gif
  • sixout
    Options
    MFP PROM! Woo hoo!

I'm wearing these:

jeanpants-underwear.jpeg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it can be like that sometimes. It's usually always the same users who think it's funny to take over a thread asking a serious question and talk about poptarts.. or if you have a disagreement with someone, they tell their friends to join the thread and add their two cents or worse.

You just have to either ignore it, report it or avoid it altogether (which kinda sucks cause this place can be a lot of fun too!).
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    jpicsexiaduvysym3hmm.gif
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options

LMAO

Oh to be a teenager.

I was unbelievably high the night of my prom...went anyway. Those were the days.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    So that's why no one will sit with me at lunch...

Thanks for clearing that up for me, OP.
  • sixout
    Options

LMAO

Oh to be a teenager.

I was unbelievably high the night of my prom...went anyway. Those were the days.

That's cool. I would have gone, but most likely I forgot it was that night while being high haha
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm aware of what happens on the internet. I just dont understand why people can throw a fit over something someone posts on this site. They aren't attacking anyone or doing anything wrong just sharing something and they get picked at.

Wait, you don't understand how someone gets upset at something over the internet so you got upset at something over the internet.

what?

And also "threw a fit over it"
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I get what are you saying. So, who would we each be? Jock? Nerd? Emo? :smile: (for fun purposes)
  • rml_16
    Options
    Are you guys really talking about me being in high school. I graduate from COLLEGE in November. Yes I'm 19. I Graduated from High School early.
    Wow! You're, like, so OLD.
  • rml_16
    Options
    MFP PROM! Woo hoo!

I'm wearing these:

jeanpants-underwear.jpeg
    You're confusing prom with the Village People.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

LMAO

WAIT for me! I went to an ultra conservative school and we didn't have prom. Can we go as a group? I'll bring a flask!

Find your own date!Don't you dare c#$block me:angry::angry:
This discussion has been closed.