Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    10 miles in 1 hr and 5 min on the bike ride this morning. Ride is through farmland in the delta of the Arkansas River. Simply beautiful country.
  • Fammy04
    Fammy04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I smiled a few times reading these posts. Such positivity! It's contagious. 😊 I just had a really bad day with snacks, but I did log everything, so just a few points there. I think I'm going to hunker down here and chat. I'm always looking for new friends and the vibe here is amazing.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,745 Member
    Options
    10 miles in 1 hr and 5 min on the bike ride this morning. Ride is through farmland in the delta of the Arkansas River. Simply beautiful country.

This is for you and MoodyBear Congrats on your awesomeness!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32vblmQ714&list=PLScR4rsu2u96xC1IUHVZxFLrdNgBL73pN
  • jm216
    Options
    Fammy04 wrote: »
    I smiled a few times reading these posts. Such positivity! It's contagious. 😊 I just had a really bad day with snacks, but I did log everything, so just a few points there. I think I'm going to hunker down here and chat. I'm always looking for new friends and the vibe here is amazing.

Welcome Fammy04! We’re glad to have you here. :)
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

This is for you and MoodyBear Congrats on your awesomeness!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32vblmQ714&list=PLScR4rsu2u96xC1IUHVZxFLrdNgBL73pN

What a fun Video!!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Today marks day 4 of consistent logging, and also my 100 day streak with MFP. I’m proud that I hung in there for 100 days. Happy Tuesday!
  • 2GirlsANDaGuy
    2GirlsANDaGuy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello all, this is such a positive group. I have been on a rollercoaster of weight gain and weight loss for too long now and I am once again at the top of the ride. I would like to lose 40lbs and actually keep it off this time. At one point I was running 25miles a week consistently. I haven't gone for a run in at least 2 months and am scared of how I will feel when I do. I have been riding my bike a few times a week and hiking up a 800ft elev. gain hill near my home. My legs are getting stronger and I'm ready to start running again. I'm exited but also nervous. I've had success with logging in the past, but like many others once you stop logging the accountability goes away.
  • jm216
    Options
    Hello all, this is such a positive group. I have been on a rollercoaster of weight gain and weight loss for too long now and I am once again at the top of the ride. I would like to lose 40lbs and actually keep it off this time. At one point I was running 25miles a week consistently. I haven't gone for a run in at least 2 months and am scared of how I will feel when I do. I have been riding my bike a few times a week and hiking up a 800ft elev. gain hill near my home. My legs are getting stronger and I'm ready to start running again. I'm exited but also nervous. I've had success with logging in the past, but like many others once you stop logging the accountability goes away.

Welcome!! It sounds to me like you've built up your muscles and endurance...and you're ready to run! (I am not a doctor...merely a secretary at a school :D ) My son is a cross country runner and basketball player in high school, so therefore I'm totally qualified. Just start out slow and build up slowly. It took me 100 days to stop fighting myself with logging...so you've got this! Go get 'em!

Jill

• 2GirlsANDaGuy
    Options
    Hi Jill. I agree with you that logging is a constant fight. When eating right and staying in the green its easy to log, but when a setback happens and the numbers don't look so good its a bit harder to do. My problem is that once I have a few setbacks I seem to just fall completely off the rails. This time I will do better and keep myself accountable.

David
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill. I agree with you that logging is a constant fight. When eating right and staying in the green its easy to log, but when a setback happens and the numbers don't look so good its a bit harder to do. My problem is that once I have a few setbacks I seem to just fall completely off the rails. This time I will do better and keep myself accountable.

David

I have done this over and over and over again! I have a bad day that lets me turn it into a bad week, then a bad month. Before I know it, a year has gone by and I've gained more weight. I think this time with the help of all of the message boards I follow on here and the blogs I have that mentality beat. I can have a bad day and start right over again the next day. It's been a huge change in my mindset this time.

Tracey
  • jm216
    Options
    I agree with Tracey totally! These boards have been great for me, too. It’s really nice to have great people to share the journey with. <3 you all!
  • lauraf300
    lauraf300 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jm216 I find late night eating a great problem.... I need support and need to get up early so I am tired at night and not staying up till 2 am!
  • 2GirlsANDaGuy
    Options
    Laura, late night eating is a problem of mine also. You are not alone on that one I promise you so stay strong and take it day by day. Tracey you totally nailed what I was trying to explain in my post. A bad day is so easy to turn into a bad week... so on and so on. I am hoping these forums will help me when I do have some setbacks. That was the one piece that may have been missing for me. I've been at this for 6yrs and at one point was at maintenance, but now I'm at the highest weight I've ever been. :neutral:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Laura, late night eating is a problem of mine also. You are not alone on that one I promise you so stay strong and take it day by day. Tracey you totally nailed what I was trying to explain in my post. A bad day is so easy to turn into a bad week... so on and so on. I am hoping these forums will help me when I do have some setbacks. That was the one piece that may have been missing for me. I've been at this for 6yrs and at one point was at maintenance, but now I'm at the highest weight I've ever been. :neutral:

I eat at night too. I have learned this time to allow myself room for it. I started back on MFP in February after reaching 202 (by the time I bought a scale I was already probably 3 or 4 pounds down). This is the third or fourth time since 2006 I have tried to lose. The most I have gotten down to was 168 in 2012.

One major change I made a week or so ago, was I quit having breakfast except on Sunday's. I never ate breakfast on a regular basis but all the "books and advice" say you have to have breakfast, so I was doing it. Then I would run out of calories unless I worked out like crazy. (I hate exercising) Last week I thought, I never ate breakfast before so why am I now? So I stopped, I have a coffee in the morning and then have my lunch as my first meal. It has kick started my loss again after a month long plateau.
  • pandygirl1563
    pandygirl1563 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm new to mfp, this is actually my first day. I don't know how to add friend request yet. But if you like you can add me. Look forward to making new friends. Even though I'm new to mfp I'm not new to the weight loss Journey.

I remember a few years ago, stepping on Doctor scale and my weight showing exactly 400 lb. I've had struggles over the years trying to get this weight off always fluctuating between 20 or 30 lb difference from 350 to 385 lb. Finally, I have been able to get below 300 lb.

I was working really hard and I got my weight down to 251.8 lb, but the past 2 months, I've had some personal problems, along with my health acting up and so I gained a lot of weight up to 279. 2 lb. I thought I'd get on MFP, for encouragement and support and hopefully make some new friends who have similar goals. I've lost a total of weight 120.8 lb, and I have a 99.2 lb to go in order to reach my ultimate goal of 180 lb. I know I could do this, it's been a slow process, but it's definitely worth it. I overall I feel so much better than I did when I weighed 400 lb.

This seems like such a positive and wonderful thread. Look forward to making new friends and learning from each and every one on here,
    Wish the best to everyone on their Journey!!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm new to mfp, this is actually my first day. I don't know how to add friend request yet. But if you like you can add me. Look forward to making new friends. Even though I'm new to mfp I'm not new to the weight loss Journey.

I remember a few years ago, stepping on Doctor scale and my weight showing exactly 400 lb. I've had struggles over the years trying to get this weight off always fluctuating between 20 or 30 lb difference from 350 to 385 lb. Finally, I have been able to get below 300 lb.

I was working really hard and I got my weight down to 251.8 lb, but the past 2 months, I've had some personal problems, along with my health acting up and so I gained a lot of weight up to 279. 2 lb. I thought I'd get on MFP, for encouragement and support and hopefully make some new friends who have similar goals. I've lost a total of weight 120.8 lb, and I have a 99.2 lb to go in order to reach my ultimate goal of 180 lb. I know I could do this, it's been a slow process, but it's definitely worth it. I overall I feel so much better than I did when I weighed 400 lb.

This seems like such a positive and wonderful thread. Look forward to making new friends and learning from each and every one on here,

Wow congratulations on your big loss so far!
  • pandygirl1563
    Options
    Snowflake1968
    Thank you!!
  • jm216
    Options

Welcome PandyGirl!
    We’re so happy to have you, and we’re so proud of your accomplishments so far.
    Jill
  • pandygirl1563
    Options
    Thank you!! Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    I was wiped out at the end of the day yesterday, but my kitchen was a mess from dinner. So, instead of my night time grazing and cleaning, I put on some music and did a dance cleanup. It went a whole lot faster and was way more fun.

Jill