Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    The good news for me, is there is less temptation at home. And we are on rotating schedules of one week on, one off. So hoping to use the off weeks to make really good food and cut calories more on the off weeks by skipping breakfast.

Sitting at 171 this morning. Still working on getting consistently down in the 160s. Definitely have recomped a bit as i am starting to see some ab definition in the upper 4.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    The good news for me, is there is less temptation at home. And we are on rotating schedules of one week on, one off. So hoping to use the off weeks to make really good food and cut calories more on the off weeks by skipping breakfast.

Sitting at 171 this morning. Still working on getting consistently down in the 160s. Definitely have recomped a bit as i am starting to see some ab definition in the upper 4.

You have a gym to workout at?
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2020
    alexmose wrote: »

They are closed for the week and may reopen on Monday. Currently, i have defaulted to where i started my fitness journey by running P90X2 at home. Given i only have free weights, its the best option.

ETA: from a timing thing, it's worked out, i was going to deload for two weeks because i have been worn down. My deload weeks are actually bro-weeks where I mainly focus on dumbbells with higher reps and lower weights. A bit more functional fitness type stuff.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I'm officially "telecommuting" and my gym is closed. We'll see what this does to my cut.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    After the tomfoolery of Tuesday they decided to approve WFH for the next two full weeks. Down to 175.8 this morning from 179.4 on Monday (trend back under 177) even though I've not changed much of anything.
  • steveko89

They are closed for the week and may reopen on Monday. Currently, i have defaulted to where i started my fitness journey by running P90X2 at home. Given i only have free weights, its the best option.

ETA: from a timing thing, it's worked out, i was going to deload for two weeks because i have been worn down. My deload weeks are actually bro-weeks where I mainly focus on dumbbells with higher reps and lower weights. A bit more functional fitness type stuff.

P90X2 is a little bit of murder. lol. I did P90X 1 and find myself still doing some of his exercises. I love that program.

I never tried P90X2 but I did P90X after I gained weight when I first started working after college and P90X3 for a while before I started lifting more traditionally. Between the two I think I'd take original P90X over P90X3; they tried to get a little too gimmicky and time-focused IMO.
  • psuLemon
    steveko89 wrote: »

P90X2 is a little bit of murder. lol. I did P90X 1 and find myself still doing some of his exercises. I love that program.

I never tried P90X2 but I did P90X after I gained weight when I first started working after college and P90X3 for a while before I started lifting more traditionally. Between the two I think I'd take original P90X over P90X3; they tried to get a little too gimmicky and time-focused IMO.

I believe it was because people thought p90x was too long and hard. They scaled back a little on time with p90x2 but added more equipment. It has a good warmup which i like and is mainly under an hour. My favorite is bodybeast and hammer & chisel. Although, I would love to try some of the Athlean programs as they seem to get good reviews.

As you can tell, i did a lot of at home workouts. Mostly because i didn't have access to a good gym, my wife was pregnant and in general didn't get a lot of time. In fact, bodybeast is the reason i got into serious lifting. So i am definitely grateful for that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    All of you make me so glad that my kid is almost 16! :laugh:

Still rebelling a bit against the lower calories. I'm still up around 2200 calories five days, 2600 two days. I'm not hangry, just emotionally upset (which feels completely stupid to say) that I can't fit in all the things I could before. Very slight weight drop, 203.8, which is as it should be as I'm just under maintenance with this calorie goal.

Friday weigh-in, exactly the same as last week 203.8. Of course, it was lower all week then bumped back up on official weigh-in day.

I do, at least, feel like I'm dealing with the calorie deficit better mentally. I'm not feeling deprived like I was the first couple weeks.

201.8 this morning, 2 pounds whoosh after TOM. Yay!

Had my second WFH day yesterday, and did pretty good diet-wise. I trying to keep everything on a work-like schedule, including eating and taking walks on my breaks. We'll see how long I stay strong! :laugh:
  • steveko89
    Current home office situation
    019abx2i6uep.jpeg

About to take an early “lunch” break to get my workout in. 176 this morning. On a 9 day streak of eating under maintenance.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Current home office situation
    019abx2i6uep.jpeg

About to take an early “lunch” break to get my workout in. 176 this morning. On a 9 day streak of eating under maintenance.

Not sure your allowed to post your *Kitten* on this site. lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @steveko89 beautiful cat ! <3

@Mr_Healthy_Habits that is amazing! yay :)

How is everyone doing? I am trying my best to keep my mind off things by focusing on my fitness goals. I am happy I have a decent gym setup, it's not great since we are in a temp home right now but I have what I need. It is hard with all the kids home so I am basically trying to work out every other day or at least 3x per week.
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2020
    @sardelsa Over diet compliance is pretty food while i am off work. Going to do a carb refeed the next two days since i have been a little warn and i feel flat. Overall, my weight is trending down. Sitting at 170.4 this morning. I want to push hard with my at home workouts since my gym decided it won't open until April. Still going to aim for 2100 calories during my refeed but 300-400g of "clean" carbs. Definitely looking forward to eating a lb of sweet potatoes with some cinnamon.

Oh and i made these

b7upce8t18ui.jpg
    2urenqeqr3ol.jpg
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @sardelsa Over diet compliance is pretty food while i am off work. Going to do a carb refeed the next two days since i have been a little warn and i feel flat. Overall, my weight is trending down. Sitting at 170.4 this morning. I want to push hard with my at home workouts since my gym decided it won't open until April. Still going to aim for 2100 calories during my refeed but 300-400g of "clean" carbs. Definitely looking forward to eating a lb of sweet potatoes with some cinnamon.

Oh and i made these

b7upce8t18ui.jpg
    2urenqeqr3ol.jpg

Oh wow those look delicious! Enjoy your refeed :)
  • psuLemon
    sardelsa wrote: »

Oh and i made these

b7upce8t18ui.jpg
    2urenqeqr3ol.jpg

Oh wow those look delicious! Enjoy your refeed :)

So far I planned my first meal and i am already consuming more carbs than i typically do in an entire day. Definitely looking forward to having some proats!!!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member

Oh and i made these

b7upce8t18ui.jpg
    2urenqeqr3ol.jpg

Yum. Were they good?

I just spent a lot of dosh on some powerblock adjustable dumbbells.

I figure if I’m ironing from home I’m gonna do it in style. Boris finally got off the fence and closed the uk down.

How’s everyone else?
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member

Oh and i made these

b7upce8t18ui.jpg
    2urenqeqr3ol.jpg

And how do u make those??
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2020

Oh and i made these

b7upce8t18ui.jpg
    2urenqeqr3ol.jpg

And how do u make those??

Here is the base recipe. For Keto desserts, Joe Duff seems to be one of the best.

https://youtu.be/gUIHvUhM_Vw
  • psuLemon
    Day 1 of refeed went pretty well except i had too much fiber. But i hit 209g pro, 40g fat, 340g carb at 2504 calories. I definitely found that i need to use more starches and less fibrous fruits to increase carbs. Today i decided to use cereal, rice and oats. Still going to aim for 170-200g protein and 300g+ carbs with around 30-40g fat.

I felt and looked lean this morning (even saw some ab definition). Came in at 170.1 which is where i was at the beginning of the week. Kind of surprised based on my carb content (~3-4x over normal). I did a workout yesterday and performed really well.
  • psuLemon
    Day 2 refeed update. It went much better once i went with more cereal, starches and candy. Total calories 2556, 180 protein, 45g fat, 361 carb. Weight dropped to 169.7. Overall, i consider it a very good learning experience and will probably incorporate them every 2 or 3 weeks.

I am also going to maintain a slightly lower deficit in hopes of pushing hard during my home workouts. Goal is to hit abs 5 days a week (more to core strength) and to help address my back issues. Will probably run the AthleanX program with supplementation of a Beachbody cardio/agility workout on the off days.